Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: DarthMod: Shogun II v5.0 Feedback

Lito's Avatar Civis

Default Re: DarthMod: Shogun II v5.0 Feedback

I changed to launcher version and well, this:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=135058492

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=135058796

What have I done wrong?

Edit: Fixed it, not quite sure how though.
    Last edited by Lito; March 29, 2013 at 10:02 AM.

Yeah, good someone agrees with me. im giving away 40 000-50 000 of my money to the remaining enemys and still they dont develope their citys (seems to have stoppes after turn 100) or create any huge army which attack me. Im at turn 232 now, on very hard and its just a walk in the park :-)
    Good going CA, you really must be proud of your hard work.....

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    http://www.raceinfo.no/temp/rome2%20blast.gif

Im getting so many game freeze....

Well i´m not playing with any kind of boosters cheats or megaloamania money jackpots for that matter and my campaigns are working just wonderful if i may honestly say that in my wonderful world Cmon try to play it on hard and dont use any kind of boosters, expect bayonet and larger deployment boost. And tell me later/us how the AI and such progress, if you you ofcourse want it a go, not forcing you tho

BR AN.
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

" A faint breeze drifts in the air,
    Cautioning members with words of care.

"Cease this pointless toil and clammer,
    Lest you face the mighty Banhammer!"

And with that the breeze is gone,
    And all members let bygones be bygones."

My new FAN! =^.^=

Well i´m not playing with any kind of boosters cheats or megaloamania money jackpots for that matter and my campaigns are working just wonderful if i may honestly say that in my wonderful world Cmon try to play it on hard and dont use any kind of boosters, expect bayonet and larger deployment boost. And tell me later/us how the AI and such progress, if you you ofcourse want it a go, not forcing you tho

BR AN.
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

My new FAN! =^.^=

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Darth, I don't see all bulldog's generals when I activate the option from the launcher For example I have the normal Otomo Sorin (not bulldog's one).

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

still have ROTS bows sounding like rifles and guns with this version but lets continue to focus on the people who have it to ease lol

I don't have any boosters enabled.... The games diplomacy and trade rights are just sort of broken now. Anyone with any kind of strength is basically guaranteed to get trade rights with anyone who is not your enemy. Easier trade rights results in more allies and less enemies than before. The game is just too easy because your ability to acquire easier trade rights reduces the likelihood that people will declare war on you. This results in any decent player essentially fighting only 1 player at all times.

I had no problem trading with who ever I wanted, except they who was at war with me :-) my biggest problem is problem with the agression on the AI, both combate and development.
    Last edited by SandraDevilGirl; March 29, 2013 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VENNONETES View Post
    Darth, I don't see all bulldog's generals when I activate the option from the launcher For example I have the normal Otomo Sorin (not bulldog's one).
    Hey Vennos

I have to ask for help and few queastions As u say luncher in your post i asume you are not using the Steamwork mod version. Now I wonder in your game, can you see the new clan flags in Shogun 2 because i cannot?

About the bulldogs General, I do see them as i wrote this before in this thread i believe, "Tired" Is that i do see them in diplomaty when they sitt on there´s chairs And in the battle 3D land i see my Otoma Daymo balled and with a crusifix round he´s neck. BUT....

In a 3D land battle: The Daymo picture in the unit card he´s all WHITE color i dont see anything.

When playing on the strategi map and selecting my Daymo Army i get a simple vanilla General picture.
    Also when my Daymo army attack or being attacked by antoher army and you can examine your size - enemy size and what the diff betwin our units and u can do a quick save on that menu that appers.

What i do see is: The army pre deployment examine (still being on the strategi map as 2 armies class into each other ) The menu were all units are i see a wierd General picture, and in bottom center you are supposed to see the Leader representetive of the armies, a bigger picture ( Correct? ) I see a wierd Vanilla picture of the Daymo, a cow brown helmet lol. And the enemy is painted with those amazing beautiful General paintings and in the far left were all units are, u see the potrait of the general minimized ofc very beautiful as well.

This is what is happening for you also Vennos, thats what i asume i guess and i have reported it perhaps maybe 3 times allready hehe And even how i have installed the luncher start version mod on my computer, for searching for help and answers from anyone of you to help me out this to

Hope we can help each other on this Vennos, because i´m really no good on mods in Total War, but i understand the heavy work and complications of changes in theory how to work and that it might take toons of hours to get a thiny little thing perfect ( Just my personal imaginations and life experience´s ) But never zipped ofc up any kind of steam files to change anything, ohh no God forbidd me hehe, i live it to the proffesonals =^.^=

OK anyway mate, hope we can help each other and others whom might have the same wierd problem and search for a solution.

PS. I dont know at all, but i believe Darth is maybe on a trip, it´s easter after all hmmm.. So maybe being back next week?

BR AN.
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

My new FAN! =^.^=

Ohh, random game frezze ever 3-4 minuts also is a problem. Sometimes is drops to destop and I cant but it back up and sometimes I get "Shogun 2 has stopped working)

Any reason why my Oda Ashigaru using this colour, despite the faction colour being different?

Supporter of Facial Hair for extra Manliness.

(Edit post is lagging so im posting again)

This is the case with all factions unique units. They have their own colour. I use my own faction recolour mod, I removed all traces of ACC from my version, yet the unique units still have those terrible colours.
    Supporter of Facial Hair for extra Manliness.

Quote Originally Posted by Lichen View Post
    I don't have any boosters enabled.... The games diplomacy and trade rights are just sort of broken now. Anyone with any kind of strength is basically guaranteed to get trade rights with anyone who is not your enemy. Easier trade rights results in more allies and less enemies than before. The game is just too easy because your ability to acquire easier trade rights reduces the likelihood that people will declare war on you. This results in any decent player essentially fighting only 1 player at all times.
    Hi Lichen

" This is a copy that i wrote of Beta 10 version DMS2, i´m over 100 in turns now and everything is just going way better in 5.0 version now ( playing with the same save ) I also start a complete new fresh campaign and i have to say that i get the exact same feeling and game play

THE COPY:

Hi there i usely dont write this things, But dunno why others are getting such starting campaigns.

I´m playing as Otoma and are in turn 62 right now.

My Allias are: Sagara, Date, Chosobake.

Trades: Satomi, Sagara, Tsutsui, Date, Chosobake, Takaoka.

Enemies are: Ikko Ikki, Honmo, Hojo, Ouchi, Mori, hatano, and by misstake Tokugawa and Imagawa, because i wanted to take the last Trade nod in the upper right corner for IRON! Didnt bother to reload i just said sure let it be thats way, other ways i would have become traders with this two clans also

I have 7 Provinces, All trade nods on the map. Large armies and large fleets and 4-5 Nanban ships.

If the AI isnt doing to much blockades i do rechive betwin 3000 or 6000 every turn or summit.

So far for me everything is going pretty well and i enjoy this struggle. The only few bad parts i can think of i guess, are the CA latelast patch bugs that they havent fixed with the Sea units and the buged "cannons" on the Nanban ship . And ingame about that the other allias or trader partners should atleast help up some how to lift off the Trade blockades at there harbors or on the strings a bet more, thats would been more helpfull to gain much more money,

as it as happend that i become bankcrypt 2 times due to heavly blockades as the enemy using quite alot of boats, and so do i lol

Anything then that, Allias works Trade works for me, AI even asking me to become allias also paying me to become a trade partner.. Havent find out any bad parts of that in my campaign atleast.

Catch ya later cheers for great improvments, cant wait till the full release Darthy and the final minor tunnings and secrets and suprises that comes out in the end

Be well everyone, back to WAR!

BR AN.

"COPY ENDS"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I in no way saying to you or anyone whom might have the exact same experiances, in there campaigns that your settings or game play style is wrong or any kind of negative thinking or asumtions, not at all You can really be right and others to. And i agree that there might maybe be some kind of code string or summit that in hast was a bet miss changed or not 100% with other code changes!? I dont know it´s just a theory.

If my campaigns will be looking as yours i will ofc start to report my campaign errors here to as much as i can. So that those will vanish out hopply
    For me to gain trade rights was with money or married or Son hostage, attack a enemy in return. Gain new trade items and noods.. there was alot of negative replays from AI that didnt even wanted to accept anything, I just play very deep and try to gain a focus on wish one want what and who is in war with one another and such and slowly building up the allias and Trade´s But it took a long time till i had a good ballanced allias fronts and enough of trades to start to gain some money to tech up. And at the same time being in war with several clans on the sea and on land with awesome high teched units with good mix in each army.

I hope your next campaign will go better, or we sitt and wait for more reports and such and see what Darth will say once he return

BR AN.
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

My new FAN! =^.^=

For me major clans are to week at the beginning of game. Most of them are destroyed in few first turns. Shimazu is one of the weakest.
    Is there any change to give them a some boost?

Something new. Auto resolve castle attack is not good in my opinion. I press auto by mistake when i was assaulting some castle, and I had nice surprise. I was assaulting 3 x less of enemy units he lost about 700 men I lost about 100 soldiers. For me city assaulting should be more dangerous for the attacker.I should lost at least 300 men or more. When i will take a normal battle, probably I will lost 300 or even more soldiers. 100-200 soldiers I should lost when my men will climb on walls, 100-200 i should lost in combat, and probably about 100 mens I should lost by enemy archers.
    Is there any parameter in game which i can change to get for example 3 more losses when auto resolve assault city. Now its better to press auto resolve button to capture enemy city then make assault by my self. I will take a less losses.

I see one small problem, enemy armys seems to be suck at the edge of a shore line for many many turns.
    Last edited by SandraDevilGirl; March 31, 2013 at 04:28 PM.

And another small thing. In my 200 turn Satsuma campaign, I have hardly ever fought any battles. The enemy wait out to they surrender durring siege battles and when I attack ground forces, they flee even thought they have a larger army then me. I need to distract, harrad eller sabotahe almosy every army to be able to fight them.

"harrad eller sabotahe almosy" ?

I found the enemy fairly aggressive on very hard, but it's significantly easier for human than vanilla.
    My major complaint is the autoresulting for seiges is too easy.
    I believe that fixing this willl protect the major ai from quick death.
    Once the big guys are taken down, the little guys can't stand up to the few remaining big ones.

I found trade rights much easier to create and alliances actually persisted 20 turns into realm divide.
    I'm not sure that was intended.
    I agree with a poster above that the ai places a big priority on units over development.
    But I saw all the territorial development (gold mine, bowmaker) etc to be complete even before I had a chance.

I have few other complaints overall.
    Many of the vanilla problems are still around.
    My main grievance is that the AI will not stop war until you pay them between 15000-50000 koku.
    This is true even if you are sieging their last town.

Can you give them the common sense of basing war on enemy strength and/or alliances?

Great mod.
    Last edited by ellwoodis; March 31, 2013 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ellwoodis View Post
    "harrad eller sabotahe almosy" ?
    Was that to me?

Anyway, I do see tendency that the enemy fleet (when I attack) that they start in a formation then run(sail) to the edge of the map. Anyone els?