Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Reporting Bugs or Crashes (v3.0)

Default Re: Reporting Bugs or Crashes (v3.0)

Help! Have downloaded and installed both 2.0 Beta and 3.0 Patch to my RTw folder where my RTW.ALX is located. every time I click on the desktop shortcut to launch the game it freezes on the title screen. Ie lord of the rings total war in yellow with the creators names and bottom right corner "working version" it doesnT load to the next screen ie nvidia animation or creative assembly logo etc. I have to press enter to exit back to the desktop. Btw I also have the third age tw installed on my laptop and have had no problems loading and running the game.

There is one particular annoying bug on which i run into today.I start playing with Silvan elves (I am not familiar with Tolkien books expect Hobbit and LOTR trilogy and i read a few pages of unfinished tales but that's about it), and i conquered Amon Gasta without problem (i besieged city for two days and AI had surrendered) but after that each enemy encounter ended this way.They bring their battle ram up to my gate (defense is wooden pallisade) and they freeze,at the first i though thats an AI bug but when i tried to attack enemy (after waiting about 5 long minutes) my soldier didn't want to move like they are blocked by and invisible barrier in front of gate.I solved this problem by sending them to other gate and flanking enemy.Although i had greater casualties then it would be if i didn't have to do this and also i had luck because enemy army was small but i can easily see that can be a really huge problem if it was much larger army.To wrap this up,everything works fine until enemy AI brings their battle ram in front of gate in order to breach it and that's when it all bugs out.

I know there 50% of chance of the nazgul dying each turn if he haves the ring, but I already passed many turns and the nazgul still don't die! Also, how to make allies stop attacking you? They don't ever try to kill other enemies, especially The Southrons. It's quite hard when only Mouth of Sauron is your diplomat.

niko21's Avatar Civis

I am playing a Noldor campiang. (+130 turns) I got my first bug now. I fought a battle outside Isengard where Saruman was as reinforcing army. I got game message in battle telling I killed Saruman. However after several turns nothing has happened to Isengard. I suppose Isengard would die should saruman die.

edit: On turn 155 I captured Isengard. There was no Saruman inside. Even still their faction persist controlling most of eastern Rohan.

edit2: There seems to be bug with mumak corpses. My soldiers kept running to the corpse and bounced back trough the air. Same happened to routing easterling soldiers. Unitbar shows that those units are engaged in melee combat even that the mumak is already clearly dead. I or the easterlings didn't suffer any casualities tought from this phenomenom.
    Last edited by niko21; January 05, 2014 at 11:27 AM.

I have been out for vacations. Happy year to all!!

Quote Originally Posted by mrfatbard View Post
    When I beat the campaign it said keep playing or quit, I did keep playing and for some reason now all my units have been greatly reduced (goblin archers had like 120 now only have 15 goblins in a unit group) and the crashes when I try to do battles.
    I don't know the possible reason, sorry. I'll try to test it.

Quote Originally Posted by Puck Bond View Post
    Help! Have downloaded and installed both 2.0 Beta and 3.0 Patch to my RTw folder where my RTW.ALX is located. every time I click on the desktop shortcut to launch the game it freezes on the title screen. Ie lord of the rings total war in yellow with the creators names and bottom right corner "working version" it doesnT load to the next screen ie nvidia animation or creative assembly logo etc. I have to press enter to exit back to the desktop. Btw I also have the third age tw installed on my laptop and have had no problems loading and running the game.
    Try to create your own sortcut:
    1. Once installed, right-click and drag your RomeTW-ALX.exe to the desktop and Create Shorcut
    2. Right-click on the new short-cut and choose Properties
    3. In the "Target" window in properties, ADD this line at the end: -mod:alexander/lotrtw so the line may look like this:

"Crogram Files\Actision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-ALX.exe" -mod:alexander/lotrtw

note that it may not look exactly as that. DO NOT CHANGE OR DELETE ANYTHING BETWEEN THE QUOTATION MARKS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Senteliks View Post
    There is one particular annoying bug on which i run into today.I start playing with Silvan elves (I am not familiar with Tolkien books expect Hobbit and LOTR trilogy and i read a few pages of unfinished tales but that's about it), and i conquered Amon Gasta without problem (i besieged city for two days and AI had surrendered) but after that each enemy encounter ended this way.They bring their battle ram up to my gate (defense is wooden pallisade) and they freeze,at the first i though thats an AI bug but when i tried to attack enemy (after waiting about 5 long minutes) my soldier didn't want to move like they are blocked by and invisible barrier in front of gate.I solved this problem by sending them to other gate and flanking enemy.Although i had greater casualties then it would be if i didn't have to do this and also i had luck because enemy army was small but i can easily see that can be a really huge problem if it was much larger army.To wrap this up,everything works fine until enemy AI brings their battle ram in front of gate in order to breach it and that's when it all bugs out.
    Sounds like a bug in the wall model of the elven settlements. Please, tell me if you installed the latest mini-patch 3.02, where we tried to fix some related problems.

Quote Originally Posted by john_peter View Post
    I know there 50% of chance of the nazgul dying each turn if he haves the ring, but I already passed many turns and the nazgul still don't die! Also, how to make allies stop attacking you? They don't ever try to kill other enemies, especially The Southrons. It's quite hard when only Mouth of Sauron is your diplomat.
    The Nazguls are automatically killed if they are controlled by the AI because AI do not know how to give the One Ring to Sauron. If you control the nazgul, you just need to move it to the same city where it is Sauron, and drag and drop the One ring from the nazgul to Sauron, as all other ancilleries/items.

The best way to force allies to stop attacking you is to force a protectorate.
    There is script available to force the AI to accept any offer from your Diplomat, very useful to keep the alliances close to the lore.
    When in diplomatic scroll, click question mark (help button), click advisor portrait, and then click show me how button.
    Then they will accept any offer you made.
    Quote Originally Posted by niko21 View Post
    I am playing a Noldor campiang. (+130 turns) I got my first bug now. I fought a battle outside Isengard where Saruman was as reinforcing army. I got game message in battle telling I killed Saruman. However after several turns nothing has happened to Isengard. I suppose Isengard would die should saruman die.

edit: On turn 155 I captured Isengard. There was no Saruman inside. Even still their faction persist controlling most of eastern Rohan.

edit2: There seems to be bug with mumak corpses. My soldiers kept running to the corpse and bounced back trough the air. Same happened to routing easterling soldiers. Unitbar shows that those units are engaged in melee combat even that the mumak is already clearly dead. I or the easterlings didn't suffer any casualities tought from this phenomenom.
    At the end, it was not possible to get working the script that destroys the faction when the leader is killed. It seems a hardcoded feature from AlexTW that only works for alexander the great.

The bug about mumak corpses is realted to the huge dimensions of the mount. We already adjusted it the best we could, taking into account the visual aspect, the chances to hit them in melee combat, the chances to reach them by projectiles, and the annoyances caused by the dead bodies.

niko21's Avatar Civis

These factions depend on their leader's survival to exist:
    - Mordor with Sauron
    - Isengard with Saruman

Both leaders are immobile until they capture the One Ring. And the death of any of them would result in the defeat of their faction.
    Perhaps this should be changed then?

You are right, I forgot to remove this text when we noticed it was not working.

I would like to know how can I increase unit size even greater than what can be done with settings
    When unit size is set to Huge, then the largest units (set to 60 in file export_descr_unit.txt) will appear with the max size allowed (240 soldiers).
    You may change the file export_descr_unit.txt to force other units to reach this number of soldiers, but it would affect a lot the game balance.

Thanks, but there are a small problem, I lost the ring xD And how to drag and drop the One Ring? Thanks for the answer anyways!

Sorry for double post, but I can't find any edit button, but now I know how to drag and drop the One Ring and I started a new campaign, thanks!

niko21's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    When unit size is set to Huge, then the largest units (set to 60 in file export_descr_unit.txt) will appear with the max size allowed (240 soldiers).
    You may change the file export_descr_unit.txt to force other units to reach this number of soldiers, but it would affect a lot the game balance.
    So the engine doesn't support any larger units than 240 men per unit? Shame then. Thanks for answer anyway.

I have been out for vacations. Happy year to all!!

Sounds like a bug in the wall model of the elven settlements. Please, tell me if you installed the latest mini-patch 3.02, where we tried to fix some related problems.
    Yes i did but since i haven't try to play for a week or so and i also might have deleted save because i got angry i am not sure if that glitch still occurs.Although i definetely had 3.02 back then when i reported.

Thank you for the info Senteliks. I'm afraid it is a new bug then.

Is there any particular reason/purpose why Mordor generals tend to appear as Nazgul?
    I searched the DMB and also found that there is no 'officer' entry for Mordor faction.
    Was this on purpose to serve a particular need or just an oversight?

Thanks!

Edit: Ah, nevermind, I figured it out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mordor General.jpg  
    Last edited by CapnDan; January 26, 2014 at 10:08 PM.

Hello!For some reason my LOTR (latest version 3.0 and 3.2),when I am starting an campaign(all races)it freeze when the loading bar is full and in the end it crash!Not even historical or custom games work,they are doing the same!I want to say that I've tried everything about deleting corrupt advice blah blah ,music thing ....don't work!2.8 work's for me(YES I use 2.0 with 3.0 ....even with 3.2 it freeze!)I have XP(I don't have it in C/ or in my documents or program files...I have Rome total war in D/.Please help me! (I want to play this so bad )

Also I have Barbarian Invasion too...can this expansion makes version 3.0(and 3.2)freeze and then crash?:O

Quote Originally Posted by MrFunnyDude View Post
    Also I have Barbarian Invasion too...can this expansion makes version 3.0(and 3.2)freeze and then crash?:O
    Do you have the Alexander expansion for RTW? It is required for this mod

Quote Originally Posted by CapnDan View Post
    Do you have the Alexander expansion for RTW? It is required for this mod
    Yes, because other way THE 2.8 version would not work for me -_-Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by MrFunnyDude View Post
    Barbarian Invasion should not affect ay all. But I suggest to check that you installed the mod over a clean installation. If you install the v3.0x in the same folder where v2.0x was installed, there will be remaining files that could cause crashes.
    The reson is that lotrtw uninstaller do not remove some temporary files created by the game after the installation.

If you installed over fresh copy, then we have to find other causes. I'd suggest to try re-installing it all, just in case.

Hey there! I have to congratulate for the mod first of all! =)
    I have had very few crashes as of yet! 30 turns in the game with Rohan. The only CTDs were after long battles, when the Dunlendings besieged Orthanc that I had just conquered from Isengard (that survived without Saruman) and with random game freezes. The one in Orthanc happened when I zoomed out a lot with the aid of the tower, but I couldn't recreate it. It also turned all te writings to black lines...

Also, at times the script wouldn't load. And during one of those times Gondor started attacking me. Coincidence?

And I have some behavioural problems, but I'll write it in the other topic!

Great work! Keep it up! =)

Barbarian Invasion should not affect ay all. But I suggest to check that you installed the mod over a clean installation. If you install the v3.0x in the same folder where v2.0x was installed, there will be remaining files that could cause crashes.
    The reson is that lotrtw uninstaller do not remove some temporary files created by the game after the installation.

If you installed over fresh copy, then we have to find other causes. I'd suggest to try re-installing it all, just in case.
    Yes,installed and reinstalled thousands of times over a fresh copy,but still don't work