Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Feedback (READ FIRST POST)

Default Re: DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Feedback (READ FIRST POST)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Aggelos_GR View Post
    Post #116 has been reported.If you are bored to search im bored to answer you
    2 things about my campaign.I remind i play as russia vh/vh 4tpy with subs mods(causa,death anim,ntw effects,poland v2) on 1 more region for victory!
    Firstly about naval battles.Some times there is bad movement for BAI.they first ships of their formation turn vertically to the line astern formation and sitting there.All others ships form a queue and wait behind the first ships that stand there and recieve fire.I dont say they stand there for ever but they lose time before they decide to break the formation and turn.They are very late.In the pictures BAI has wind with their side they stand there instead of moving from the side and dont break the formation,although there was plenty of space to move in.Also they didnt use their bomb ketch well AT ALL.they send it first straight to us and of course it was lost.These kind of ships (bomb ketches/rocket ships) should be in the back of the array not first into suicide.
    Secondly about CAI look the picture AUstria is a superpower all right they declared war to me a couple of times,were defeated all times and have 10 armies standing in their ally poland.i disebark to netherlands to make a diversion and at the end of the turn they didnt seem to move an army to reenforce their WEAK west.I want to see what they will do.they have been standing there for many turns and dont move
    I don't really understand what you are saying I was only asking how large the mod is and only posted the question as I could not find it. Also I do not understand what you campaign has to do with a response unless it was something entirely different in which case you should probably make a separate post next time so it is easier to understand.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

why?This is dump at least they could attck me with all their army.
    I also find it annoying. I would actually prefer if the AI didn't help allies at all, than to have 3 mughal stacks of 30 units each guarding say Baluchistan when there are no enemies within 5 turns march from it, and when Mughals are down to 2 provinces because the Marathas conquered everything.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

The first priority should be given to their regions.As you can see from my pics they have gathered all their troops there.Its ok,i like them to helping their allies but not leaving their home regions to its mercy.PLUS they dont help by standing there.They could attack me we are enemies.Moreover the lag from his 16 stack standing armies is undescribable.I cannot move the mouse.My pc sucks but this is caused because of his big armies camped.General feeling after 100 turns is that AI becomes passive,and doesnt protect his regions.I will try to destroy them and end this campaign.I have nothing more to report
    PS
    Look at the second picture they move back instead of attcking me.picture 1 shows they have nothing in their western regions
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails a3.jpg   a1.jpg   a2.jpg  
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; April 19, 2013 at 08:46 AM.

1) with 20 minutes I don't find the BAI better. In fact it's worse.
    BAI usually send me one unit of cavalery in a suicide charge. Then a second. After that one unit of infantery, you can guess what is happening...
    And at the end a line, but since half of AI army is still routed, I win easily.
    I will continue my campaign to see what happens (I'm in turn 20).

2) Yes, CAI has a real problem with helping allies and letting its own regions undefended.
    My ally Hanover send two stacks in Brandenburg (I am playing with Prussia).
    Saxony attacks Hannover, siege its unique region. The two hannoverian stacks stay in Brandenburg. Saxony takes the region, end of Hannover...

Quote Originally Posted by Blackader View Post
    1) with 20 minutes I don't find the BAI better. In fact it's worse.
    BAI usually send me one unit of cavalery in a suicide charge. Then a second. After that one unit of infantery, you can guess what is happening...
    And at the end a line, but since half of AI army is still routed, I win easily.
    I will continue my campaign to see what happens (I'm in turn 20).
    How many battles have you played since you installed 8.0.1? (only land battles)

Moderator Emeritus

The first priority should be given to their regions.As you can see from my pics they have gathered all their troops there.Its ok,i like them to helping their allies but not leaving their home regions to its mercy.PLUS they dont help by standing there.They could attack me we are enemies.
    No need to see it. I've seen it plenty of times.

General feeling after 100 turns is that AI becomes passive,and doesnt protect his regions.
    I don't think it becomes passive after 100 turns. It's just that every easy target is conquered.
    Try this: Give ALL your regions but 3-4, to two factions that are next to each other and at war. Then disband most of your armies and navies. Hit end turn 5-6 times.
    I think you'll find out that the CAI will stop being passive.

I will try to destroy them and end this campaign.
    Suggestion: Make a Hybrid Startpos and pick another faction instead. You'll probably have the weird 20-turn behavior to deal with but perhaps it will be OK this time.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Game crashes on startup. reinstalled and it still crashes this happens all the time and I have no idea how to fix it

Quote Originally Posted by Krebskandidat View Post
    How many battles have you played since you installed 8.0.1? (only land battles)
    I don't know, 20 or 30 I think (it's my second Prussian campaign).
    BAI just doesn't form any line...
    But siege battles are better with 40 minutes time limit, I must admit.

Hm???
    Try this:
    1) Do 10 battles more and tell us, if BAI will change or not (I think I played about 40 battles and then AI changed).
    or
    2) Clear your User_script and add those 4 Mods in this order: wigs, terrain, death_animv11, and skybox.
    After this actions my BAI suddenly changed. Perhaps we'll find a solution, if the same thing will happen to you.

PS: or
    3) Let Steam run in the background, while you play Empire
    Last edited by Krebskandidat; April 22, 2013 at 02:02 AM.

n1njaloanthi's Avatar Foederatus

do not use large deployment zone, set time limit about 20min for land battle and BAI will get better. By the way, does anyone have a way to deal with native american early games? Playing as GB and having war with Huron, Iroquois, Cherokee. Those blasted natives can be invisible while they are attacking my troops >"<

bring at least 4 artillery. force them to fight you in the open, stay away from trees. i've had great success bringing 4 sakers, 5 regiment of horse, line infantry and a couple militias. use the militia to scout ahead and skirmish with natives and draw them out, also use them as fodder while you pull the rest of your line infantry away to reform and reload. have defeated 2500 natives with 200 casualties this way. if you can't get the right positioning on them, retreat. it helps when the thirteen colonies send a couple units to you that can distract the natives and buy time for you to setup or withdraw. also get ring bayonets asap

Can anybody help me?

At what point does it crash?

Trying to load any campaign. It gets about 10% in then stops and etw crashes

Have you verified the ETW cache recently?

Moderator Emeritus

Hm???
    Try this:
    1) Do 10 battles more and tell us, if BAI will change or not (I think I played about 40 battles and then AI changed).
    I don't think it has to do with the number of battles. I've played like 20 or so battles and they were all very good. I just don't play any battles in the first few turns.

PS: or
    3) Let Steam run in the background, while you play Empire
    I think it's a given that you should have steam running in the background while you play ETW. Not sure, but I think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by n1njaloanthi View Post
    do not use large deployment zone, set time limit about 20min for land battle and BAI will get better. <
    I use large deployment zone and use time limit of 60 mins for land battles. I think the unlimited is the problem.

Well, I had a better battle, with 40 min time limit, I think also that 20min or 40min doesn't make any difference.

The infantery behaved better, and the cavalery attacked my right flank cavalery, not the middle of my infantery line. But cavalery still charges alone, it remains a bit suicidal...

Edit: still suicide charges and inconsistent infantery moves (defensive squares without purpose!). I wish I had good battles, but at this moment (turn 44) BAI seems very weak nonetheless.
    Last edited by Blackader; April 25, 2013 at 03:13 PM.

Sorry for the double post, but here is my final report:

Even with 40min battle time limit, ans steam running in the background, BAI is broken for me.

I had a battle with 3000 Prussians against 2000 French and 5000 Wurtemberger. It was easy, way too easy...because BAI was worse than ever.

1) Cavalery made suicide charge after suicide charge, right in the center of my infantery line, after being shot by the half of my army.

2) Infantery rush into my lines, like in vanilla, and was easely shot again.

I had such horrible BAI with 20min time limit. So it insn't an affair of 20 or 40min, I think.
    And I have no submod. The submod that Krebskandidat has installed weren't installed by some other people who are reporting good BAI.

I didn't say that BAI is bad in this mod, because other people enjoyed very good battles. But for myself (and I am not the only one, apparently...), DM bring no improvement.

I will try to reinstall, clear all files, and see what is happening...

Icon9 Re: DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Feedback (READ FIRST POST)

Terrible news. BAI changed again. It's again lame!
    Cannons don't deploy, army retreat, cavalry on suicide mission.

I think I will deinstall 8.0 and go back to DM 7.0 (no Dagestan bug) as long as Darth will continue his work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013-04-26_00001.jpg   2013-04-26_00002.jpg  
    Last edited by Krebskandidat; April 26, 2013 at 02:59 PM.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Krebskandidat, try out my BAI settings and see if you get better behavior.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...E-Mod-settings