Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: FAQ

Default Re: FAQ

I'm not 100% sure, but if you think about Johann Tserclaes Count of Tilly, he is available when you play Bavaria.

I think that's the one. He was the supreme commander of all Catholic armies during the war. The main reason I like him though is because I once saw his grave in Europe a long time ago.

Count Tilly is on the Catholic League roster. He is not playable.

How/where do I increase unit movement range on campaign map? I find them too slow even with the patch that makes it bigger.
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

You can check the sticky on increased range of units in the map for ideas. Open that file and edit it, if you so wish.

Perhaps you could also try to play at an easier level. At first we had recommended only playing at the very hard level. After the overhaul of the campaign AI with patch 5, all levels are playable.

This mod has taken 5-6 years to develop and some very experienced modders worked on it. We have worked for years on feedback from players. It is not easy to make the AI competitive in such a total conversion where so many things had to be changed. The large map was indeed one of the main challanges for the human player and still is. Making the ranges of movement any larger would make play on the harder levels too easy.

Laetus

can I play Turkish Horde somehow? Ерфтлы

What is the name of the Song that plays during the main menu? I've been trying to find it for a while now!

greetings. not sure if this is the place to ask this so,if its not apologies in advance.
    just started playing the mod,and i have discovered about 25 diplomats all crowded around one town,is this normal? again sorry if this is the wrong place. cheers

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

Yes that is normal, all the various factions diplomats are in that area.

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

It's to facilitate diplomacy; otherwise you'd have to roam over an immense map.

Egir's Avatar Laetus

Hello,

I suppose this is an unusual question, but...

How do I uninstall the mod? I can not find an uninstall exe as with some of the other mods out there. Do I have to uninstall the whentire M2TW&K?

Delete the folder 1648 from the mods section and delete the desktop shortcut.

Foederatus

Hi guys. Thank for this beautiful mod. I like time period of XVII century . Maybe this question had been asked already. I have question about some armies on a stratmap. Some stacks are in the woods and couldn't go out from there. Here example:

Why this army is encircled by trees? The maintenance of this stack isn't cheep, and the rest part of Holland is open to my forces (i play spanish). It just has no money for recruiting more units for defend, because all treasury goes to maintenance stack in the wood .

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

This was initially the Dutch heir. We put the heirs of non player factions in 'reserves' like this to prevent the AI from using them in armies where more often then not they suicidally charge directly into the pikes. Due to the 12turns\year set up that may easily lead to faction defeat by death of the last family member.

In this case I however I wonder where all the units come from - the heir should just have a bodyguard, which means if he dies naturally (like it seems to have been the case here) no units should remain. The only possible explanation would be that the AI recruited mercenaries with the heir who at some point died a natural death.

Foederatus

We put the heirs of non player factions in 'reserves' like this to prevent the AI from using them in armies where more often then not they suicidally charge directly into the pikes.
    What about commnad "send_character_off_map"?

The only possible explanation would be that the AI recruited mercenaries with the heir who at some point died a natural death.
    Correct

Quote Originally Posted by KAST View Post
    What about command "send_character_off_map"?
    I was not aware such a command existed. Not sure if this would work from the campaign script. It would be an interesting solution. Maybe something we could try in the Two Towers?

On the harder levels, the AI factions should not have too much of a problem with money.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KAST View Post
    What about commnad "send_character_off_map"?

Correct
    It could be an option - I would have to look into the game mechanics of it, eg if that a faction will still be undefeated if it only has one family member and that one is off map. By I would think it will trigger the defeat, else it would be impossible to defeat factions like this until the off map member dies a natural death (old age).

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey of Villehardouin View Post
    I was not aware such a command existed. Not sure if this would work from the campaign script. It would be an interesting solution. Maybe something we could try in the Two Towers?
    We did send the spain (Protestant Union) heir off_map.
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 22, 2015 at 06:54 PM.

Foederatus

I would have to look into the game mechanics of it, eg if that a faction will still be undefeated if it only has one family member and that one is off map. By I would think it will trigger the defeat, else it would be impossible to defeat factions like this until the off map member dies a natural death (old age).
    If a faction has no one general on map, but at the same time has any character off map, then he will be a faction leader, and faction won’t be defeated .

Foederatus

If a faction has no one general on map, but at the same time has any character off map, then he will be a faction leader, and faction won’t be defeated
    Update: offmap charater has to be a heir of course.

Deleted.
    Last edited by Old-Greybeard; February 19, 2017 at 02:17 PM.