Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Feedback (READ FIRST POST)

Default Re: DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Feedback (READ FIRST POST)

Turn problem is just so bad! in year even in year 1721 i have to wait like 6-8 minutes for per turn. England Ottomans, Mughal empire, they all freezes the most. i think i go back playing vanilla because even the mods great i want to get later turns and i have dont want to wait 10 min for a turn...

n1njaloanthi's Avatar Foederatus

even if you play vanilla, you will still encounter this problem. This has nothing to do with darth. My first encounter with this lag is when i was playing as GB in vanilla

OMG what's with the horrible lag? The enemy attacked my fort and it lagged like crazy when I had 70+FPS.

Quote Originally Posted by n1njaloanthi View Post
    even if you play vanilla, you will still encounter this problem. This has nothing to do with darth. My first encounter with this lag is when i was playing as GB in vanilla
    aa Thanks then! i thinked it was from DM, and i was going to play with vanilla. thank you for reply

DME early/2t/world dom/M-M with modded Scripting.lua so GB/France/Spain get their colonies right away.

I must say the CAI is doing an excellent job. Normally they will only fight me, now every nation has an agenda of their own. I only encountered two things that seemed off.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The Dagestan bug is still there btw.
    After some time coalitions start to appear so I needed to pick my wars carefully to avoid getting raped by half of the world. Allies responded great during wars. I, as Austria was preparing and waiting for my heir to die, I knew Spain would declare war on me. It happened right on time because France & Spain were defeating GB.
    Last edited by Chagall; March 29, 2013 at 06:41 PM.

Vice's Avatar Biarchus

Just started a DME Early 3 turns per year campaign with Russia and I have not ran into any problems myself...No Dagestan bug or Ottoman Empire turn lag either...

Is there a way to put the 8.0 music back in the menus? I like SW music but it's quickly becoming boring.

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

Since there arent any good reviews lately I will post a summary of what i have seen so far in my RUSSIA campaign VH/VH 4tpy with subs 1.5 and other mods on.I have roughly played 50 turns
    CAI
    I believe there are balancing issues.Big nations like france,united provinces,maratha,poland get lost very early in the game.In my campaign, maratha lost in the first 10 turns mughals take over all india.United provinces defeated in the first 30 turns and france lost in the 40 first turns.so i am in 1712 and there is no maratha,no dutch no france. austria is dominating central europe making mega empires.The same maybe would have happened if england was not an island.Ottoman look very strong and would have taken over russia if its being controlled by ai.
    In my opinion big nations shouldnt lose so easily.This happens maybe because some ai nations blockade docks.This french port in havre is being raided all the time.This result in france nation not to have troops and being raided by land.maratha's port is blockaded from turn 1,they get bankrupt and eventually lose
    I would suggest putting some more ships and troops in starting major nations capitals so its more balanced ?
    Also more troops should be built in capital cities of big nations.I can take paris or london or madrid any time i want.They tend not to keep big armies in their capital.Maybe because they have many regions in america?Again i cannot accept France losing in 20 turns although france has many troops elsewhere but their capital.
    I have problem with ai trading regions they dont seem to accept,even if i am very friendly and military alliance.I was trying to sell a region i conqured finland that had swedish troops in it to many nations and none accepting.I was trying to trade a region for a region(equal) or of smaller value.i also tried to trade after having repaired all building in it nothing they wouldnt accept.
    Courland is a protectorate of Poland.Poland is destroed i am very friendly with them and have military alliance with them i couldnt make them i protectorate.Actually all these years i havent succeded in making an protectorate?Maybe its impossible in VH difficulty?

BAI
    i will divide battles in 2 categories.Battles that AI attacks you and battles AI is getting attacked by you
    AI ATTACKING
    When ai attacks battles is very good.I played 2 battles against ottomans they had me outnumbered.I was defending a hill and i painted the land with their blood!their movement was good no cav wasting,their artillery fired.They lacked only in massiveness.They didnt attack alltogether they hesitaded climbing the hill and engage me in hand to hand combat.They seemed to stop retreat and going forward.Look pics 1,2,3 from turks
    AI DEFENDING
    It has been unexpectedly improved since the first mess turns ai was not using anything when attcked(cav wasting,artillery idle).They seem to play slighlty better now.Although there are problems in defence.Ai has a problem in setting defence,this happens in both battle that ai has camped in map and seted defences and in battles is on the move and getting attacked.
    Cavalry wasting is still there.They seem to pull back and wait.If you try to attack a unit of them them they dont seem to help much.For example if you attck their general or deployed cannon defence they dont help.Secret in defence is that no unnessecary movement is needed.No change of lines if not needed.If ai must reenforce it should help with the cavalry and some near infantry units
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails prussia5.jpg   turk1.jpg   turk3.jpg   prussia7.jpg   turk2.jpg  

Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; March 30, 2013 at 09:56 AM.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

I've found and put a few hours in a campaign.
    CBelli on, continuing from a Hybrid Startpos I made in November where I played Persia and have established a very powerful Persian Empire and a quite powerful Morocco.

I play with Dagestan (Allied with Persia, have given them Egypt, Palestine and Greece as well as Moldavia). I've added a few units to the Dagestani roaster to make them more "Eastern" and less "European" faction.
    Hard Campaign/Normal battle.

Synopsis:
    - Autoresolve: It seems very realistic in normal circumstances. When you have from x1/2 to x2 of the other side, results are as they should be most of the time, with outliers that make things interesting. Things start getting convulted when you go to rare circumstances. When you attack 700 people with 8000 people, you shouldn't have 2K in losses. However the "normal" circumstances (x1/2 to x2) are so good that I would suggest to Darth to not mess with it. Just send 1500 of your troops to fight those 700 people and you'll be fine.
    -BAI defence: To me, it seems excellent. I haven't played since November though, so I may be rusty.
    -Siege: I was besieging Peloponesus. For some reason, the battle took place... in a fort, and not in a city. Is that a bug? As far as siege goes I was suprised by how well the BAI defended. It was miracusly good. I doupt if I would be as good in defence as the BAI.
    The BAI used simple and effective tactics. Nothing fancy. They had people in the walls till I bombarded the walls where they tried to remove them, got near the breaches to intercept by incoming infantry without getting shot to pieces waiting, nor getting out to be engulfed in a V I made outside the breach (as they did in the past), they sent out their cavalry to attack my infantry as they were in melee with the defenders of the breach and had people from the walls shooting me, when they saw that I wasn't bombing the walls any more.
    -CAI: No problems detected. Persia with their huge armies I left them with are streamrolling a formelly huge Austria (which is at war with me too). Russia proves to be more of a challenge for the Persians.
    -Diplomacy: No problems detected. I thought that after a terrible beating, I could persuade Austria for an easy peace, but they seem to realize that I have trouble holding the lands I took from them. I have 1 30 unit army on the field and I hold my cities with like 5 militias. Austria would have kicked my butt if I wasn't helped by the Persian forces.
    -Technology: I started at 1730, after 120 turns. So most nations are quite rich. HOWEVER, I managed to find an exploit: I buy tech at 2-3K and I sell it for 5-6K.
    Actually that's how I keep afloat: I broker technology to cover my expenses.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

maybe you shouls start a new campaign.Your save is from november and its not 100% sure it will so the 8.0.1 gameplay

Moderator Emeritus

The save is not from November. It's a new game. The startpos is from November and the startpos.esf haven't changed since September.Also a mention here: I'm not betatesting this time, I'm playing. As long as I have a good time, I'm fine. Yes, beta-testing is in my veins so I keep a couple of notes and try a couple of things, but I wouldn't play for 2 hours to see how a war would go if I'm full offense, load back and play it again in sensible defense...

Back in DMUC 7, full offense and letting provinces behind you rebel was a viable tactic. Now, with large armies by the AI and sensible attacks, it seems it wouldn't be as effective, but I'm not testing it.
    Back in November, before I made the Hybrid, I have left the Eastern half of the HRE in ruins. I was capturing a city, demolishing everything in the city and outside and moved on to burn the next country.
    Now, in this game, Austria took those back, started building them up... and lost them to Persia within 5-7 turns after hostilities started (I was using my one army to block the Austrian forces from reinforcing the regions).

EDIT: After the first few turns, the tech exploit ceased to work. I'm in serious financial trouble now.
    Also, have the unrest from conquest been reduced? I see only 20 unrest in Bavaria. With 30 units, it's very easy to hold regions now.
    Last edited by alhoon; March 30, 2013 at 03:52 PM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

*PLACEHOLDER*

as turns pass battles tend to be better.I dont know what changed.One pic from a battle a lonely reserve sitting back where it could help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails turk4.jpg  

Moderator Emeritus

I don't think anything changed, you were just unlucky in the first battles it seems.
    Anyways, I love the new autoresolve, but what I don't like is the multiple retreats of the enemy. The enemy should be allowed to retreat once, not thrice.

About the Classical Music mod... Has anyone noticed that, - during the battles -, it only plays The Last of the Mohicans soundtrack (and that annoying Indian music)? At least for me, it doesn't play Classical Music! If I remember well, before DarthMod Empire 8.0, it was played music like these two (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biemQDn36Qc and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6yuR8efotI) during battles, now they are so boring...

That’s why I disabled the BG Music. The battle music is far too much and far too loud. The best music in battle is drum and trumpet with foot troops marching sound and the detonation of gunpowder!

But in the campaign I miss the classic music. I hope anyone could make a light version of the BG Music that change only the campaign music.

I can barely hear the campaign music it's so quiet. It was only after several months I even realised there was any.

n1njaloanthi's Avatar Foederatus

playing as France on very hard. Invaded England on turn 4. Got my ass handed to me by AI at turn 15 (Austria and United Provinces). Thank you for your effort Darth and all members of the team

It has autoimproved definately.I play better battles but there are still issues.I post 5 pics from battles with super-nation in my campaign austria.
    Firstly about the siege battle,they attack llwo with a full army and one more reenforces them.I dont have many cannons just one horse artillery 3lbs and one howitzer artillery 12 lbs.I manage to destroy their first army they get killed with teriible loses.Their general engaged and killed and all of their troops retreat.Their artillery manages to break my walls.Just by this time their second army arrives.Some little forces move to me,dont enter the fort,and they get repelled.All of his other forces gather to their cannons area and stand there and do nothing.I definately prefer them to attack me in the fort with all they got!
    In the other land battle ai deploys very well although they have less forces.But some problems as you can see in pictures are 1)their cavalry approaches my lines recklessly and getting wasted(would have helped more if being kept back )2)one idle infantry reserve doesnt help at all( better if throw them all in battle!) 3)artillery moving again,i counted 3 changes in position.They had a wonderful position that was in range to fire at me, why limber and change position?this doesnt help them
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails austria4.jpg   austria1.jpg   austria2.jpg   austria3.jpg  

Hawkeye74's Avatar Tiro
    Based in Indonesia originally from Scotland East Coast

Hi Darth

I see the same problem here that existed in Napoleon in terms of the BAI.

On attack the ai is ok, and I mean that since he seems to know what he is doing, but the unit bump reflex causes the ai to crap itself and melee blob.

On defence, the ai has no brain, all it does is run straight at me without firing a shot.

On both counts, the ai unit run and run and run and run, there might be a lone unit that gets off a couple of volleys but that only because it hasn't been caught up with another unit and bump relfexed into my lines.

There is no attempt at formation on the part of the AI.

Apply the same principles you did with Nap and it'll solve these issues.

And I agree, the campaign map music is very low. And with regards to the in battle music, is there any chance you can take out the last of the mohicans' sex music, it really wrecks my dial?

Peace.
    Last edited by Hawkeye74; April 01, 2013 at 09:25 PM.
    Ships! I see no ships!