Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223

Thread: FAQ

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: FAQ

The old launcher (1648.exe) doesn't do the trick anymore. You need to start the mod with the shortcut to the executable.bat file.

The mutation can be done manually by copying the content of the faction's directory into the main directory. Use either the DE or EN version according to your language.

Eg 1648\mutation-DE\byzantium for Saxony in german. The others are:
    moors - Palantine of the Rhine
    russia - Prussia
    scotland - Brunswick
    turks - Wuertemberg
    original - to reverse the previous action

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Sint View Post
    A bit late....but I wanted to play the mod again and checked the EDU and I have two export_descr_unit files of them titled "export_descr_unit - v203" which is unused and one normal one:

The normal one used ingame has the Ulmer Lanzen with 20 primary attack:

The unused v203 one has proper stats:

----------------

A bunch of other units have different stats as well although it is not as extreme.

Tercio-Pikeniere

Normal:

v203:

Both are far better than normal pikes but I assume that is intended.
    Is there anything to this, or is the default edu as intended and the way to go?

Also, about turns per year. The first year was 13 turns, but it seems to be 12tpy thereafter. However, the seasons and popups mentioning months seem to be off by a turn, where a message references August while the turn represents July (but sometimes it's accurate, then not again later), and winter comes in September and is gone before February. Or sometimes it only lasts a turn or two.

Blog Entries

EDU - is good to go, the back up was kept for anyone how would like to look up and values and revert them
    Winter - the seasonal script has a random element that changes the length of winter, not sure if the relevant messages are enabled, eg 'harsh winter' and 'mild winter'.
    Turn discrepancy - that could be caused by miscalculations when setting the turn numbers for events to happen: the game treats the first turn as turn zero, not turn one.

Campidoctor

Nice, thanks. I think I've gotten one message about a mild or moderate Winter so far, and though I wish I could move the seasons over one turn to more accurately reflect reality, it's a minor issue.

I just hit 10 years in my Sweden campaign and got the reforms a moment ago (movement turned up x3 to 600 for regular units, bringing them to around 10km day at max speed and helping AI and myself navigate the huge map). A bit alarmed at first noticing a huge hit to army upkeep, but realized it's because of the new pike/musket units and old ones not being free upkeep anymore in all my major cities. Moved them over to minor cities for now while waiting for refreshed pools.

Been a ton of fun so far, despite some crashes here and there. The Danes declared war on me in June of the first year, and over the next six or seven years King Gustav (the Conquerer, the Planner, the Engineer) prosecuted an expert offensive and defensive war, taking control over all of Denmark's holdings. A couple years after that, the Dutch decided to invade, and it's around three or four years into that war, halfway through conquering what remains of them. Now I'm really excited to see my new units and what new wars will see them in action. Though I'd mostly been using those particular units for garrison duty and the blue/red/yellow regiments for my main field army, Finnish and other uniques for secondary, and mercenaries for a third when feasible (though I really wish the the color regiment musketeers had swords like most other similar units do).

I'd never been a fan of this period of history, but I had a good game of ETW recently (Empire Realism mod) and got more into 18th century stuff and reading up on it. I remembered this mod from long, long ago when I played for a while but ran into a progress-stopping freeze at some point as I recall. But it always felt like something special so I gave it another go, and I'm so glad I did. I've been really digging into the history of the period and totally reversed course on my feelings on it. Fascinating times and the whole "military revolution" and changes in warfare are so cool. Good times!

And just cause I can never resist...

Spoiler for screenshots

Blog Entries

The process freeze must have been the 'save doesn't load anymore' issue we had because of the constant re-spawning of the 'fort names' that bloated the save file beyond what the game could handle (100MB+).
    I am glad to hear that after all these there are still people out there that do really enjoy a campaign of 1648. Judging by the screenshots you do seem to have a good time. Did you know that the drummer of the unit actually plays a tune? Zoom in a bit and check...

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Did you know that the drummer of the unit actually plays a tune? Zoom in a bit and check...
    Aw really? I had zoomed in on the little guy hoping to hear something but didn't, just me? (Edit: just realized that initially I thought the game music might have been too loud to hear him, so I turned it off but maybe it needs to be on for this? I'll try turning it back up and paying closer attention)

Btw, are armor upgrades meant to be in the game? I've built the Militia Armorer building, which description says will upgrade armor for pikemen units, but they don't actually get the little shield icon next to their unit cards, nor any new armor in battle. Is the building otherwise useless? I do have some units with the sword icon though, for upgraded weapons. I think that's from a different building, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooz View Post
    Nice, thanks. I think I've gotten one message about a mild or moderate Winter so far, and though I wish I could move the seasons over one turn to more accurately reflect reality, it's a minor issue.

I just hit 10 years in my Sweden campaign and got the reforms a moment ago (movement turned up x3 to 600 for regular units, bringing them to around 10km day at max speed and helping AI and myself navigate the huge map). A bit alarmed at first noticing a huge hit to army upkeep, but realized it's because of the new pike/musket units and old ones not being free upkeep anymore in all my major cities. Moved them over to minor cities for now while waiting for refreshed pools.

Been a ton of fun so far, despite some crashes here and there. The Danes declared war on me in June of the first year, and over the next six or seven years King Gustav (the Conquerer, the Planner, the Engineer) prosecuted an expert offensive and defensive war, taking control over all of Denmark's holdings. A couple years after that, the Dutch decided to invade, and it's around three or four years into that war, halfway through conquering what remains of them. Now I'm really excited to see my new units and what new wars will see them in action. Though I'd mostly been using those particular units for garrison duty and the blue/red/yellow regiments for my main field army, Finnish and other uniques for secondary, and mercenaries for a third when feasible (though I really wish the the color regiment musketeers had swords like most other similar units do).

I'd never been a fan of this period of history, but I had a good game of ETW recently (Empire Realism mod) and got more into 18th century stuff and reading up on it. I remembered this mod from long, long ago when I played for a while but ran into a progress-stopping freeze at some point as I recall. But it always felt like something special so I gave it another go, and I'm so glad I did. I've been really digging into the history of the period and totally reversed course on my feelings on it. Fascinating times and the whole "military revolution" and changes in warfare are so cool. Good times!

And just cause I can never resist...

Spoiler for screenshots

wow, great screens , did you take an add-on mod for the graphics, any submod, or are they purely from the mod?