Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: FAQ

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: FAQ

I'll try to look up a description by Byg for the supply system.
    Edit: it's here, the Variable Foraging & Supplies section - can't guarantee it's the version we have

The supply wagon provides a temporary trait to the leading general which counteracts\delays to a certain extent the effects of the supply system.

Turks - that is correct, but they are more designed (army composition) to have a disruptive effect then being a conquering horde.
    Last edited by Gigantus; March 18, 2013 at 02:11 AM.

I thought so. I was going to say "like the Magyars in TLK", but I don't think most people have played TLK.

Teutonic's Avatar Ordinarius

In the coming patch are you going to change the EDU file? I intend to tinker with it but if it will be changed soon I'd rather wait.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teutonic View Post
    In the coming patch are you going to change the EDU file? I intend to tinker with it but if it will be changed soon I'd rather wait.
    Monguntiacum was mentioning internally that he may issue a separate\alternative EDU with larger unit sizes - otherwise nothing is planned at the moment.

So, just to be clear, I read somewhere here I read that a patch with some bug fixes, etc, may come soon. I was wondering if this patch will overwrite the EDU and render any changes I make to it a waste of time when installed?
    Sorry Gigantus if you actually answered this in your post just above.

Sounds like only the optional increased unit size patch will alter the EDU.

Blog Entries

So, just to be clear, I read somewhere here I read that a patch with some bug fixes, etc, may come soon. I was wondering if this patch will overwrite the EDU and render any changes I make to it a waste of time when installed?
    Sorry Gigantus if you actually answered this in your post just above.
    There will be a modified EDU, which gives you two choices:

• Wait a day or two until the patch comes out (max 36 hours I would think)
    • Go ahead and then update your EDU via a 'compare' utility - I use Notepad++ for that.

In fact the only change is the ownership line of kanone_r, underneath the whole section for that unit if you want to start already:
    Code:
    type             Kanone r
    dictionary       Kanone_r     ; vanilla Basilisk ; Culverin 130-140mm bore, 420m range, high accuracy
    category         siege
    class            missile
    voice_type       Heavy
    banner faction   main_missile
    banner holy      crusade
    soldier          kanoniere_r, 12, 2, 1.2
    engine           basilisk_late
    attributes       sea_faring, hardy, can_withdraw, gunpowder_unit, cannon, artillery, explode, legionary_name, affected_by_rain
    move_speed_mod   0.7
    formation        1.5, 1.5, 0.4, 2.4, 3, square
    stat_health      1, 0
    stat_pri         6, 6, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, slashing, sword, 25, 1.3
    ;stat_pri_ex      0, 0, 0
    stat_pri_attr    no
    stat_sec         30, 3, basilisk_shot, 420, 30, siege_missile, artillery_gunpowder, blunt, none, 25, 1
    ;stat_sec_ex      0, 0, 0
    stat_sec_attr    ap, bp, area, launching
    stat_pri_armour  4, 4, 0, leather
    ;stat_armour_ex   4, 0, 0, 0, 4, 0, 0, leather
    stat_sec_armour  0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat        1
    stat_ground      0, 0, 0, 0
    stat_mental      9, disciplined, highly_trained
    stat_charge_dist 30
    stat_fire_delay  0
    stat_food        60, 300
    stat_cost        1, 1310, 605, 90, 70, 1310, 4, 270
    armour_ug_levels 1
    armour_ug_models kanoniere_r
    ownership        england, france, spain, milan, russia, turks, moors, sicily, denmark, hre, venice, egypt, hungary, scotland, byzantium, portugal, mongols, poland, normans, saxons, timurids, trier, bayreuth, siebenbuergen, repven, papal_states
    era 2            england, france, spain, milan, russia, turks, moors, sicily, denmark, hre, venice, egypt, hungary, scotland, byzantium, portugal, mongols, poland, normans, saxons, timurids, trier, bayreuth, siebenbuergen, repven, papal_states
    ;unit_info        6, 0, 8
    info_pic_dir     allgemein
    card_pic_dir     allgemein
    recruit_priority_offset    11

Thanks for the info Gigantus! If that's all I could just remove the EDU I have edited "out of the way" and after the installation of the patch I can move it back in and just edit the kanone_r entry as seen here. Making back-ups, of course.

Stupid question I notice that the Ottoman Empire Roster is really really small only consisting of cavalry units like Akincis, Sipahis ect ect the rest are mercenary units I don't know is that's the case in the campaign I saw the roster in Custom Battle. Is this intended since they are an "Invasion" Emerging Faction or simply because you will work with them for other future versions since they are not top priority for the mod anyway.

I think it's because they are meant to be just raiders, to bother the Habsburgs. Although in the EDU I saw a bunch of other Ottoman units which are made unavailable in Custom Battles. I intend to check them out to see what they are and if they are playable or will cause CTD. Can't help myself

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Turks - that is correct, but they are more designed (army composition) to have a disruptive effect then being a conquering horde.
    Year 1624 in a campaign with Saxony:
    The Turks already conquered Laibach, Klagenfurt, Graz, Raab and one additional town I forgot the name. Now they are marching on Vienna...

Blog Entries

Thanks for the info Gigantus! If that's all I could just remove the EDU I have edited "out of the way" and after the installation of the patch I can move it back in and just edit the kanone_r entry as seen here. Making back-ups, of course.
    Just had to make some more small changes regarding the picture directories of the garrison units. There are 4 units in this section: === Garnisonen, nicht fuer 'Eigene Schlacht' === that need adjustments as follows:
    Code:
    info_pic_dir     allgemein
    card_pic_dir     allgemein
    Some of the entries were either commented out or not present.

Delete "no_custom" in the EDU.

If I am a Protestant faction and I build a synagogue (which has the text "Culture conversion bonus 1%"), will that increase Protestantism or Jewishness in my city?

I beat a Catholic League army but its general escaped (all his bodyguards died, and so did most of his soldiers, maybe 5 escaped). However, the general still died on the campaign map (after the battle, he said "Aaagh!" and fell face first). How come he didn't survive, the way generals do in every other mod? What did you change to make that happen?

How did you make the shrouded map not update? For example, in other mods, if you exchange maps with a faction, you can see where its cities are. If you are allied with that faction, when you click on one of its cities it will say "Allied city", even if you have no units near it to see it. If someone else conquers it, when you put your pointer over it, it will say "Allied city", but when you double click it, it will say "Neutral city". In this mod, there is an an allied city nearby, but even though I can't see it, I know it was conquered because the border changed colour. However, when I clicked on it it still said "Allied city". That is a good feature, which forces you to send agents to keep an eye on events. How did you pull it off?

Aren't 60 regions required in order to win a lot? You would have to squish some of your own allies to get that many.

"Delete "no_custom" in the EDU." If that's directed to me (re: enabling units for Custom Battle) I know. Which is why I didn't ask how to do it Thanks anyway

Can you explain how to deploy cannon on wall please ?

You have to do it during the deployment phase and you have to put them where there are small triangles on the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    Delete "no_custom" in the EDU.

If I am a Protestant faction and I build a synagogue (which has the text "Culture conversion bonus 1%"), will that increase Protestantism or Jewishness in my city?

I beat a Catholic League army but its general escaped (all his bodyguards died, and so did most of his soldiers, maybe 5 escaped). However, the general still died on the campaign map (after the battle, he said "Aaagh!" and fell face first). How come he didn't survive, the way generals do in every other mod? What did you change to make that happen?

How did you make the shrouded map not update? For example, in other mods, if you exchange maps with a faction, you can see where its cities are. If you are allied with that faction, when you click on one of its cities it will say "Allied city", even if you have no units near it to see it. If someone else conquers it, when you put your pointer over it, it will say "Allied city", but when you double click it, it will say "Neutral city". In this mod, there is an an allied city nearby, but even though I can't see it, I know it was conquered because the border changed colour. However, when I clicked on it it still said "Allied city". That is a good feature, which forces you to send agents to keep an eye on events. How did you pull it off?

Aren't 60 regions required in order to win a lot? You would have to squish some of your own allies to get that many.
    1-) It increase Jewishness as I have seen in my Polish-Lithuanian campaign.
    2-) same thing happens to me i need to send spies to see if my allied city or minor city "Fort" has fallen this is a nice feature.
    3-) I agree 100% with you here 60 regions is a lot to conquer and you will have to betray some of our allies or built a fleet and sail to enemy lands by the coast or in-land rivers. Which takes a lot of time + money + planning which is not bad but for some factions is a problem example Saxony, Cologne, Swiss Confederation ect ect.

I think it's because they are meant to be just raiders, to bother the Habsburgs. Although in the EDU I saw a bunch of other Ottoman units which are made unavailable in Custom Battles. I intend to check them out to see what they are and if they are playable or will cause CTD. Can't help myself

If my history is not wrong by this time the Ottomans are pushing towards Habsburg lands and Like Jerat said are marching towards inner Austria.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Pyres Δt Varanasi; March 19, 2013 at 07:21 PM.

Delete.
    Last edited by Pyres Δt Varanasi; March 19, 2013 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Double Post.

60 regions is almost half the map, making the player have to steamroll over the AI. I think I'd prefer needing to own a smaller selection of key cities that those factions would have historically wanted to take over, and outlast a few historical enemies. Of course, there's still likely to be overlap with allies, but on a much smaller scale.

But then, you of course don't want the AI to win while you're still building up your economy. Plus "victory" in Total War games shouldn't be the top priority, anyway. All you get is a little popup, anyway. Hmm.