Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: FAQ

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default FAQ

Frequently asked questions

• Is the mod mod foldered? - Sure, of course it is. Hey, gigantus is part of our team
    • Is the mod for M2 Kingdoms - Sure. Thats the reason why we are in Kingdoms: Hosted Modifications
    • I have Windows XP and get a .NET framework error - update your .NET version: Microsoft's installer for .Net Framework 4
    • I can't install .Net Framework 4 - replace the 1648.exe with this one, which needs only .Net 3.5 1648.exe
    • Is the mod available in German? - the default installation is in English but the language can be changed with the custom launcher
    • What is the best dificulty setting? - I advise to take an easier faction for beginning, like Brunswick, Württemberg, Saxony or Swiss.
      I play very hard/very hard to help the AI handle the really big map and in battles against human genius
    • The Spanish king is at his Jagdschloss and can't leave this area - Felipe have no children in right age to be heir. So, to avoid his early death by AI forced attack,we send him to his Jagdschloss where he is secure and has fun. In fact every heir or leader (without heir) of every faction is send into the Jagdschloss at their capital region. But we did a script to take them out of Jagdschloss if a human player controls the faction (we guess you want send your leader/heir into suicide attack like AI do). For some unknown reasons (Aliens, CIA, Elvis, Fast Food) the Spanish king remains at his Jagdschloss. Maybe he is lazy
      Take it as, a real king have generals to do the dirty killing job, a real king have important things to do, like hunting boars.
    • Reichsmutation? - The factions you can read in the reichsmutation window are protestant factions. these factions have the possibility to gain an event to transform into a new faction: German Empire. Its the idea, what if the protestants win majority in electors and the power in the empire? They would elect a new protestant emperor. So if you play one of these factions and get the final event, your faction transform like eriador to arnor in third age. But the calmar script used for these transforming isnt enough, the old colour remains and things like that. so if you get the event and your faction is now the german empire, you save your game and leave it. than launch the window of reichsmutation and choose your faction, if you load now your savegame, the colour is now correct for empire. but do not activate the reichsmutation before getting the event, your faction would be partly transformed what would be not very nice.
    • Launcher isn't starting anymore: Check if in your Medieval II Main Folder is a data called: "Launcher_Backup.exe". If yes: Delete the Launcher.exe and rename the Launcher_Backup.exe. Should work now.
    Last edited by Durintwz; July 06, 2013 at 02:09 PM.

Default Re: FAQ

What makes some factions harder than others?

I could see your previous post, thanks. I see, it is notorious that game is harder than 1.0 version. I see accurate anyway that problem with rebellions and red numbers since I was playing with Spain, still can survive and do some campaing agaisnt rebells and some nobles council gifts help. So do you recommend VH/VH for the 2.0, I am supposed to be experienced player (haha) and want the best experience. Thanks.

This is different. Bremen is very hard because very small faction with strong neighbours. Austria is very hard because many regions are rebellious (protestant majority and a harsh catholic faction leader), generally big factions have the problem of low budget/earnings and a big army in beginning. So they must reduce army, but rebellious regions...
    So the medium factions with harmony between peoples faith and faction religion are the easier faction.

Why the turns are loading so slow, I wait around 2 minutes between the turns

Quote Originally Posted by hackera96 View Post
    Why the turns are loading so slow, I wait around 2 minutes between the turns
    That's really strange in my Laptop it takes like 30-40 secs per turn.

Quote Originally Posted by 1st Viscount, Lor'themar Theron View Post
    That's really strange in my Laptop it takes like 30-40 secs per turn.
    M2 doesn't use multy core. The higher your CPU's frequency the faster the turns should be.
    "I think there is a profound and enduring beauty in simplicity. In clarity. In Efficiency.
    True simplicity is derived from so much more than the absence of clutter and ornamentation.
    It's about bringing order to complexity."

Jony Ive

The max. possible mapsize, 1500 characters on map, 27 factions, an huge script.

Is there any way to install mod on XP? Mod requires Framework 4.5, but it doesn't supported by XP.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries
    Last edited by Gigantus; March 16, 2013 at 08:59 AM.

Hi Gigantus I have downloaded all 4 parts from your infracta website but when I try to open the file it tells me windows cannot open this file. Is there something I have to download just to open this program? I am using windows vista. Is there any way yo can upload it in a binary file format?

Teutonic's Avatar Ordinarius

About this NET framework thing- if one can run the 1648 version 1, or TATW, or COW etc, can we run 1648 version 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Teutonic
    About this NET framework thing- if one can run the 1648 version 1, or TATW, or COW etc, can we run 1648 version 2?
    It's not about the game; it's the start-up gadget that causes problems.

I don't know why that guy was told he needed .NET Framework 4.5 - I was asked for 4.0.3xxxx. I just downloaded 4.0 or whatever it was from the Microsoft website, installed it, and the game booted fine after that.

You need Service Pack 3 for the .NET Framework, though. Or at least that's what the Microsoft website says.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    It's not about the game; it's the start-up gadget that causes problems.

I don't know why that guy was told he needed .NET Framework 4.5 - I was asked for 4.0.3xxxx. I just downloaded 4.0 or whatever it was from the Microsoft website, installed it, and the game booted fine after that.

You need Service Pack 3 for the .NET Framework, though. Or at least that's what the Microsoft website says.
    I see, thanks. In this case I hope the bat Gigantus provided works, if I have a problem. I have SP 2 plus there is all other stuff which is necessary according to the Microsoft website and which I might not have. Looks like this curious but not especially useful feature will end up being a pain in the ass.

If you can't install .Net 4 replaxe the 1648.exe in /mods/1648_2 with this one: http://www.infracta.de/docs/1648.exe (which only needs .Net 3.5)

And let me tell you: Your are using an OS wich is older than 10 Years and which causes a lot of problems including security. Probably you should consider buying a new OS!
    "I think there is a profound and enduring beauty in simplicity. In clarity. In Efficiency.
    True simplicity is derived from so much more than the absence of clutter and ornamentation.

Jony Ive

Thanks Durin. My OS is from around 2006 or 07. Currently it's not connected to the internet. Touch wood, through the years it has proven pretty good regarding bugs in PC games, though the machine itself starts to suffer from old age.

Your OS is not as old as when you bought it

XP is released: 25. October 2001, 12 Years ago! And in informatics 12 Years is like 100 Years.

Jony Ive

Lol, I expect something like that, just not as old as 2001. Anyway, financially things are tight so this PC will have to do for now. The 7z seems to be working...

Alright, as .exe part 1 was working, it stopped with a message:

Part 1 has not been totally installed because of the following reason:
    File corrupt or unreadable:
    mods\1648_2\data\fmv\event\martin_rinckhart.bik

You will have to run this utility again...

So I'll try again now but in case it doesn't work I wanted to quote the error message.

edit- Tried again and the same error message.
    Last edited by Teutonic; March 16, 2013 at 07:22 PM.

This could be because of a corrupt download.

Redownlaod the first 2 files, unzip and try again.

Jony Ive

Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast