Thread: [Tech Products] iLogic Earphones

Default [Tech Products] iLogic Earphones

iLogic Earphones

Company: Best Brands (Not 100% on the company behind it. I searched and searched, but this is all I could find.)
    Price: $3-$10

Frequency Response: 16Hz - 20,000Hz
    Sensitivity: 108dB/1mW
    Cord Length: 1.1m (3.6 ft)

iLogic Earphones

I first stumbled across iLogic Earphones about a year ago when I was needing new earphones for my computer, at Walmart. Simply picked these up. The earphones are very cheap, and great for someone on the go. They have a pretty average sound quality and their design is sometimes comfortable, at least they added some cheap padding. However, the provided padding is absolutely horrible! For one it is packaged without care. It is as if they were just thrown on top of the earphones. So when and if you are hastily opening them or just simply aren't paying that much attention you can actually drop them on the spot! I have literally lost several of my provided padding simply because of this. The padding is so poorly made that even if you, somehow, manage to not lose them it is difficult to put them on, and keep them on the earphones themselves.

The sound quality is average, when they are actually working correctly. I have gotten iLogic earphones that are pretty much broken when I first open the package. I have actually gotten broken iLogic earphones upon first opening. It was completely ridiculous having one side not even working brand new. Most of the sets of Earphones I have gotten (and I have gotten a lot) simply break from regular usage, and fast. The ones I am using right now are on the verge of shorting out! The last pair I got just fell apart, literally. The left earphone broke off, and I had them for only less than a month.

Their design is very generic coming in two different colors, white and black. They aren't that uncomfortable until you have had them on for awhile. My ears felt very sore after a bit of time wearing them. The padding doesn't help much either, even when they manage to stay on the earphones. In my experience the padding made it harder to put, and keep in my ear, but that could have also been because the padding was constantly slipping off the earphones.

I would not recommend these earphones to anyone I know. They are terrible. Cheap, uncomfortable (after a time), and fall apart more often than not. Being cheap they are also priced cheap, so I guess you can't really argue. You get what you pay for, eh?
    Last edited by SturmChurro; March 15, 2013 at 07:34 PM.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [Tech Products] iLogic Earphones

Great review.
    I have never used iLogic earphones but now I hate them.

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Never heard of them, not sure I want to now either.

Thanks for this, we haven't really had a truly negative review so it has been nice to read one.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

mrmouth's Avatar flaxen haired argonaut

Since the review was ultimately a thumbs down - if anyone looking at this wants some truly great earbuds - then the SoundMagic E10 are your choice for the budget minded consumer. Amazing quality and sound for $25-35 (price fluctuates and has risen overall since they have become popular). But for $30-$35 they are an absolute steal. Sound and build quality is that of earbuds in the $100 range. Also come with a bunch of silicone tips to fit every ear imaginable. Even double flange tips.

Good review and pics here.

I didnt like in ear monitors until I got these. Even like them over my full size headphones, at times.
    Last edited by mrmouth; March 17, 2013 at 06:32 PM.
    The fascists of the future will be called anti-fascists
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

I, sadly, still use the standard Apple ones (not the new ones mind you) so thanks for pointing them out. I'll give the review a read through and see.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Voodo chile's Avatar Campidoctor

Yea, a rule of thumb (in my opinion) is that if you are looking at speakers or headphones and the brand is a general pc peripheral producer (eg 'Genius' - look underneath your mouse!), you know that you are getting something that works( ie it produces sound), end of story.
    If you want something with has been ergonomically designed to a high standard, good quality build, produces good sound, then you generally go for the dedicated producers in their field.

Treize's Avatar Dux Limitis

I have 6+ year old Sennheisers, paid like €15 or €25 for it. Still better than the junk you get for free.

Still, I would like to replace them with in-ear plugs as I like those alot more. Any recommendations?
    Preferable under €30 or so and available in the Netherlands. Thanks in advance.
    Miss me yet?