Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: DarthMod: Shogun II v5.0 Feedback

billydilly's Avatar Senator

Default Re: DarthMod: Shogun II v5.0 Feedback

Is the Steam version of DMS up to date? And is anyone working on the mod or is it 'complete'?
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

I am using the launcher version, version 5 finale. I am really annoyed the soldiers run so fast, I don't know why they almost run as fast as a horse. Everything else is just great, although there seems to be a massive focus on using ships, so many ships lol.

Hey Wintermist, The Horse and the fot soldiers, always had this wierd speed issius in any Total War game lol And i do agree with you, they are bloody speedos, like high stoned lemings line (Amiga Era), Especial when they running off the map help help help run for your life lol

BR AN.
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

" A faint breeze drifts in the air,
    Cautioning members with words of care.

"Cease this pointless toil and clammer,
    Lest you face the mighty Banhammer!"

And with that the breeze is gone,
    And all members let bygones be bygones."

My new FAN! =^.^=

Is there a compatible mod that balances the speed and make it realistic? When a horse can't harde get away from a bunch of soldiers carrying their gear and wearing their armour... either something is wrong with the horses, or they are on steroids.

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Hey, really embarrassing question to ask, but if I download the Darthmod, will I still be able to play online with people that don't have it installed? Wasn't sure if there was a special set up that he had made for that

(Don't judge me! I haven't played a TW since RTW until the last week)

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

=Vastator='s Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by therussian View Post
    Hey, really embarrassing question to ask, but if I download the Darthmod, will I still be able to play online with people that don't have it installed? Wasn't sure if there was a special set up that he had made for that

(Don't judge me! I haven't played a TW since RTW until the last week)
    You can't play MP with DM on, but you can easily and temporarily disable it and play MP.
    What DM version have you installed? The one with the launcher or the steam workshop one?
    Disclaimer: the post above is way way prealpha, the final version will be way better than this.

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

I haven't yet, I wanted to wait and see of I could before installing to. Which way would be easier?

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by therussian View Post
    I haven't yet, I wanted to wait and see of I could before installing to. Which way would be easier?
    Hi there, you can from any moment by the DMS2 luncher with a click, make it DMS2 and Vanilla at anytime you wish, And i heard that those who uses the exact same DMS2 version may and could play COOP together, Darth and others as suggested to then use exact the same settings before you start your Shogun 2 DMS2 game/settings.

So your answers, yes you can disable the mod into Vanilla at anytime you want and then turn the mod on again, and continiue to play your saved DMS2 campaign from were you stopped last time

BR AN.
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

My new FAN! =^.^=

I haven't read all the 14 pages of feedback, so I'm not sure if these have already been reported but here's some things I've noticed so far after playing a FOTS and S2 campaign:

-No changes in naval battles, the AI can't handle them at all, it's just ships going to the edge of the map. Boarding ships is still almost impossible and the coastal battles are a complete mess, especially in FOTS. I think it would finally be best to have the ability to revert the turn rates and ranges in naval battles to vanilla. I'd like to have them as they are in Darthmod, but alas the AI doesn't work with these settings. At least with vanilla movement they would still be playable. Just keep the other naval battle changes in. (For example ships not exploding so easily in FOTS, that was ridiculous in vanilla )

-The launcher version seems to somehow mess up the files, even after reverting to vanilla you can't play multiplayer once you've installed it. Had to do a reinstall and use only the workshop version to be able to play multiplayer again.

-In the naval battles bows still make a cannon noise even with the sound fix. (workshop version)

As a fan of naval battles (quite rare I think lol) I think the naval battle bug is the greatest "turnoff" in this otherwise great mod. It's been present for quite some time so I think it would be time just to accept the AI cannot handle it and roll back the changes that cause this. The only option at the moment is to autoresolve them.

Can't really think of anything else to critisize about this mod at the moment. Good work!

Well, it looks like the naval battle bug is nowadays present in the vanilla game too. (been for over a year without a fix) So I think there's nothing a mod can do.

Ps. Where's the edit button?

I have confirmed it with many other people who writes the same thing, and asked and hoped for answers on CAīs main forum about it: Take alook for your self incase you havent read it Because CA or any from that board have not confirmed that itīs not true or if they ever going to admit it or tell us customers/fans to fix there own breaking mechanic units and Freezed out AI in Sea Battles:

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...aval-AI-broken

And a smaller one i find about the NANBAN SHIP, musketers does not fire or regroup the old way of old Shogun 2 version, weather itīs Vanilla or DMS2 mod. And all 10 Cannons does not function after the first shoot they deliver on there broadside. Zoom in and experiment it for your self http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...th-namban-ship

BR AN.
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

My new FAN! =^.^=

Hmmm yes, something is definately up with Naval combat. Ship just stops and sit still. It's hopeless to try and board anything due to the agility of the ships.

the mirror to download doesnt work

at moddb home site? Have you checked if you are registered on that site? And did they answer with a popups, maybe just a maintaining short fix on there site... Sometimes it does happens, but should work 12<24 hours later.

BR AN.
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

My new FAN! =^.^=

http://www.vinterdimma.se/files/

Put them on my website for a little while.

thank you i could download it but i dont know why it doesnt work. I install the mod in shogun total war directory, then i copy the hotfix in data. Then i oppen the mod and i press darthmod default and then use the oficial shortcut to play. When i press the oficial shortcut it looks that the game goes, but after 10 seconds it comes back to the desktop. if in the mod i press the option disable to play vanilla it Works but without dartmod effects. Do you know what can happen? thanks

No idea :/ It should work just fine, it's the same file I installed it from... you sure the mod is ticked before you enter the game? you get a window with several mods in it, tick only one of the darthmod ones, usually the top one I think

yes the problem is that if a tick in one of the darthmod icon when i tick the normal sortcut of shogun 2 it starts and then come back to desktop. if i dont tick any mod i Works good but with no effects

Try installing it again, perhaps something got wrong. Sounds weird...

Very wierd, I installed it from day one, and each and every version acording to the readme file installation setup. And it still works till today. I am using the luncher version and not the steamw workshop...
    I can select any kind of submod ON or OFF, then press ok and close the DMS2 luncher and start my Shogun 2 from steam, and i will see the mod changes in my game

Why it does not work for you, i do believe the same as Wintermist that something went wrong there, either you installed it wrong some how? Or perhaps some files maybe are corupted, or you might have some other mods or files laying around and mixing them self up with DMS2. I dont know, just saying. Give it a one more time go and see how it works, and return to us and let us know what exactully happend GL!

BR AN.
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

My new FAN! =^.^=