Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: [RELEASED SUBMOD] WindsOfWinter Version 0.51 [Patched]

Deska140's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] WindsOfWinter Version 0.51 [Patched]

Ok, we'll work something out in some time.
    For now I really don't have time necessary to figure it all out ;(
    You can focus on making your awesome videos Soul ;p

Some things that need to be changed:

* Karhold/ Arnolf Karstark needs to belong to Roose Bolton, they have no intention of fighting for Stannis.

* Last Hearth has declared for Stannis and Should belong to him (though with no troops inside). Most of the Last Hearth SOLDIERS belong to Roose Bolton however.

* Stony sept should belong to either Baelish or Frey, as it is a Riverlands settlement and the Lannisters have no intention of holding it.

* Brightwater Keep still belongs to Stannis (also add Colin Florent as a general there). Garlan Tyrell never got a chance to take it before the Ironmen attacked

* Euron needs more men at the Arbour, he is about to assault Oldtown.

* Raventree needs to be moved back South of the Trident, to where it is normally.

* Add castle Darry if you can.

* The Tyrell force outside Storms End needs to be larger.

* Tyrell force at king's Landing needs to be much larger, at least a full stack each for Tarly and Mace.

* Split house Baelish (with control of Harrenhal, Saltpans Maidenpool , Gulltown, The Sisters, Heart's Home and The Eyrie) and The Lords Declarent (everything Else in the vale)

* A possible way to do this would be to have Harry the Heir as lord of the Lords declerant, and Lord Robert Dead. Lord Petyr could be the leader of House Baelish, and Harry the leader of the Lord's Declerant. It's not exactly in tone with the books but it seems better than having Lord Royce etc blindly follow Petyr.

Things that would make this mod amazing:

* Put some sort of script in place, where Davos aand Rickon spawn at White harbour, (possibly with some sort of unit from Skagos). If possible, make House Manderly cease to exist at this point, and turn over everything they have to Stannis.

* If house Bolton is ended, then have all their lands and generals go over to Stannis.

* Likewise for House Stannis.

* And while we're at it the same for the Lords Declerant and Lord Baelish.

* Make sure Houses Frey, Baelish, Lannister, Tyrell and Bolton are all Vassals to House Tommen, not Allies.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty501 View Post
    Some things that need to be changed:

* Karhold/ Arnolf Karstark needs to belong to Roose Bolton, they have no intention of fighting for Stannis.

* Last Hearth has declared for Stannis and Should belong to him (though with no troops inside). Most of the Last Hearth SOLDIERS belong to Roose Bolton however.

* Stony sept should belong to either Baelish or Frey, as it is a Riverlands settlement and the Lannisters have no intention of holding it.

* Brightwater Keep still belongs to Stannis (also add Colin Florent as a general there). Garlan Tyrell never got a chance to take it before the Ironmen attacked

* Euron needs more men at the Arbour, he is about to assault Oldtown.

* Raventree needs to be moved back South of the Trident, to where it is normally.

* Add castle Darry if you can.

* The Tyrell force outside Storms End needs to be larger.

* Tyrell force at king's Landing needs to be much larger, at least a full stack each for Tarly and Mace.

* Split house Baelish (with control of Harrenhal, Saltpans Maidenpool , Gulltown, The Sisters, Heart's Home and The Eyrie) and The Lords Declarent (everything Else in the vale)

* A possible way to do this would be to have Harry the Heir as lord of the Lords declerant, and Lord Robert Dead. Lord Petyr could be the leader of House Baelish, and Harry the leader of the Lord's Declerant. It's not exactly in tone with the books but it seems better than having Lord Royce etc blindly follow Petyr.

Things that would make this mod amazing:

* Put some sort of script in place, where Davos aand Rickon spawn at White harbour, (possibly with some sort of unit from Skagos). If possible, make House Manderly cease to exist at this point, and turn over everything they have to Stannis.

* If house Bolton is ended, then have all their lands and generals go over to Stannis.

* Likewise for House Stannis.

* And while we're at it the same for the Lords Declerant and Lord Baelish.

* Make sure Houses Frey, Baelish, Lannister, Tyrell and Bolton are all Vassals to House Tommen, not Allies.
    * Karhold is under the command of the newly formed House Thenn as the only Karstarks in The North have proven traitors to Stannis or are Indisposed.
    * House Umber have made it clear they will not fight each-other so Last Hearth belongs to them not Bolton or Stannis. (If anyone has to have it, it should be Bolton)
    * Stony Sept should be given to House Frey
    * Brightwater Keep belongs to Ser Garlan Tyrell, but is currently being held by Ser Colin Florent. (He is loyal to Stannis)
    * More troops at The Arbor would most likely place House Greyjoy in great debt.
    * Moving Raventree is easier said than done.
    * Adding Castle Darry is easier said than done.
    * The Tyrell force outside Kings Landing is fine as it is and there is little need to give Tyrell more debt at the start of the game.
    * The Lords Declarent have disbanded, giving Lord Baelish years to prove himself. (So there is no Lord Declarent)
    * The Lords Declarent would brake the lore and be utterly overpowered compared to Baelish.
    * There is already a script in place that spawns Davos & Rickon.
    * Any script that hands over a faction needs to be not simply "give everything to stannis" as people want to play House Manderly/Stark. If any script takes place it is in-fact the reforming of House Stark once Winterfell is retaken.
    * You can NOT make factions Vassals of other factions via modding.

1. Sigorn never takes Karhold during the series. Perhaps Karhold could be loyal to Bolton, and garrisoned with a small force, and Sigorn could be nearby with a small force as well, giving Stannis a chance to take the castle.

2. Can Last Hearth at least be an ungarrisoned Rebel Settlement? That way it's pretty much a first come first serve for who controls it. And it fits in with the books, as it is stated that there aren't any men left in the castle.

3. Glad we can agree on something :p

4. In the game it is held by Garlan Tyrell and a large force. Instead, it should be loyal to Stannis, held by Colin Florent, with Garlan Tyrell and his army nearby.

5. ok I'll give you that one.

6. Could it really be that hard to put it were it is in the actual Westeros total War games (honest question)

7. Understandable, but should be done if possible.

8. The Tyrell army at or near King's Landing is supposed to be much larger than the Golden Company, instead, it gets destroyed easily.

9. Ok, I realize that it isn't completely in tune with the books, but the Vale needs to do something. It makes no sense to have Royce, Waynwood, Redfort and the others loyally follow Lord Petyr because they wouldn't do that. As it stands, Lord Petyr has nothing to do but sit in the Eeyrie. While I love Medieval 2 total war, it lacks the political intrigue of games such as Crusader Kings 2. House Arryn has to either attack House Frey and house Lannister, or sit in the Vale and do nothing. If they do choose to attack the Freys, imagine Petyr Baelish leading an attack on the Twins, with Bronze Yohn Royce in tow. Now explain to me how that isn't "breaking the lore". The Lord's Declarent gave Littlefinger one year and that was all. Before then they had threatened him with war.

10. As for The Lord's Declarent being overpowered, I disagree. House Baelish would have Harrenhal, Saltpans, Maidenpool, The Eyrie, Gulltown, Heart's home, and the sisters.
    LD will have Runestone, Longbow Hall, Ironoaks (is that even in the game), The Redfort and Strongsong. Doesn't particularly seem overpowered to me, seems like a fairly even match.
    I'm not saying that we have to kill of Robert, we just need to find a way to have bth factions, which would make the Vale theatre much more interesting in the game.

11. Ok cool. When does it happen?

12. Ok I'll give up on the Manderly Script. But can Stannis at least get Bolton's lands if he kills him and vice-versa?

13. Understandable.

Other points :

14: There should be a script which sees Justin Massey arrive with a large number of sell-swords somewhere (if Stannis is alive).

15: Is there a reason for Jon Connington being the leader of House Targaryen?

16: House Martell should have Areo Hotah as a general and he should have a small force near High Hermitage, as he has set out to hunt Darkstar

17: Erik Ironmaker was left by Euron Greyjoy to rule the Iron Islands, he wasalso married to Asha Greyjoy. Put him at Pyke as a general, and include him in the Greyjoy family tree.

18: Likewise Damion Lannister was left as Castellan of Casterly Rock, he should be in there too.

19: Addam Marbarand should be a Lannister general.

20: Why is Fellwood a Tyrell settlement? It was a stormlands settlement and so should probably belong to house Tommen.

21: Is there any way to make it harder to recruit troops, seems far to easy to do in the devastated riverlands.

22: Why is Raventree sworn to House Arryn and not House Frey, while all the other Riverlands houses are.

23: Paxter Redwyne's Fleet is said to have passed the stepstones, and so he should be put near Dorne.

24: Is there anything about Connington's Greyscale?

25: Why are the Sisters a rebel settlement? They should belong to House Arryn/ Baelish.

26: Winterfell has been torched, and shouldn't have any building left.

27: If possible add Stokeworth as a settlement. It could possibly be a rebel Settlement with Bronn as the general and several sellswords. Just an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty501 View Post
    1. Sigorn never takes Karhold during the series. Perhaps Karhold could be loyal to Bolton, and garrisoned with a small force, and Sigorn could be nearby with a small force as well, giving Stannis a chance to take the castle.

2. Can Last Hearth at least be an ungarrisoned Rebel Settlement? That way it's pretty much a first come first serve for who controls it. And it fits in with the books, as it is stated that there aren't any men left in the castle.

3. Glad we can agree on something :p

4. In the game it is held by Garlan Tyrell and a large force. Instead, it should be loyal to Stannis, held by Colin Florent, with Garlan Tyrell and his army nearby.

5. ok I'll give you that one.

6. Could it really be that hard to put it were it is in the actual Westeros total War games (honest question)

7. Understandable, but should be done if possible.

8. The Tyrell army at or near King's Landing is supposed to be much larger than the Golden Company, instead, it gets destroyed easily.

9. Ok, I realize that it isn't completely in tune with the books, but the Vale needs to do something. It makes no sense to have Royce, Waynwood, Redfort and the others loyally follow Lord Petyr because they wouldn't do that. As it stands, Lord Petyr has nothing to do but sit in the Eeyrie. While I love Medieval 2 total war, it lacks the political intrigue of games such as Crusader Kings 2. House Arryn has to either attack House Frey and house Lannister, or sit in the Vale and do nothing. If they do choose to attack the Freys, imagine Petyr Baelish leading an attack on the Twins, with Bronze Yohn Royce in tow. Now explain to me how that isn't "breaking the lore". The Lord's Declarent gave Littlefinger one year and that was all. Before then they had threatened him with war.

10. As for The Lord's Declarent being overpowered, I disagree. House Baelish would have Harrenhal, Saltpans, Maidenpool, The Eyrie, Gulltown, Heart's home, and the sisters.
    LD will have Runestone, Longbow Hall, Ironoaks (is that even in the game), The Redfort and Strongsong. Doesn't particularly seem overpowered to me, seems like a fairly even match.
    I'm not saying that we have to kill of Robert, we just need to find a way to have bth factions, which would make the Vale theatre much more interesting in the game.

11. Ok cool. When does it happen?

12. Ok I'll give up on the Manderly Script. But can Stannis at least get Bolton's lands if he kills him and vice-versa?

13. Understandable.

Other points :

14: There should be a script which sees Justin Massey arrive with a large number of sell-swords somewhere (if Stannis is alive).

15: Is there a reason for Jon Connington being the leader of House Targaryen?

16: House Martell should have Areo Hotah as a general and he should have a small force near High Hermitage, as he has set out to hunt Darkstar

17: Erik Ironmaker was left by Euron Greyjoy to rule the Iron Islands, he wasalso married to Asha Greyjoy. Put him at Pyke as a general, and include him in the Greyjoy family tree.

18: Likewise Damion Lannister was left as Castellan of Casterly Rock, he should be in there too.

19: Addam Marbarand should be a Lannister general.

20: Why is Fellwood a Tyrell settlement? It was a stormlands settlement and so should probably belong to house Tommen.

21: Is there any way to make it harder to recruit troops, seems far to easy to do in the devastated riverlands.

22: Why is Raventree sworn to House Arryn and not House Frey, while all the other Riverlands houses are.

23: Paxter Redwyne's Fleet is said to have passed the stepstones, and so he should be put near Dorne.

24: Is there anything about Connington's Greyscale?

25: Why are the Sisters a rebel settlement? They should belong to House Arryn/ Baelish.

26: Winterfell has been torched, and shouldn't have any building left.

27: If possible add Stokeworth as a settlement. It could possibly be a rebel Settlement with Bronn as the general and several sellswords. Just an idea.
    I don't have the time to answer all 27 in a neat bullet-point, so i'll just answer the good ones.

Karhold: It's control is a tricky one, if you remove it from Stannis he will be considerably weaker but technically assuming Arnolf Karstark is dead Karhold would be a rebel location until House Thenn gained control, but leaving a army outside Karhold could be useless as the AI may totally ignore it and attempt to return to its own borders. (getting itself killed and leaving Karhold & Last Hearth as fair game for Bolton)
    Brightwater: I was agreeing with you, it should be under Stannis/Rebel control.
    Moving/New: Editing the campaign map to move or add new locations is something that is utterly daunting to anyone that's never done it before, and really is easier said than done.
    Lords Declarant: They were shamed into giving Petyr a year to show his prowess at raising Robert and ruling the Eyrie, and they were disbanded afterwards. IF they return in the future books then a script will be in order otherwise it would be lore-braking due to them having been disbanded and, for now at least, are under control of the Lord of The Eyrie.
    Northern Script: I've already spoken about scripts for the reforming of House Stark a number of times, once again this is something that's not very easy.
    Other Points: There already is a script for Justin Massey arriving with Sellswords. I've personally made Aegon the faction leader of House Targaryen. There is a script that gives Connington grayscale/sickness.

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Oooh that is a lot of points, should you have made them when I was working on this project Im certain I would have changed quite a few things to match some of the suggestions.

1. Bightwater Keep, I had no idea that there were any Florents left alive to be loyal to Stannis.. is this proven and in that case which Chapter, Quote etc? It is a very good point if it can be proved I will likely add this to the next version.

2. Adding settlements is piece of cake easy (for me) however I don't see how Darry would serve a purpose here.. Raventree is north of the River because it should be there acording to the maps I have been using for inspiration to this submod. Basicly I don't want to see the Brackens and The Blackwoods in the same faction so I gave Raventree to Petyr Baelish..

3. Stoney Sept could aswell belong to Lannisters as a base for Daven Lannister who is fighting for the crown in the Riverlands.. It is only natural that parts of the Riverlands is divided between different factions to represent that there have been a war there. For example Tyrell (Maidenpool) is another way of doing it..

4. The FL/Heir system is made so that young leaders like Aegon, Tommen, Robert, Martyn will have the opertunity to be married and get heirs of their own.. If you think about it reversing it so that Jon Connington, Daven Lannister, Petyr Baelish, Jaime Lannister are heirs is to much ****ed up.. don't you agree?

And I find it interesting that you ask about such thing that you can notice easily by playing the mod Monty.. For example you have mentioned/suggested every script that is in the game.. if you would have played for example Targaryen you would have noticed that Jon gets greyscale at turn... 5 or something like that.. and same thing with Rickon/Davos/Devan/Justin..

And once again to be clear, there is not likely that I will work on this for a while due to IRL activities taking up a lot of time and that I work on a new project of my own and try and help out with the FaB 0.8 release as much as posssible..

Thanks for your interest in my little submod! ^^
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

It's a very impressive little submod

1. I generally use the wiki for stuff like this, and it tends to be 99% reliable.

Pretty much all the living Florents are still loyal to Stannis

Other than Ser Axell Florent and Queen Selyse Florent (who are at the Nightfort or Castle Black) their Castle of Brightwater Keep remains loyal to Stannis, under the command of the late Lord Alester's youngest brother, Ser Colin (trivia fact: Edric Storm's grandfather). Ser Garlan Tyrell has been made Lord of Brightwater Keep by the Iron Throne and was preparing to take the castle, when The Ironborn attacked the Reach he instead began raising an army against the Greyjoys, leaving the castle alone.

Other Florents are the new Lord, Lord Alekyne, who has fled to Oldtown, where his sister is married to the Lord. And Ser Erren Florent was sent during a clash of kings to get the Tyrells to declare for Stannis, he was imprisoned at Highgarden and has remained there since.

Sources:
    http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Brightwater_Keep
    http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Garlan_Tyrell
    http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/House_Florent
    http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Colin_Florent
    http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Alekyne_Florent
    http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Erren_Florent

2. The maps vary on this. Eg: http://awoiaf.westeros.org/images/e/...f_westeros.jpg

But to me it just doesn't make sense for Blackwood and Bracken to have so many feuds over borders, when there is conveniently an enormous river in the way to divide up the land. It makes much more sense if they're right next to each other.

3. Daven Lannister has finished fighting and the next logical step would be to give it up, however, I doubt we can rely on the AI to do this.

4. Can we have the likes of Tommen and Aegon as King then have no heir (because realisticly, if Aegon died would Jon Connington call himself King?).

5. Yeah sorry about that. Nice work though.

i think this is actually a OUTSTANDING idea.
    i am shocked it isnt more popular.
    i just think you need to finishing skinning. Maybe merge with the game of throne show mod - as their map is more up to date.

SPOILER
    And some elephants, if you read GRR Martins new releases there are some in there.

Otherwise THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Deska140's Avatar Tiro

Aegon, have you looked one page back ? ;p Most of the skins are uploaded there.
    Manderly and Targ faction still has some issues (most of Manderly and generals for Targ).

Maybe we can ask Prophet to upload Manderly skins again when he'll have some free time.

I'm not giving up on the Lord's Declarent.

Here's a preview of what it could basically look like:

House Baelish:[FIELDSET2][CONTENTBOX]
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    [/CONTENTBOX][/FIELDSET2]

Leader: Lord Petyr Baelish

Heir:
    Lord Robert Arryn

Capital: Harrenhal/ The Eyrie

Settlements: Harrenhal, The Eyrie, Gulltown, Saltpans, Maidenpool, Sisterton, Heart's Home

Generals: Petyr Baelish, Robert Arryn, Nestor Royce, Lyonel Corbray, Lyn Corbray, Harlan Hunter, Gerold Grafton, Triston Sunderland, Bonifer Hasty, Quincy Cox and William Mooton.

Colours: Green with White Outline

Lord's Declarent/ House Royce/ House Hardyng (plenty of possible names):

Banner: Same as current House Arryn

Colours: Same as current House Arryn

Leader:
    Yohn Royce

Heir:
    Harrold Hardyng

Capital:
    Runestone

Settlements: Runestone, Longbow Hall, Redfort, Coldwater, Strongsong, Ironoaks (if you want to add it to give them another castle)

Generals:
    Bronze Yohn Royce, Andar Royce, Harrold Hardyng, Gilwood Hunter, Horton Redfort, Mychel Redfort, Benedar Belmore, Royce Coldwater, Morton Waynwood (if you include Ironoaks)The units should both be pretty much the same as the current Arryn set, but with the Lords declarent having more of an emphasis on Knights of the vale etc, and House Baelish having more of an emphasis on mercenaries, hedge knights and freeriders.
    This is much better than the current system because it adds a whole new dynamic to the game in the Vale. Both sides may look to allies for assistance, especially in hotseats, where the Lord's Declarent may pledge fealty to Aegon or Stannis, in order to win the Vale.
    The factions probabl shouldn't start off at war with each other, but they should have a very low relationship, which should lead to a war relatively quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Deska140 View Post
    So here it is guys, I hope it will work for you.
    The rar contains the skins for all factions - credit goes to Prophet,Badger Dude and Eoghan Wolfkin
    The banners for all factions - credit goes to their creator - Fire And Blood submod.
    The faction descriptions in main menu - credit goes to SoulGamesInc(I took majority of the content for descriptions from watching his review)
    and for me, partially(I know I overestimated House of Tommen but otherwise it would be too pessimistic ;DD).

Simply put the data folder in your main WindsOfWinter folder and delete campaign_descriptions.txt.strings.bin in the \data\text after you copied the files to avoid problems.
    Write back as soon as possible 'cause I tried it only on my computer.

http://www.mediafire.com/?f7mq46mi9077ucn

Also, don't mind my grammar errors ;p English is not my native language and I was in kind of haste, when I wrote the descriptions
    ^ Original Bundle posted by Deska, download this first for the banners and faction descriptions then place my updated unit_models file into Data and overwrite the old one.

Here is a slight update to the unit skins bundle that Deska140 uploaded. I've added Targaryen skins to the best of my ability and 98% of their stuff should be skinned, only Outriders are missing and you'll find that Generals Bodyguards (Depending on their Armour/Experience level) may be missing skin but their horses should always be skinned, it's an overall improvement from the Renly Skins if you ask me. House Manderly is still largely Un-Skinned, all credit for the skins goes to their creators... Prophet, Badger Dude, Eoghan Wolfkin and anyone else i may be missing out. (All i did was move some files around)

https://mega.co.nz/#!VoogQYiR!YARPKC...NXHF3GA3jMNX0Y

Installation: Unzip the file and place the unit_models file into the following path - C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval 2\mods\WindsOfWinter\data - place it inside the data file and yes, overwrite/replace it when asked.

Deska140's Avatar Tiro

How nice of you Soul ;p
    I'll check it when I will be back home

Deska140's Avatar Tiro

Has anyone any idea how could I port Stark spearmen skins to Manderly in WoW(sry for double post)?

Btw anyway house frey could not be loosing money from the start of the game? Or is there a reason behind it?

Deska140's Avatar Tiro

Another question - why Ramsay has no surname in the game ?
    I think it was pretty clear that he was legitimized ?

I Believe it is because when he becomes the faction leader he will inherit the trait Bolton, Lord of the Dreadfort from Roose meaning if his name was Ramsay Bolton it would then be Ramsay Bolton Bolton, Lord of the Dreadfort. But that is just my theory behind the logic, not sure if its correct.

However, if you want to fix it just go into the folder named expanded located in data then text and look down till you find this {EMT_SCOTLAND_FACTION_HEIR_NAME}%S

and replace it with {EMT_SCOTLAND_FACTION_HEIR_NAME}%S Bolton.

Deska140's Avatar Tiro

Nice of you to respond Nightwolf.
    A minor thing but I like it better like that. ;p

Petroniu's Avatar Domesticus

Any screenshots about this? How does the campaign map look with the changes and things like that?
    RTWRM - back to basics

On page 6 soul has posted a link to a map preview, if you want to check that out. I also believe there is a screenshot of a manderly campaign on page 4,and it is at turn 250.

just tryed this and have to say i like the portraits youve included but their are some major issues with the auto resolve battle feature as its far to one sided.

good first attempt
    Last edited by mortem et gloria; April 30, 2013 at 01:48 PM.