Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: FAQ

Default Re: FAQ

Has anyone written down a brief guide to the economy for this mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Has anyone written down a brief guide to the economy for this mod?
    The basic idea is here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...income-returns

There is no guide as such though. Certain situations, such as the income from merchants becoming 0, seem to vary from game to game and faction to faction. Gigantus thought that the income of merchants should depend on their stats but there seems to be also a global effect that partly depends on the total number of provinces owned and some probabilistic factor of when that will kick in. I have seen the 0 trade income not kick in with France and Sweden. It probably always kicks in when playing a German faction but I do not know why. Gigantus probably understands the economy script best, as he wrote it.

Boogie Knight's Avatar Biarchus

Hello! I just wanted to ask a question or two about this mod.

I've been trying to get the For King or Country: English Civil War mod for M2 (not Kingdoms) to work but apparently it won't run with Steam (which I use) and I'm not inclined to buy a CD version just for that mod. It's a shame though, as the Stuart period of England, including the English Civil War, is one of my favourite periods of history. But this mod is set alongside that and even (from screenies I've seen) seems to feature some of the same historic individuals who learned to fight on the continent before coming back to fight in the civil war, which is very exciting. I can play sort of Tudor-era pike and shot battles in a late SS campaign or custom battles, but in the case of the former that's right at the game's end and in the case of the latter I prefer to play battles as part of a larger campaign. Plus, that sort of 16th century look and feel is quite different from the Stuart-era vibe that the English Civil War had and which the 30 Years War seems to have had as well (puffy pantaloons ahoy!)

So what does this mod do differently to vanilla M2 or SS in terms of pike and shot? I've been watching a few videos (including Geoffrey of Villeharduoin's Sweden Let's Play) and it certainly looks better all around, but I wondered if anyone could elaborate on what's been done to pull the game into the 17th century where things like formations, unit behaviour and AI are concerned?

I also have the problem of not knowing a whole lot about the 30 Years War itself. As I've said, I'm particularly interested in the Stuart era and the 17th century in general, but almost everything I've read of the period up until now concerns the British Isles. I know that Irish mercenaries often fought for the Spanish and that Scottish and English mercenaries fought on all sides, and that Charles I made an attempt to involve England in the war which ended in such a humiliating disaster that it would have been hilarious if it hadn't involved the loss of so many lives, but my knowledge of wider events on the continent is woefully lacking. Is anyone able to recommend a source of information, preferably (though not exclusively) online, that can help me brush up on it?

I replied to you in the other thread but maybe others can add their comments.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Knight View Post
    Hello! I just wanted to ask a question or two about this mod.

I've been trying to get the For King or Country: English Civil War mod for M2 (not Kingdoms) to work but apparently it won't run with Steam (which I use) and I'm not inclined to buy a CD version just for that mod.
    Unfortunately all mods based on the medieval2.exe file require porting to kingdoms to make it work on steam. Most of the time it's just a matter of replacing the descr_walls file and the sound\event.idx and dat files - the latter might provide a challenge if the mod has custom event sounds. Try replacing those 3 files with the ones from my Bare Geomod installation (make back ups) - it might just work.

Didn't realise you'd responded here with all that - thanks very much for the info! I'll let you know how it goes when I get around to giving it another try.

There is a version of FKOC that was made for Kingdoms.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    There is a version of FKOC that was made for Kingdoms.
    Indeed, you are right. The link is here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-to-Shakesword. However, I seem to remember some users had problems with that.

Guys, just started trying out this mod and it seems great. Just one question, do the command interface of all the generals really look like that? To clarify, as you know generals here also have command stars, loyalty, dread or chivalry, and piety that are represented on 4 horizontal rows of white circles stacked on top of each other. These white circles then get filled with icons like iron fists or gold rings depending on how much of the trait the general has. So... in the thirty years war mod... no more white circles? All I see are the trait icons and a very blank light brown space. Like, so portrait, then right of the portrait is like (for example) one command star on a very awkward light brown field. No more small white circles to denote how lacking the general is in all other traits. Is this deliberate in the mod?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

That is intentional, it was meant to cover up the spaces in case you managed to click on a fortress label and pull up the portrait window. It's 10 in total anyhow in every case, so the missing number shouldn't be difficult to ascertain

First and foremost i would like to thank you for this amazing mod. I have installed it yesterday and can't stop playing my Dutch campaing.

The only bug that i have found until now is that, in Sieges, the right section of the wall is ungarrisonable, and the AI dons't seems to be able to climb it either.

Again, this mod is fantastic, the work that you have done with cities is AMAZING. They realy feel like renaissance cities.

Besides, i'm a history fag and i'm fascinated by the pike and shot era, unfortunately in mtw2 fire-arms appears so late in the campaing that i just give up. Empire and Napo are incredibly boring, Jesus, evey battle is exactly the same, i can't even watch gameplays (And the campaing map sucks).

I would like to ask if if have plans to do any further update\bug fix in this explendid mod. Thank you all again.

There are various discussions on the star fort walls. The modder who started work on those gave up and Gigantus finished them the best way he could but none of the rest of us had any experience in editing buildings. So there are some annoying bugs with these walls. One of the gates for example, has an invisible barrier behind it and units get stuck there. The walls also at some point had areas where one could place artillery on but these have been removed because of issues with making breaches and so on. Perhaps with more work these issues can be fixed but that would require time spent by someone who knows what they are doing.

Thank you for the kind words. I am glad you are enjoying your Dutch campaign. Indeed it is a shame that Creative Assembly did not spend more time on the Renaissance and early modern period of warfare but jumped straight to Empire and Napoleon, both of which I agree are not as interesting or successful as M2TW despite the improvements in graphics.

Thank you for your quicky reply. If i had any knowledge in programing i would volunteer to help, but i don't.

If we could help you by some sort of patreon, it would be great. It could attract people with the skills needed.

Good luck to you guys. <3

Itsa me Mario!!... well not really, just the guy from the horde factions threat, so here is the thing: so since the horde thing got solved(turn 248) in my current game(turn 283) when I click for the next turn, while is on the Swiss faction movements turn, it completely freeze over, for more than a hour, ao I just have to restart the game. Now I don't have any hypothesis like when Hesse became horde, there is no reasonable explanation for the frozer on the switzers, and for the record: it happen after their ambassador greets me, then the turn automatically freeze over.

PS: If this is not the place to ask/report this kind of things then my sincere apologies.

Hum I create a banner for a faction :

Vive la France !

Quote Originally Posted by soso View Post
    Hum I create a banner for a faction :

Vive la France !
    Very lovely. Gustav Adolf sends his heartfelt gratitude for the French war subsidies to the Swedish army.

Have fun with your campaign.

vic_chan, which Dutch cities are you having problems with? I'm playing a Dutch campaign myself and have found that Antwerp cannot be garrisoned to the left of the gatehouse. I blame that for losing the city a couple of times, though it's more likely just my poor leadership. XD I find a few mortars behind the wall makes up for the lack of musketeers handsomely.

Domesticus

Hello!

How do you put the canons on the walls of the large cities? (1648, version 2)
    Last edited by Crociato78; February 06, 2016 at 09:08 PM.

I found that one of the French Generals starts with Musketeers of the Guard as their bodyguard. Is this deliberate? I'm thinking about setting all Generals as having them.

Due to some problems on my now 5 years old notebook I'm not being able to play nothing but cs for some months... So I just don't remember the cities.

The sieges right now are the biggest down side of this gorgeous\superb\erotic mod, since i never lost any siege battles (don't know how you managed that xD). The ai, since it can't break walls, just trow everything in to the gates. I know that in MTW2 they do the same thing, but the pike advantage plus the lack of siege towers and the inability to attack certain segments of the wall realy kills any challenge.

For example, if you play as the Dutch you should be terrified to face the Imperial Tercios, no matter what you have they will slaugther you. If the walls could be fixed, allowing the ai (and yourself) to exploit breaches, multiple ladder invasion, etc, holding any city as a non-imperial faction would be a HUGE chalenge, hurray.

I know people prob just moved to other things, but i will be watching this mod for some time, realy like the period.