Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: DarthMod: Shogun II v5.0 Feedback

Default DarthMod: Shogun II v5.0 Feedback

DarthMod: Shogun II v5.0 "Finale Edition"

If it was not your valuable feedback and your continuous support, this version would have never been available.
    This last mod proudly represents my final work for the Total War series.
    All DarthMods will be finalised and will not be updated anymore unless it is needed.

Darth Vader of TWCenter.Net

Special New in v5.0 (Finale Edition)

Units should no longer get stuck in fort doors (a bug that you have reported many times).

Read The Full Changelog.

A preview of the added mods

Many of you asked to add the following mods to DarthMod: Shogun II and now finally you have them!

Alternative Clan Colours by Demokritos

A must have mod for every player of Total War: Shogun 2.
    After the thorough research of Demokritos, the author, all units of Sengoku period have realistic uniform and banners colors.

"Vastator Unit Style 1.3" by =Vastator=

Just pay attention to these images. Do you see the difference?
    Soldiers have much more variety in appearance thanks to the magnificent touch of =Vastator=.
    All Sengoku period of every DLC have this careful design.

Noif's Mod Collection

These are promotional Images from Noif's mods that are included in DarthMod:

NOIF's Boshin War Mod (NoBWN) - HISTORICAL FLAGS, BANNERS & UNIFORMS
    Twcenter.net

NOIF's Modern Japan Army Mod
    Twcenter.net

Noif's Bows
    Twcenter.net

In a few words Noif offers you a complete visual pack for the Boshin period.

BullGod's Mod Collection

With the included "Daimyos & Generals MOD" you can see famous Sengoku period Generals with realistic appearances, like Takeda Shingen and Date Masamune above.

And also BullGod offers us an awesome unit variety for the Portugues Tercios. Indeed they look like real now.

More info about BullGod's mod below:
    Daimyos & Generals MOD
    Twcenter.net

The Portuguese terços Unit Variety Mod
    Twcenter.net

If you want to understand what awaits you, read Le Fred's illustrated stories of DarthMod Battles!

Download Info
    DarthMod: Shogun II has the following three "flavours":

1. The Full Launcher version includes everything!
    2. The SteamWork version has only the necessary and is always updated automatically. Ideal for Multiplayer and easy install.
      >>Subscribe<<
    3. The Minimal Pack includes only the gameplay files and a few submods. It must be installed manually per included instructions.
      >>Download Minimal Pack<<

Join DarthMod Official pages

DarthMod Twitter Page

DarthMod Facebook page

Default Re: DarthMod: Shogun II v5.0 Feedback

does the

Installation info as I guess this is not a full installer?
    Last edited by SandraDevilGirl; March 23, 2013 at 02:21 AM.

Delete please -.-
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

" A faint breeze drifts in the air,
    Cautioning members with words of care.

"Cease this pointless toil and clammer,
    Lest you face the mighty Banhammer!"

And with that the breeze is gone,
    And all members let bygones be bygones."

My new FAN! =^.^=

Quote Originally Posted by SandraDevilGirl View Post
    Installation info as I guess this is not a full installer?
    Hey Sandra, it´s the full version, why it´s small it´s due to some sub mods been changed, thats what Darthy said to me. But i havent been able to actully download the Start luncher DMS version yet so i cannot tell you how it looks like. Been trying since yes2day night. I will report as soon i find out what and hows things are working atm am total blind lol

EDIT: I still cannot download the Final version 5.0 All it says for me is " The file you have selected (DarthMod_Shogun_II_v50_FINALE_Edition.exe) is not available via any mirrors. Please check back shortly as our servers update every 5 minutes. "

But if i try to download another mod from MODDB like the BlitzKrieg mod to Company of Heroes then the mirrors work with out any problem, mmmmm... no idea what is going on here for me. Never been like that before.

I guess i have to sit and wait a bet longer

EDIT: I cant even DL lateast DME or DMN from MODDB and DMS either still... But others are playing and testing it... But i can DL other mods from MODDB, this scratches my head hmmmm

Well the time will tell, i have alot of patiances.

BR AN.
    Last edited by KERA_AK; March 23, 2013 at 03:46 PM.
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

My new FAN! =^.^=

Quote Originally Posted by KERA_AK View Post
    Hey Sandra, it´s the full version, why it´s small it´s due to some sub mods been changed, thats what Darthy said to me. But i havent been able to actully download the Start luncher DMS version yet so i cannot tell you how it looks like. Been trying since yes2day night. I will report as soon i find out what and hows things are working atm am total blind lol

EDIT: I still cannot download the Final version 5.0 All it says for me is " The file you have selected (DarthMod_Shogun_II_v50_FINALE_Edition.exe) is not available via any mirrors. Please check back shortly as our servers update every 5 minutes. "

But if i try to download another mod from MODDB like the BlitzKrieg mod to Company of Heroes then the mirrors work with out any problem, mmmmm... no idea what is going on here for me. Never been like that before.

I guess i have to sit and wait a bet longer

EDIT: I cant even DL lateast DME or DMN from MODDB and DMS either still... But others are playing and testing it... But i can DL other mods from MODDB, this scratches my head hmmmm

Well the time will tell, i have alot of patiances.

BR AN.
    Thanks! I will send you a link for the file soon

Delete this post please, again, this TWC is making me mad with there lags
    Last edited by KERA_AK; March 23, 2013 at 05:13 PM.
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

My new FAN! =^.^=

Thanks! I will send you a link for the file soon
    Awww a savior i see, thank you very much Sandra i will sit and wait on the spot!

BR AN.
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

My new FAN! =^.^=

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Awensome, I'm truly honored that you used my screens! +rep

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Quote Originally Posted by KERA_AK View Post
    Awww a savior i see, thank you very much Sandra i will sit and wait on the spot!

BR AN.
    Sent

Sent

Cheers Sandra DL now

BR AN.
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

My new FAN! =^.^=

Well, i installed it today and... It doesn't work. When i launch the game, it stays on the first screen (the one with the milesounds copyright and all) and doesn't go further. I have the french steam version of the game, and the mod worked until now.

Great mod! The only problem I've found so far is that the AAC mod doesn't seem to work for me. The Otomo clan doesn't have yellow banners on their backs and the Hojo clan doesn't have have red and black armor. It would be great if you could look into this.

Installed and played a quick Takeda vs Date battle. Great work. Battle AI worked very nicely. No problems on install.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Tank View Post
    Great mod! The only problem I've found so far is that the AAC mod doesn't seem to work for me. The Otomo clan doesn't have yellow banners on their backs.
    If I remember correctly, original ACC Otomo banners are in vanilla blue mon and white flag, it is in my made submod for ACC that It change Otomo banner from white-blue to yellow-black.

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Tank View Post
    Great mod! The only problem I've found so far is that the AAC mod doesn't seem to work for me. The Otomo clan doesn't have yellow banners on their backs and the Hojo clan doesn't have have red and black armor. It would be great if you could look into this.
    If Otomo doesn't have yellow banners, then ACC might be working; if Hojo has red and black armor, then ACC wouldn't be working.

In ACC, the Otomo banners are blue mon on white background, just as Noif is saying, but not blue and white like vanilla, different (darker) hues of blue and white.

In ACC, the colours for Hojo are steel blue gray armor with wine red details (much like seen on the pic which Darth provided above) and bluish gray clothing. I have not followed Danborg's illustration to the last detail in all cases.

Check my thread for the particulars.

Thanks for the credits, Darth.
    Last edited by Demokritos; March 24, 2013 at 05:21 AM.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

=HighXplosive='s Avatar Miles

Darth,

FOTS Light Infantry mass fire is missing from 5.0. Only the front ranks of Sharpshooters, Matchlock Kachi, Tosa Riflemen, Yugekitai, etc fire. I am using the launcher version.
    "The Sun never sets on the British Empire......because I have to keep restarting my campaign."

=HighXplosive='s Avatar Miles

Hmm. I agree with removing square as the AI never uses it.

However I strongly disagree with removing mass fire. You are saying that the AI never uses mass fire 'right'. Depending on your definition of 'right' insofar as the capabilities of AI are concerned I feel it's important note that the AI is so bad in this game it barely uses ANY unit 'right' for that matter (like throwing cavalry into spears or overlapping line infantry, charging swords at cavalry, the list goes on, etc).

The fact is the AI does use mass fire - any light infantry unit it uses will automatically use mass fire whether or not it uses loose formation. What it seems you are really saying is that the AI doesn't use light infantry correctly - which is true but as I've already pointed out it barely uses any other unit correctly.

Removing mass fire also impacts multiplayer campaigns. I play head to head with friends and my friends and I CAN use light infantry 'right'. This is where I think the discussion ought to be: in the absence of AI and in the hands of skilled players, light infantry without mass fire is now a force divider and not a force multiplier - a 'nerfed' unit if you want.

I don't think removing perfectly sound features on the basis of rubbish, predictable AI (and the AI has always been predictable and lame in the entire history of Total War) is a good reason. I hope you see my point of view.
    Last edited by =HighXplosive=; March 24, 2013 at 06:43 AM.
    "The Sun never sets on the British Empire......because I have to keep restarting my campaign."

Hi all, I haven't had a chance to test everything else yet, because I have one serious problem that needs immediate attention.

This mod more than doubles my unit support costs. I was playing a RoTS campaign, and went from a profit of over 1000, to a loss of almost 5000! This also happened with the previous version of the mod, and I'm not sure if it is intentional or not.

I started a new campaign and it's still the same - unit support costs are at least double.

I checked out the other included mods, I scanned the change log, and I couldn't find any mention of it, so I'm assuming it's a bug.

Is this normal? Anyone else with the same problem?

Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast