Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Feedback (READ FIRST POST)

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Feedback (READ FIRST POST)

Guys, the main problem I see here is that we're NOT getting the same BAI.
    I've never had the BAI not deploy arty. The "suicidical" cavalry charges as you name them, put a serious strain in my line and usually threaten my artillery.
    Also while some cavalry attack one side, other cavalry go for my flank. I've been reinforcing the ends of the line (or using cav there).
    The BAI advances in very nice lines usually, except when the terrain is tricky.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Szun's Avatar Miles

Darthmod 8.01

Some wierd stuff...

I play British n/n, spain offers me a alliance and selling gibraltar ..i take it
    a few years later france dows me and eventually conquers spain.
    I take spain from france and offer it to spain for naples...AI is insulted^^, i add 8000 and a tech to the deal spain wont take it...
    fine i think screw it and i keep spain.
    in the following turn spain troops coming from the french boarder march on madrid and attack me there..no DOW happens, i defeat them and i am still allied to spain?

it might be possible those troops were rebels that do not count as spanish? France had no troops in madrid when i took it...

Moderator Emeritus

Probably rebels.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

They were definitely rebels. And probably the reason why Spain did not accept the exchange is that the province was about to revolt (low public order). They seem to reject regions which are not pacified.

Well, for the first time since I've been playing the Late Campaign...and that goes back a long time... the British have just made an amphibious landing on the coast of France with a 3/4 stack army including some top tier units. This is an improvement to the CAI that I have not seen much of by anyone and certainly not by the Brits.

Vice's Avatar Biarchus

Ugh...Every time a start a campaign (no matter its 2 3 or 4 turns) My campaign will simply just stop working after 80ish turns. When I hit the end turn button the game will just sit there and never start any of the turns of the other nations...This has happen to me twice while playing as GB...The game is fine and perfect before that but its simply unplayable because of this after 80ish turns...Other then that I don't have many problems.

Icon10 Re: DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Feedback (READ FIRST POST)

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Guys, I see no problem with the BAI in custom or campaign.
    I am new poster to these forums, however, I have been a frequent visitor and a very appreciative fan of ALL OF DARTHMOD works.
    I felt I must add my two cents for whatever it is worth. I have logged close to 500 hours on Empire, most of that time I used one version or another of the DarthMod's.
    I recently switch from DM 7.0 to this version of 8.01. I almost didn't because of the all the comments about how bad the AI is, but I took the plunge and I am so glad I did.

I play on 40 minute BAI turns. My campaign AI is at very hard and the BA is at hard. I think the battles are GREAT. I don't see any sucide calvary charges, the AI uses artillery, infantry forms lines and responds to my manuevers.
    I don't see the infantry shuffle. I love the way the infantry reforms their units and come back at you. I notice that calvary has been toned down, so I can't just run rough shot over infantry as in the past. Early artillery is kind of weak as it is suppose to be. I read where another user said the seige battles were much improved and I agree! I honesty can tell you that in 7.0 I never was attacked where I need to defend a fort. I was always able to meet the AI on the field of battle and defeat him. I use to wonder why there was that "convert your general to a fortification" button. But now I can see the value. The siege battles are thrilling and the AI attacks intelligently. My point here is I am on the defense a whole lot more than I ever was. I am playing Spain and I am in a dog fight. I have lost Florida to the Cherokee, the Morocans have crossed into Spain and the Portuguese have march towards Madrid. Mind you that playing 7.0 I conquered the world as France on the settings of Hard/Hard and it was easy easy.

So to conclude, I find the latest version a great improvement over anything previous. I am sorry for those who are not experiencing a great game. But some of us are having a blast. However, I will agree that it is all in your expectations and state of mind. Does it bother me that every once in a while the AI does something stupid? Nope. I chalk it up to a incompetant general (History is full of them) and I don't care if countries behave dumb, I just deal with it (make up some story line and move on) and finally, I realize that this game was broken from the beginning and everything done so far has been a VAST improvement and I for one am happy to have this MOD and when it stops working due to an error of some sorts or stops being a challege I will quietly put the game away and remember all the great moments it gave me, because in the end it is just one game of hundreds I own that don't get enough playing time.

Does anybody know how to make the AI believe, that all battles are assault battles (were AI attacks).

weird i get a much worse AI when they are attacking. i can basically set up a D and walk away for an hour and i win if the AI attacks. but if AI defends they seem to put up a more punishing attack also could be i suck at attacking. but AI punishes me hard with howitzers on the attack. on defense I hardly notice them a lot of times they are out of range for quick lime and I dont march into range and they dont move the cannon.

Icon1 Re: DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Feedback (READ FIRST POST)

Quote Originally Posted by TotalWarBuff View Post
    Darth, very nice patch! I have been a fan of your work forever. But one flaw that I have seen, the Ottoman turn lag is even worse. I can't even get through a single turn now without Empire freezing. It is a true game breaker.... Hopefully you can get it fixed.
    Have a good day,
    TotalWarBuff
    Same problem. Till I saw in the submods of Dart a responce from a guy who did some research. He made a file called turn-lag-otteman. I edit that file. And no problems with late 4 turns. Very smooth and fast.

Quote Originally Posted by demostene View Post
    They were definitely rebels. And probably the reason why Spain did not accept the exchange is that the province was about to revolt (low public order). They seem to reject regions which are not pacified.
    This.

I've always played ETW being the one who balances powers against one another since it's too easy and not as fun to just outright conquer everyone and even with -1 unhappiness they'll refuse any and every offer. In such a situation given my play style, I find it easier to just give the province to them free as I often need the occupying army elsewhere more than I need the tech and money.

Another note: The AI will refuse any offer for a province if rebels are in it. You're stuck with it unless you wipe them out and offer again or let the rebs take the province, which ruins the provincial buildings in it that most factions are badly in need to building units from so it's no recommended.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Devlauri View Post
    I recently switch from DM 7.0 to this version of 8.01. I almost didn't because of the all the comments about how bad the AI is, but I took the plunge and I am so glad I did.

I play on 40 minute BAI turns. My campaign AI is at very hard and the BA is at hard. I think the battles are GREAT. I don't see any sucide calvary charges, the AI uses artillery, infantry forms lines and responds to my manuevers.
    I don't see the infantry shuffle. I love the way the infantry reforms their units and come back at you. I notice that calvary has been toned down, so I can't just run rough shot over infantry as in the past. Early artillery is kind of weak as it is suppose to be. I read where another user said the seige battles were much improved and I agree!
    I totally agree with you and I'm having the same experience.
    However those that voted for a bad BAI in the poll I made below (feel free to post there too!) aren't crazy. They've posted screenshots of problems they experience that I rarely see.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    I totally agree with you and I'm having the same experience.
    However those that voted for a bad BAI in the poll I made below (feel free to post there too!) aren't crazy. They've posted screenshots of problems they experience that I rarely see.
    yeap, i posted more then 20 pics in the beta testing thread. awful AI, never got better either. thing is, i haven seen ONE svreenshot with a good AI.

But how can we figure out what is causing this two sided experience for players? I even completely deleted the whole Empire and CA folders and reinstalled fresh, without a noticeable change for me.

in DME when playing Uprising campaing, you dont see where the starting regions for half the native american factions, also can you change it so that when you select a specific campaign in launcher, Empire or DME or uprising or whatever it also changes in the main screen like in your mod for Napoleon lol its not important i though it whould jsut be nice since i keep clicking the wrong campaign sometimes and causeing crashes lol

The only thing that I have to say is please fix the religion of Courland, it's a protestant nation, but you can only build catholic churges, so you can't do anything against religious unrest. It's a mistake in the original ETW I guess.

Further more, the campaign that you can play with all nation's unlocked in the America campaign doesn't work for me, it start loading and then just shuts down and go's back to the main menu.

Furthermore is het possible to unlock the emerging nations to play from the beginning, or do I have te run ETF2.0 besides Darthmod, I want to know if that's possible, or will it ruine the game? Before I start trying this myself and it go's wrong

Also it would be fun if you could do multiplayer campaign, not only battles, but I guess that won't be possible to mod and is something I should ask the total war ceators themself, it's just a deep wish that one day there will be a total war campaign multiplayer

Exclent work by the way, I'm enjoying it so far.

Moderator Emeritus

Actually the developers gave keys and all for multiplayer campaigns like a year ago.

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

Because i see you dont know.Multiplayer campaign keys distribution has restarted.I have already given an email and wait for the key.http://www.totalwar.com/en_us/empire-multiplayer/
    Seems C.A wants to rebring the multiplayer campaign as a game feature for etw.we will wait and see
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; June 02, 2013 at 10:39 AM.

Wow, nice for that info, that should be published more, I think there are many players out there who want a mp key.

I know i do also i love playing as The united provinces on N.N on 3 turns per year i am on turn 40 in save game but i have like 120 in real game lol and i am loving it