Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD PROPOSAL]ORBIS NON SUFFICIT (with screenshots!)

Default [SUBMOD PROPOSAL]ORBIS NON SUFFICIT (with screenshots!)

The Thirty Years war is undoubtly one of the most important wars in History and decisive for the understanding of whole Modern History, the greatest european principalities and realms fought over for supremacy in the bloody fields of Germany... Now thanks to the wonderful team of Infracta we can recreate and re-play the war through a miriad of events and battles, as the White Mountain or Lützen. However I think even in the best of the works there's field for improvement and modification, and I think spanish faction is an example. After asking permission (Thanks Mongutiacum!) I decided to propose a submod:
    "ORBIS NON SUFFICIT"

Objetives: Modificating the whole mod, trying to achieve the outmost historical accuracy in many fields, for example trying to bring in-game the many Thirty Years War's character's personalities.

TEAM:
    -Maximicus (script, codding, a bit of moddeling)
    -Oznerol (codding and 2D-art)

DONE:
    -Archduke Albert, Hendrick van der Bergh and Johann van Nassau-Sieguen added to spanish faction.
    -The cities incorrectly possesion of austrian Habsburgs given to their proper owners, Utretch Union.
    -All the spanish faction generals have been customized, with proper traits showcasing their military career and real traits, one even has special and unique ancs (Archduke Albert).
    -Capital changed to Luxembourg, untill I manage to make Brussels a city on its own.
    -New Ancillaries implemented: Muscovite ambassador, Rubens, Isabella Clara Eugenia, dutch merchant, jesuit, organ, Frans Hals.
    -Added Aytona, Roose will be an ancillary.
    -New more fitting family tree, now Albert is the FL, cardinal-infante is the heir.
    -Added the two infantes, brothers to Philip IV, both are older than reality because modding and gaming pourposes! If not they could not be given custom portraits and traits!. Ferdinand comes with a custom trait "Cardenal-Infante" and a custom anc "Archbishop of Toledo" (the title has asociated 400.000 florins per year so it will grant a trade and tax bonus, representing the aditional income).
    -Edited Mainz faction, it's archbishop and heir have get proper traits, even custom ones!
    -Edited Koln Archbishop's traits.
    -Edited Polish starting characters, for example their generals get proper polish portraits! The king and the prince heir get revamped, with even custom traits. This factions characters, even their best generals historically, were pretty plain and useless. That has changed.
    -Edited Prussia's starting characters and added two local dinasties: Mecklenburg and Courland!
    -Edited Saxony's characters and added a local dinasty: Duchy of Pommerania!
    -Edited France's characters!
    -Special traits (biographical, like the one Richelieu has) for Spinola, Archduke Albert.
    -Adding italian, german, dutch, french and portuguese names to the spanish faction, as a show of their cultural and ethnic heterogeneity.

TO DO:
    -Make Brussels a city, with unique building (Grote Mark or Koudenberg palace).
    -Add Rubenshuis to Antwerpen.
    -Add more ancillaries (For inmersion), trying to represent the flemish european society of early XVIIth century.
    -Ottoman invasions in souther Poland, to bring more difficulty to Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth.
    -Implement new scripts as "under age heirs" by Maximicus!
    -¿New units?

As you see at least an initial release it is not too far away, more than ever thanks to Gigantus and his late-game dreaded save-game error fix!

Showcase
    screenshots:

-Duke Albert of Prussia with traits showing his mental disability and madness.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

-Johann Georg has also received proper traits, refering to his harshness and his afiction to drink.

-Example of one of three local dinasties implemented in two major factions, in this case Courland, which joins Prussia by marriage of his duke.

-French characters have get proper traits which showcase their personality and career, for example the king himself, Louis.

-A proper heir to Mainz, with custom traits (hunter of heretics and enemy of heretics, which also have the Mainz Archbishop and Koln archbishop)

-Custom trait for Mainz Archbishop:

-Another example of french edits, Richelieu which has get many proper and accurate traits (like deep pockets, or genious).

-Duchy of Mecklenburg also joins Prussia! Thanks to the intelligent marriage politics of the deceased duke.

-Polish prince and king receive completly new traits (even custom!) and portraits, including young and old, as many characters, like Cardinal-Infante Ferdinand or Louis XIII.

-Character added, Hendrick van der Bergh

-Archduke Albert added to spannish faction (he's in Brussels), with proper traits and specific ancillaries, and also faction leader.

-Example of new ancillaries (moscovite ambassador and Netherlands' merchant)

-Cities and forts to their rightful owners, the dutch, including Bergen op Zoom and Breda, now the north of the Escalda it at rebel's hands:

-Francisco de Moncada, marquis of Aytona:

-Cardinal-infante Ferdinand (heir; gobernador de armas) and infante Carlos, both with Velazquez' portraits, but Ferdinand has an older portait, painted by Rubens. Ferdinand will have an unique anc (at least);"Archbishop of Toledo", an office's ancillary:

Hope you'll like it, and excuse me if there are grammar or lexic mistakes, all needs polishing. Critics and suggestions welcomed and needed.

Regards
    Last edited by Oznerol; May 19, 2013 at 06:08 AM.

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

Default Re: [SUBMOD PROPOSAL]ORBIS NON SUFFICIT (with screenshots!)

This seems cool. Spanish love!

I'm very ecxited, i like submods (did one for TA, great fun).

hyretic's Avatar Decanus

Nice and needed project.

As suggestions, firstly come to mind to change the capital. Best candidate would be Brussels, as city, (currently a fort), also very important Antwerp (that I would represent as the biggest city of the time -at least historically it was in times of Philiph the Second- as commercian node of word economy in that time, this trying not to unbalance too much the gameplay), and Brügge. All these difficult question because of the gameplay features.

The spanish road its well represented currently but may be I would add cobbed roads from the beggining in some areas. But not very sure about this, may be not accurate enough and very wrong idea for gameplay too.

Probably you know it but a great and simple source for research is the recent book of Carlos de la Rocha by Sátrapa Ediciones, The Army of Alsace, spanish intervention in the upper Rhin (1633-34).

Grettings, Saludos.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Looking forward to this

Quote Originally Posted by Maximicus View Post
    This seems cool. Spanish love!
    So I though!

Quote Originally Posted by Monguntiacum View Post
    I'm very ecxited, i like submods (did one for TA, great fun).
    So I do Monguntiacum!
    Quote Originally Posted by hyretic View Post
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Berg-i-dum View Post
    Nice and needed project.

As suggestions, firstly come to mind to change the capital. Best candidate would be Brussels, as city, (currently a fort), also very important Antwerp (that I would represent as the biggest city of the time -at least historically it was in times of Philiph the Second- as commercian node of word economy in that time, this trying not to unbalance too much the gameplay), and Brügge. All these difficult question because of the gameplay features.

The spanish road its well represented currently but may be I would add cobbed roads from the beggining in some areas. But not very sure about this, may be not accurate enough and very wrong idea for gameplay too.

Probably you know it but a great and simple source for research is the recent book of Carlos de la Rocha by Sátrapa Ediciones, The Army of Alsace, spanish intervention in the upper Rhin (1633-34).

Grettings, Saludos.
    Yes I also plan to change the capital, I would love to put Brusels in-game as capital, but this is problematic as I don't know how to edit the map, but I may have a solution, I'll see. If not, Antwerpen would suffice. I have many references avalaible, like "The Spanish Road and the Flanders Army", "Spain and the dutch revolt" both by Geoffrey Parker and many more, like one who focus in Flanders under Philip IV or other about the United Provinces in the same period. Don't worry about historical accuracy, I'll try my best.

Saludos

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Looking forward to this
    Thanks a lot!

Now I only lack a banner image!

And I'm thinking in wipping out the spanish family tree and creating a hidden one to represent the succession of the different governors, also I don't kinda like to have Philip IV in game, in the Low Countries.

Regards!

Ps:More screenies soon!

Really Nice . Looking Forward to this. Long Live the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth and Spanish Habsburg Empire ! .

Added DONE/TO DO, list to OP, shows the progress, I think, as it's a small submod, it could be finished soon.

Regards

This submod looks really promising, such an interesting period for the declining spanish empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Oznerol View Post
    Yes I also plan to change the capital, I would love to put Brusels in-game as capital, but this is problematic as I don't know how to edit the map, but I may have a solution, I'll see. If not, Antwerpen would suffice. I have many references avalaible, like "The Spanish Road and the Flanders Army", "Spain and the dutch revolt" both by Geoffrey Parker and many more, like one who focus in Flanders under Philip IV or other about the United Provinces in the same period. Don't worry about historical accuracy, I'll try my best.

Saludos
    I know, I saw fast you were well informed mate, still I quoted that book since it is very focused in military, generals, operations, army movements and detailed maps, battles, summing up walfare in general what is the main character of these wargames; the same case of the books about the Tercios "From Pavía to Rocroi" by Albi de la Cuesta, (a must read for the question).

But I am sure you have more than enough too in the Geoffrey Parker books for example, still when to be honest I don't like him too much since he is more focused in general politics (and with an imperial-european politics focused view too magnified and suitable for criticism).

The things you are showing until now are fantastic, specially the new traits (very very nice) and characters. Even I would go further and may be modify the faction leaders to put just the archiduk, but may be not contemporary enough and it is cool to have the king there too. Luxemburg as capital is not a bad choice. Anyway it is a shame the problems with Brussels since it is the most clear option.

Saludos and all support in your needed submod.

Excelent idea! Thanks for this submod and good luck! Plus Ultra!!!!!

I want to ask. How can I rewrite the names of cities, the emergence of Stockholm, Copenhagen, etc.? Thanks jinak.New submode is awesome, perhaps a small number of soldiers in units?

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

if you left click on the name of the city in your building browser you can change the city's name, just backspace out what's there and replace it , alternatively you can change the cities name on capture via script

Quote Originally Posted by knight of meh View Post
    if you left click on the name of the city in your building browser you can change the city's name, just backspace out what's there and replace it , alternatively you can change the cities name on capture via script
    This only works with "real cities", though, meaning the region capitals, not the stone forts, which would have to be renamed, I believe, through descr_strat after adding the new names to the names text file. Not save game compatible, either.

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

i keep forgetting about the forts
    this is the txt file you want

\Medieval II Total War\mods\1648_2\data\text\imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Changing names of region capitals = imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt
    Changing names of minor cities = descr_names, aztecs female section
    Changing names after change of ownership = see script of americas campaign:

Code:
        ;;; Spain captures Tenochtitlan
        monitor_conditions I_SettlementOwner Tenochtitlan = spain

change_settlement_name Tenochtitlan Mexico

end_monitor
    original name
    new name

The new name has to be in expanded.txt

I also would delete the spannish family tree, making Albert and Isabella the faction leaders, but I'll put cardinal-infant Ferdinand as both heirs, to show the succession in the Low Countries governorship, unfortunately to have Isabella as character would require lot of work and would not be perfect.
    I had heard about the first book you mentioned, but not the later, I may look for it. Today I'll work on spannish family tree, I'll also work on ancs!

Regards/Saludos

I think Isabella would probably be best as a combination of wife and ancillary and/or trait for Albert. He could have "co-ruler" as a trait, too. I don't think you could make her an actual character, and even if you did, not a co-faction leader.

So I think Maximicus, I'll leave the wife-trait combination.
    I need help now, read the last update and open the last spoiler, I'm clueless to how resolve this, I think it is a more fitting family tree, but I don't know how to change faction's leader title!

Regards

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast