Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: DarthMod Napoleon v2.65 Feedback

Default Re: DarthMod Napoleon v2.65 Feedback

Awesome mod! Advanced ai, new units, etc. Just a few bugs. One, for some reason, when I play as the French or I have the French as an ally in battles, for some reason, their troops are completely brown, or white uniforms. Also, squares vaporize quickly after being attacked. Also, you should make all the smaller factions playable in battles and campaigns as well. I would love it that you fix these bugs and add these improvements. Otherwise awesome mod.

did the uninstall, then the install....but when I hit play...I get this pop-up....."you are ready to launch Napoleon manually. Please do not close the launcher!" K....?? now what?

n1njaloanthi's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by thundornoggin View Post
    did the uninstall, then the install....but when I hit play...I get this pop-up....."you are ready to launch Napoleon manually. Please do not close the launcher!" K....?? now what?
    use your Napoleon Total War icon on your desktop or launch the game via steam to play. btw does anyone know that we can close the launcher while playing? in previous versions we can use the launcher to choose the setting for the first time and next time we play we can just start the game directly and not to keep the launcher open

After watching the demo video on Yt I immediately went and downloaded this mod.
    I am a slow mover, cautious type, so I wanted to go through the tutorials first to get familiar although I have been playing TW games since STW. I got stuck with the naval tutorial. I play as the French (don't know why, I did not select a country, I picked Europe from the launcher), and the second british ship in the tutorial is un-killable. As it approached, I hit it with 3 volleys, it lost a few guns and crew, but the hull health markers remained full green. From that point it closed in on me and I could not get a shot at her because she moves faster then I can turn or move. And the AI keeps moving behind me, out of my firing arch, only stopping to shoot me. Once, when it was going full speed behind me, I tried to turn the other way, not after her, but to get to the front of her the opposite way. She stopped, turned around and went the other way quicker then I was able to turn 90 degrees.
    My mast and sails were intact.
    I spent 3 hours on 4 attempts. What happened? Is this what I can expect in the campaig? Because I will not build French navy then...

I managed to get through the battle. I suppose the French have better cannon range? I maneuvered to stay at medium-long range and whittled down the crew of the British ship, which suddenly triggered the next step in the tutorial: boarding the enemy ship. Otherwise the hull health bars remained at 90-95% after about 25 salvos. lol thank you designer team...
    When the reinforcements arrived, I concentrated my fire on a single ship, killed the crew down below 100 and boarded with my ship of 220 men. They almost all died and my ship ran away with 30 crew leaving around 50 enemy crew alive. lol!
    Then the campaign tutorial. Straightforward if boring, but then comes the siege of Toulon. The advisor says attack and click auto-resolve. Then I see the Brits have like 20 units while I have 4. lolwut?
    I tried to recruit more but the units are greyed out, cannot recruit more than 6-7. Hmm. I tried the times, no win... Then I thought well let's just start a siege. Then voila the totorial script kicks in, and the five times bigger army surrenders and I take the city. Glorious victory LOL
    Now on to the French campaign in Italy...

I got this mod to work last night. It is execellent. One thing though, are there any blood effects? I didn't seem to see any in my practice battle.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

yes there is blood-use shader 3 and effects at high setting but not ultra.

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    yes there is blood-use shader 3 and effects at high setting but not ultra.
    I guess there was no visble blood in that battle. I'll start a game and see what happens.

stephsen's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by nokmirt View Post
    I guess there was no visble blood in that battle. I'll start a game and see what happens.
    a little question : i have more effects-detail when i use high setting and not ultra in combination with shader 3.0 ??? (in particle options)

best 'Regards Stephsen

the game crashed after some weird sound loop error.
    and now it complaints about something with the unicode.lmn directory inside DMN library

and it futher give more errors when pressing play.
    I manually typed in all of what is said, but this forum is so bibbing ridiculous and slow that it looses all of what i typed som many times in a row that I won't do it again unless its really needed.

when main game is started up it clearly doesnt function right. darthcampaign botton is gone even though is says 2.65 in lower left corner. and crashed on attemp to load or start new campaign

then i dicided to reinstall as I thought that would be much faster than asking for help.
    But no matter how many times i reinstall no matter how much i manually make sure that traces of old install is gone it gives the same error message on fresh install.

I have no clue why a freshly installed DMN can't work.
    I had a nice prussian campaign running on turn 58 that I have been playing on for 2weeks and then Out Of The Blue crash and can't be recovered even with precision reinstall.

I am really bummed out by this and am reallly considering never to touch the game again.
    played empire for 1150 hours
    played napoleon for 46hours
    played shogun 2 for 380hours
    I am used to error in all TWgames and have reinstalled and fixed 95% of them myself.
    so it seems once again napoleon draws the shortest straw and will remain on the shelf.

sorry for the somewhat rant I wrote. I'll just put the game on the shelf and play the other two TW games. don't mind me

Quote Originally Posted by stephsen View Post
    a little question : i have more effects-detail when i use high setting and not ultra in combination with shader 3.0 ??? (in particle options)

best 'Regards Stephsen
    hi would love to know if this is true!?
    why should't there be any blood on ultra??

knox

Love it! Thanks for your work Darth.

Really enjoying the heck out of DM:N. Playing an "Imperial Psychopath" campaign as France in the all-of-Europe scenario. Slowly grinding my way through Prussia, secondary movements towards the Ottoman Empire, being sure not to attack Austria proper until it's down to just its capital (Don't want their auto-peace to ruin the achievement!). The particle effects and sounds are just so lovely, the units all firing by rank, it's absolutely glorious. Thanks so much for the hard work! It's absolutely breathtaking.

Few comments and questions...
    What does the "Rifled Cannon" technology do?

Howitzers seem incredibly inaccurate. I take a few into battle with me just for the "volley and thunder" but they really don't score many kills because they so rarely score any hits. Artillery in general seem pretty weak unless they're being used for canister. For that role, they're pretty effective, but otherwise a little disappointing. Similarly, enemy cannon are generally a non-issue. Seems a shame for the "King of Battle" to be of such questionable combat value. The only thing they're truly good at is forcing the enemy to come to you, which is admittedly a worthwhile use for them, but still.

I find it very, very difficult to rank up my infantry, especially my Middle and Old Guard. It's late 1808 already, and having fought my way through from Portugual to Prussia I've only gotten up to three chevrons, one of which was an Arc de Triomphe freebie. The way I've used them, they're generally in the thick of the action but rarely take more than 35% casualties, so I would hope they'd eventually level up, but it almost never happens. Is there a trick to it, or is it just very hard to do?

Also having a tough time figuring out how stars are gained - Napoleon's been running roughshod over Prussian armies for two years now, winning decisive and heroic victories both, but he's stuck as six stars while Michel Ney, who slapped Belgium and the Netherlands around a bit has been lording it up as a nine-star general for half the campaign.

I don't think I've seen a ship explode yet, and seen very few catch fire. Naval battles are very cinematic and impressive, but man are they slow. I suppose it's about accurate though, so I won't complain.

Lastly, from a personal and gameplay perspective, I think there are just too many unique units available to the French. There are probably fifty or more cards in Paris' build options, most of which are practically identical to each other with slightly different jackets and hats. It's rather messy, despite the novelty of being able to have the Hibernia regiment fighting with me.

Some of these new unique units are slightly broken though. I'm not sure what's up with the Collone d'Attaque - especially since it has no description. The Portuguese Legion and French Reunion Battalion are also a bit screwed - while they can go into both light infantry formation and square which would seem to be awesome, when they're either in line formation or spread out and loose, only the front rank will fire. Very silly looking for two hundred men to be looking through the grass at the baddies, and only the 30 in front will shoot.

for some reason it seems that the campaign time limit for the campaigns is really short compared to Empire total war , can anyone help me find a mod that extends the deadline of campaigns

whooooo!!! Awesome!!! Thanks for your work Darth.

If I disable the mod, the vanilla has any improvement?!...

can't even run the mod because of stupid crashed everytime i try to play any campaign it crashes in the loading screen,only working is the custom battle. (not the proper place but it seems no one is answering in tech support)

Honestly, the prettyness is amazing. But I have a massive problem with this mod. Theres little to no individuality and its lazy in regards to factions.

For instance, theres no detail in regard to the minor factions that have been unlocked. The papal states have no boats, the units are named in their own language, even phonetically. Take a look at the L'montee De l'empire or...whatever its called, they have amazing in depth information about each faction, but your effects are so much prettier, but I cant make them work on that mod. If you used their template for the factions and info, it would be so much better. Asides from this I love it, and have been trying for the past few hours to get darth effects to work on LME, but to no avail.

So yeah, summary, the faction individuality sucks, but the prettiness is close to orgasmic

What's the diference between the vanilla option in darth mod menu and the others?!...