Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: FAQ

Default Re: FAQ

I wondered because I got an event about Bohemia gaining control of something and thought that might mean they had an Emperor.

Also, is it deliberate that Jaegar Militia aren't a militia unit and don't get free upkeep in cities?
    Last edited by Hazzard; June 30, 2013 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    Also, is it deliberate that Jaegar Militia aren't a militia unit and don't get free upkeep in cities?
    Very few such units existed at the time, possibly only one. Certainly star forts in the Thirty Years War were not defended by archers. But they can get free upkeep in the smaller country towns, where maybe the German princes had their hunting lodges.

Archers still exists in that time in swedish, scottish, russian and ottoman armies. in germany i not know any military unit using bows. but germany never was a land for bows like wales, we loved crossbows and later we built the best firearms at our big cities. so only hunters still used bows, more accurate and quiet. i bring that special unit in 1648 because of the "Jagdschlösser" (hunting lodges), only in capital regions, the "Gamekeepers" of the princes. The early precursors of the later military "Jaegers" recruited by hunters and gamekeepers for sharpshooting.

The point of militia I believe at the time wasn't to go out on offensive campaigns but to defend the town in case of attack, this would make sense to me to allow Jaegar Militia to have free upkeep but it hasn't work when I've played like when I recruit a Jaegar militia in the town the Principality of Bayreuth started with.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    The point of militia I believe at the time wasn't to go out on offensive campaigns but to defend the town in case of attack, this would make sense to me to allow Jaegar Militia to have free upkeep but it hasn't work when I've played like when I recruit a Jaegar militia in the town the Principality of Bayreuth started with.
    Yes, I meant few German units had bows, possibly only one. Of course there were still Tartars and the like, who were armed with bows. As Monti said some nobles kept archers as game keepers to shoot their deer in their hunting grounds. Since the small towns do not produce military units in this mod, they can be recruited in the main settlements (big cities) but their place is in the countryside. There they can get free upkeep in the smaller towns. German star forts were not defended by archers.

Hetman Khmelnytsky's Avatar Senator

Hey guys, this mod is awesome, right now i'm trying to build a Protestant German Empire as Saxony (Alternate History!). BTW Where can you download most of this mod's music, I would please like to use it in other games like EUIII.

some tracks are made by an composer/musician for 1648, he was part of the team. other parts can be found on youtube, searching for baroque/barock music. look at wikipedia which composers/musicians are famous for early baroque, especially in germany, netherlands, poland and france.

------------
    you come from Lviv/Lemberg? Maybe you like that screenshot from 1237, our next mod.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lemberg.jpg  
    Last edited by Monguntiacum; July 03, 2013 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monguntiacum View Post
    some tracks are made by an composer/musician for 1648, he was part of the team. other parts can be found on youtube, searching for baroque/barock music. look at wikipedia which composers/musicians are famous for early baroque, especially in germany, netherlands, poland and france.

------------
    you come from Lviv/Lemberg? Maybe you like that screenshot from 1237, our next mod.
    Дякую! Yes Lviv is an awesome city, its population roughly the same size of where I currently live, San Francisco. BTW Who is the composer and the parts on Youtube. And I'm a Bach listener too, especially the organs.

This is a small question (that was probably already answered somewhere I couldn't find): what's the importance of the towns (forts) scattered around the regions? Do they affect the income?
    Thanks

indirectly, these forts/we call them minor cities have 2 functions:
    a) to protect the region, because the map is so big you need garrisons to defend your regions
    b) many units don´t cost anything when placed in that minor cities as garrisons, so you save money and you can hold a bigger army

Ah, thanks for the answer!

Yeah, the free upkeep is really useful

I thought about a system where the amount of minor cities you own in a given region implies the income that region generates. Like: if you hold 3 out of 4 minor cities in a region, you receive only 75% of the income.
    This could be applied only to the player, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Monguntiacum View Post
    a) to protect the region, because the map is so big you need garrisons to defend your region
    But the whole region can be occupied by just taking the "big city".
    I would like they can have some function like help invading army resupply if garrison inside them but seem not available.

sure. but example Duchy of Prussia, the most enemies come over land routes, thanks to my garrisons i know how much they are, maybe the enemy hold and siege the minor city-fort, time to collect army, i can attack the enemy with small the garrisons to damage him. if he conquer my major city (region-capital) i still have my garrisons in region to guerilla/counter/annoy enemy.
    i love my minor cities. also they fill the map, give feeling to have real regions with more than one city like in vanilla, give feeling for the people living in that cities today.

BTW How do you form the German Empire as Saxony? Do I have to eliminate the electoral factions?

No, Saxony, Prussia-Brandenburg, Palatine of Rhine, Würrtemberg and Brunswick are the protestant factions who can transform into German Empire by having Events, u must do some things to get these events, then the faction transforms. Like Eriador-Arnor in Third Age or Calmar Union in Teutonic Addon. After that transforming u should choose the faction in the reichsmutation launcher, that finished the event.

Like what events are there?

One example, you should conquer the regions Aachen, Mansfeld and some other regions, then story events appear.. after some of these events, you get the crown and all factions hate you

OK thanks man!

Domesticus

Congratulations on the mod!

First of all congratulations for the GREAT job you have done! The mod is excellent!

Now, I have a question to ask, I don't know if this is the right place or if it has been already answered...

I am playing with Prussia and at around turn 30 or so, suddenly all the building effects on my settlements disapeared from the settlement details screen! Just like that, all the good influence from buildings was lost, my population's happiness declined and since then, whenever I build anything that somehow effects the happiness of my people, the effect just doesn't show!

So, is this a bug? Is it supposed to happen, or did I do something to trigger it and if so, is there something I can do to fix it?

Thanks in advance for any help, again, great mod!