Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: FAQ

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: FAQ

If I am a Protestant faction and I build a synagogue (which has the text "Culture conversion bonus 1%"), will that increase Protestantism or Jewishness in my city?
    Jewishness
    I beat a Catholic League army but its general escaped (all his bodyguards died, and so did most of his soldiers, maybe 5 escaped). However, the general still died on the campaign map (after the battle, he said "Aaagh!" and fell face first). How come he didn't survive, the way generals do in every other mod? What did you change to make that happen?
    Did you just play a re-enactment battle? The surviving generals get killed at the start of the next round as most of the time they are duplicates of the faction's heroes (Tilly, der tolle Halberstaedter)
    How did you make the shrouded map not update? For example, in other mods, if you exchange maps with a faction, you can see where its cities are. If you are allied with that faction, when you click on one of its cities it will say "Allied city", even if you have no units near it to see it. If someone else conquers it, when you put your pointer over it, it will say "Allied city", but when you double click it, it will say "Neutral city". In this mod, there is an an allied city nearby, but even though I can't see it, I know it was conquered because the border changed colour. However, when I clicked on it it still said "Allied city". That is a good feature, which forces you to send agents to keep an eye on events. How did you pull it off?
    We did not change anything, some faction colors however appear as being translucent, notably black ones, giving the impression the area has not been discovered. When you exchange maps with a faction then you will get the map as it is at that moment - it will not automatically update, never has. If you can see a border changing color then that is due to you lifting the fog of war in that section - to change the region color in your mini map you will have to 'see' the city as well. Nothing has changed where the map revealing is concerned.
    Aren't 60 regions required in order to win a lot? You would have to squish some of your own allies to get that many.
    That could be adjusted, even half that number is still quite some task. And we do have some victory movies to watch, not just the simple 'you have won' message with a pic.
    Edit: adjusted to 35, short campaign to 20 (Austria here to 25 as starting number is 17)

Changes in EDU - Monti has worked on the file and changed a few things, it may be better to wait for the patch before modifying your self:
    • - Increased unit size
    • - Reduce effectiveness of some missile units
    • - Increased Range of cannons
    Last edited by Gigantus; March 20, 2013 at 12:31 AM.

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

I haven't played version 1 (because of language) and I'd like to know what are main differences between versions 1.0 and 2.0. Can anyone bring some summary into FAQ?

Den Stark's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Hanti View Post
    I haven't played version 1 (because of language) and I'd like to know what are main differences between versions 1.0 and 2.0. Can anyone bring some summary into FAQ?
    I too would be very grateful for that

Blog Entries

In a nutshell:

• Obviously it's now in English
    • Battle AI has been tweaked
    • Spawning factions were made playable
    • Spanish Habsburg became a separate (playable) faction
    • Some re-arrangement of region ownership
    • A multitude of mercenaries now
    • Nearly every regiment has it's own flag
    • Economy got reworked (no more money flood)
    • Countless little corrections and tweaks

Blog Entries

In a nutshell (what I can remember without digging through records):

• Obviously it's now in English
    • Battle AI has been tweaked
    • Spawning factions were made playable
    • Spanish Habsburg became a separate (playable) faction
    • Some re-arrangement of region ownership
    • A multitude of mercenaries now
    • Nearly every regiment has it's own flag
    • Economy got reworked (no more money flood)
    • Countless little corrections and tweaks

Don't forget that the walls have gone from vanilla walls with triple thick sections on each side to the beautiful new historically accurate star forts.

If it increases Jewishness, why would I want to build it? It will allow something good?

No, it was a regular battle. The guy was coming over my lands and I attacked him. There were no messages about a special battle.

I was mistaken about the shrouded map. It's the same as in all the other mods. I was fooled by the weird region boundaries of some places. I thought a certain city had been conquered, but in fact it had been another city with a gerrymandered region.

What do "Religious Unrest" pop-ups do? If you don't pay, rebels appear but the region's religion level also drops? How long will it drop for?

Logios's Avatar Senator

Hey there
    I hope this is where you want observations, comments and such things.
    This is an absolutely awesome mod. I dl it 3 days ago and I am quite impressed.
    Being the uncurable Danocentric, I started playing as Denmark, and I was positively surprised that all the forts were named after Danish towns and placed correctly on the map.
    I was however a bit disappointed in the fact that no starting fleet were given to Denmark, and no means for building one exists at the start. This is highly ahistorical, as Denmark always had a pretty strong navy during the entire rennaissance, so why would it suddenly be disbanded in 1618 with no facilities present to build new ships on? It also leads to the question about how the generals and garrisons had traveled to all these islands they are now trapped on.
    The starting army is perhaps a bit strong considering that Denmark relied mostly on mercenairies and pressed levies (who were disbanded after most campaigns) in that period rather than a standing army. This is maybe why we lost so many wars.
    The command shouts of the units seems correct in the battles, but Denmark has been given an "England" narrative voice for some reason.

Hmm, it seems the religion drop was caused by me building a School which converts people to Humanistic.

Also, that general died right after the battle, not at the beginning of the next turn.

Question about cavalery: why are Kürrasieren so weak? Not the stats, but in game. If you look at their range attack, they should be incredibly strong: 16 for range attack!
    But in game, the range attack don't bring much, killing just few peoples, even not armored.
    I tried a custom battle, and in fact a general unit (with 1 as range attack) did the half of the kills of a Kürrasier unit. Considering that a general unit has nealry the half of the men of a cavalery unit, I wonder if something isn't bugged...

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    If it increases Jewishness, why would I want to build it? It will allow something good?
    its the first building of a jewish tree. if you settle jews in your region and allow them to celebrate their religion, you can build more buildings increasing economy (jews were very innovative and diligent, a lots of german scientists, merchants and artists were jews.)

Blog Entries

Patch 1 has been released - for more details and download link see here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Patch 1 has been released - for more details and download link see here.
    I Suppose is not save-game compatible right.

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

some parts are some aren't .. a new campaign is recommended i think

Quote Originally Posted by knight of meh View Post
    some parts are some aren't .. a new campaign is recommended i think
    Ill will download it when I finish eliminating Prussia in my current campaign don't want to stop now .

does this mod require kingdoms? If yes what version?

Quote Originally Posted by isaiah113 View Post
    does this mod require kingdoms? If yes what version?
    Yes, it's a Kingdoms mod, running the latest version, 1.5.

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

the address you took to get here not sure if you can get away with an un-patched kingdoms best make it 1.5 it's free and dosen't take that long

edit: there are ninja's among us

Quote Originally Posted by knight of meh View Post
    edit: there are ninja's among us