Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: FAQ

Teutonic's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Maximicus View Post
    A quick question to add to the first post. What are the internal names of all the factions, ie. papal_states = Spain, france = France, etc.?

Listing:
    [/spoiler]
    Thanks for the list! +rep

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

Has anyone experienced a bug before where the loading sign doesn't stop? I'm playing with Braunschweig, now in late 1621 and every time I end the turn it happens at the start of the next one. Instead of having a normal cursor, the Imperial Eagle badge continues to rotate and I can't click on anything. Any ideas?
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Second patch is out:

Version 2.0.222 - 30th March 2013

• - Fixed pistol_bullet projectile
    • - Corrected name issues
    • - Adjusted stats for cavalry
    • - Launcher bug reporting
    • - Added more female names for slave faction (witches)
    • - Corrected wrong unit pic sizes for Spain faction
    • - Fixed 'spawned ports cannot recruit ships'
    • - Added missing spawns for 'New Cities' event
    • - Corrected Habsburg spawn (faction and traits) after independence of Nederlands
    • - Translated some building tree names
    • - Added barracks to all settlements
    • - Corrected taxable_income_bonus issue
    • - Reformatted loading screens
    • - Removed in game moving of Mansfeld, Wallenstein and 'Der Tolle'
    • - Adjusted grape shot stats
    • - Removed grape shot from Leder Kanone
    • - Gave 'diplomatic immunity' to all diplomats in enclosure
    • - Recoded some family trees
    • - Corrected mounted Arquebusier model
    • - Reduce strength an dfrequency of Osman spawns
    • - Set period details in custom battle
    • - Small corrections on map

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

Wow, that was fast! I just tested it with Sweden, the changes seem to work, but the Swedish have the French voices now
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

Logios's Avatar Senator

I have played it until 1622 as Denmark, and I wonder if some other bugs can be looked into:
    Historically Denmark and Sweden was at peace between the Kalmar War (ended 1613) and the Torstenson War (started 1643), but the Sweden AI generally attacks Denmark within a few rounds after the start and a few rounds after every peace agreement.
    Sweden has about 5 types of national musketeer units, and they can all easily be made into mincemeat by the Finnish "Tavastehus" cavalry unit which is also available to Denmark in the Scania region. For some reason, the Swedish armies is composed solely of musketeers and generals making heroic victories way too easy for the Danish armies with one or two of these cavalry units. On the other hand, the Denmark faction only has a few musketeers in the starting units, and no possibilities for building new ones (apart for mercenaries).
    When Gustav II Adolph dies in battle (happens fast with human player as Denmark) there is only the same death event, even when Sweden is still uninvolved in the 30YW, and it does not stand to reason why Prussia and Saxony should declare war on Sweden with no Swedish units having landed in any part of Germany.
    Both the Denmark and Sweden factions has no starting navy, no means of building one from the start, and too many generals in the starting army.

Teutonic's Avatar Ordinarius

Thanks for the new patch!

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

Logios said :
    Sweden has about 5 types of national musketeer units, and they can all easily be made into mincemeat by the Finnish "Tavastehus" cavalry unit, which is also available to Denmark in the Scania region. For some reason, the Swedish armies is composed solely of musketeers and generals making heroic victories way too easy for the Danish armies with one or two of these cavalry units. On the other hand, the Denmark faction only has a few musketeers in the starting units, and no possibilities for building new ones (apart for mercenaries).
    Both the Denmark and Sweden factions has no starting navy, no means of building one from the start, and too many generals in the starting army.
    Well, that cavalry unit has some insane defensive stats and rather cheap upkeep (compared to other cavalry).

Tavestehus
    attack 14
    charge 12
    defense 18
    cost 960
    upkeep 605

Tott's cuirassiers
    attack 11 + missile 7
    charge 9
    defense 13
    cost 1180
    upkeep 740

Sweden starts with many generals, but not a single other military unit
    Because of it I suggested reducing upkeep of general's units.

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

Yes. 250 right now AFAIR.

Wait, they added a high upkeep to generals in the patch? But the Medieval 2 AI always moves their generals right outside of settlements during their turns, killing any chance of free upkeep, thus bankrupting themselves further. Hmm.

no idea why gigantus did that. i wasn´t. but i had no time for testing patch because gig is now in vacation and he was in hurry to upload the new patch before he lift off. this will be removed in patch 4. i hope together with the *****save bug and ****random ctds.

You have a dedicated thread at MundusBellicus.fr : http://www.mundusbellicus.fr/forum/s...%E4hrige-Krieg

Thanks for you hard work , this is a great mod.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Sorry, double post due to bad internet connection. To be deleted .

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

I take a look at your thread, i´ve learned la langue française at school and university

One guy was sad because the Condé didn´t appear, thats not correct, because he is born in 1621, he spawned late in game:
    if I_TurnNumber = 239
    campaign_wait 1
    inhibit_camera_input true
    historic_event conde_spawn
    reveal_tile 2, 181
    snap_strat_camera 2, 181
    zoom_strat_camera 0.4
    inhibit_camera_input false

spawn_army
    faction france
    character Louis Conde, named character, age 20, x 2, y 181, portrait Conde
    traits Loyal 2 , ContentGeneral 2 , Katholik 1
    unit 1648 Bodyguard exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    end
    end_if

Is there any way to make the units use German(I assume vanilla) voices? Preferably only units of German nationality, but I'd take it even if all were to sound German. I remember hearing the soldiers speak German in the trailer for v. 1.0. I loved it, it was highly immersive, whereas now, we have the vanilla voices which I'm very accustomed to, and have simply grown bored of.

So is a submod possible? Or perhaps tiny fiddling with the files? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by YourStepDad View Post
    Is there any way to make the units use German(I assume vanilla) voices? Preferably only units of German nationality, but I'd take it even if all were to sound German. I remember hearing the soldiers speak German in the trailer for v. 1.0. I loved it, it was highly immersive, whereas now, we have the vanilla voices which I'm very accustomed to, and have simply grown bored of.

So is a submod possible? Or perhaps tiny fiddling with the files? Thanks.
    Yes, there's a mod for Medieval 2 called Xenophonia. With some fiddling with files, as you said, you can make almost all the factions present on the campaign map speak in their native tongues.

Hmmm, I'll look into it, thanks!

(Though I've meant Germans speaking as if it was a German version of the game, not them having the corresponding accent )

How to uninstal? i have no option in control panel, no uninstal exe in mod folder ...

Quote Originally Posted by escho View Post
    How to uninstal? i have no option in control panel, no uninstal exe in mod folder ...
    Just drag the mod's folder onto the recycle bin.

Megasalexandros's Avatar Campidoctor

Theres a question that i have...
    How can i destroy the walls of a star forterss from the new city? I have a cannon named Kaltraunen or something and some culverins but i cannot destroy it not even a scratch, how can i destroy them?
    MACEDONIA ETERNAL GREEK KINGDOM