SuicidalBrownie's Avatar Civis
    Beautiful city of Utrecht, The Netherlands

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] WindsOfWinter Version 0.51 [Patched]

sounds good! have some +rep

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention"
    Ramsay Snow

Deska140's Avatar Tiro

So here it is guys, I hope it will work for you.
    The rar contains the skins for all factions - credit goes to Prophet,Badger Dude and Eoghan Wolfkin
    The banners for all factions - credit goes to their creator - Fire And Blood submod.
    The faction descriptions in main menu - credit goes to SoulGamesInc(I took majority of the content for descriptions from watching his review)
    and for me, partially(I know I overestimated House of Tommen but otherwise it would be too pessimistic ;DD).

Simply put the data folder in your main WindsOfWinter folder and delete campaign_descriptions.txt.strings.bin in the \data\text after you copied the files to avoid problems.
    Write back as soon as possible 'cause I tried it only on my computer.

http://www.mediafire.com/?f7mq46mi9077ucn

Also, don't mind my grammar errors ;p English is not my native language and I was in kind of haste, when I wrote the descriptions
    Last edited by Deska140; April 18, 2013 at 02:34 PM.

Thanks so much man ima try it once I get home!

Hey everything seems to be working fine the only thing that didn't get reskinned was Targ Generals. They seem to be in Renly's skin. Once again thanks

Deska140's Avatar Tiro

That's good to hear, I have managed to correct most of my grammar in faction descriptions but I don't think that it is so important to upload ;p

Works fine Deska, just two problems...

1) Targaryen Skins are Renly (This could be because Targaryen is Spain in Winds&Winter and Byzantine in both Blackfyre & FireAndBlood Sub-Mods) - A simple fix, i just changed it myself.
    2) It seems to remove a number of Manderly Skins, namely on the Dismounted Feudal Knights (Armored Swordsmen) - A simple fix again, i am about to do it myself.

Otherwise thanks for doing 99.99% of the work for me mate, you deserve some rep for the time at the very least. (I never give out Rep, enjoy it while it lasts... haha)

Deska140's Avatar Tiro

Soul,could you upload your Manderly skins alone here ?
    The feudal guys were always missing for me and I assumed that's general issue but it seems I was wrong...

I will then merge this with all we've got so far + no Renly general and we will have a last fix for now ;p

gangstamaori's Avatar Miles

I am missing a few Manderly skins too. All the skin fixes should be merged and uploaded

Quote Originally Posted by Deska140 View Post
    Soul,could you upload your Manderly skins alone here ?
    The feudal guys were always missing for me and I assumed that's general issue but it seems I was wrong...

I will then merge this with all we've got so far + no Renly general and we will have a last fix for now ;p
    The large amount of the Manderly units are not skinned. But the Armored Swordsmen where before replacing the unit_models with yours, and i plan to (when i get the time) simply give them Stark skins rather than leave them blank as i was finding it hard to find the manderly skin in the first place, but it was late last night. If you havent already done it yourself by the time i get around to doing it, I'll be sure to upload it all etc.

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Nice work Deska! if I decide to keep developing this submod I will include this in the next patch! However I am busy with scool, helping badger with FaB and my new projekt
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Deska140's Avatar Tiro

Soul,it would be nice for you to upload the upaded rar with correct Targ generals and Stark-rekinned missing Manderlys.You could also include levy northmen for Stannis.
    Korps, you can release this as path when Soul will upload the corrected version of rar I posted here before.I don't think it would take that much of your time ;pp

Yes of course mate! If there is any other small fixes that needs to be added just let me know!

Deska140's Avatar Tiro

I just simply uploaded what I did for myself some time ago ;p
    When Corbett asked for help I just had to ;p
    People should have as biggest fun from your mod as possible.
    I don't think Badger would mind using skins from his mod to an official path since I think you get along with him ;p

I'll work on it over the weekend.

Basically just adding some Stark skins to House Manderly as replacements for their units that are totally missing skins along with some House Targaryen units that still have Renly skins, as you said Deska i will try to give the Levy Northmen for Stannis some Stark skins to replace the shiny sliver they are sporting at the second. Badgers a nice guy, as-long as you inform him and give credit where its due etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    Badgers a nice guy, as-long as you inform him and give credit where its due etc.
    I will do no such thing..

Jokes aside, he is properly credited at the opening post for a lot of things I think.. Im currently working with him on FaB 0.8 so he owes me, my eyes are bleeding from all the pixel editiing I have to put up with

And to be clear Prophet is the guy who makes all the skins for both FaB and the Manderly/Golden Company ones. Not sure about Blackfyre.. Basicly all credit should go to him! And in the future I think you will get best response from him regarding questions about skins!

Quote Originally Posted by Korpskog View Post
    Prophet is the guy who makes all the skins for both FaB and the Manderly/Golden Company ones. Not sure about Blackfyre
    Yeah. Prophet is the head honcho of skins. I believe the Targ skins in the Blackfyre Sub-Mod came from Rivers&Hills? (The rebels at Dragonstone) Not sure.

Speaking of Targaryen Skins, the rebel general at Dragonstone in Rivers&Hills has a simply awesome skin that would look sweet for Aegon.

Deska140's Avatar Tiro

Indeed, I saw the pics but I never actually went to Dragonstone in Rivers & Hills ;p

Soul,it would be nice for you to upload the upaded rar with correct Targ generals and Stark-rekinned missing Manderlys
    I'm having trouble giving the Manderlys the Stark Skins so i turned my focus to getting Targaryen done, its generals are now Targaryen rather than Renly although his bodyguards are un-skinned for some reason, also i have swapped around the rest as-best i could with my limited experience. I'm sure i could work it all out given a while, but with recording&editing all day i don't have much spare time to do so.

I can upload what i have done if it helps, but i am sure you could do it yourself with little effort by the time i get around to it.

Deska140's Avatar Tiro

The problem is that I have no idea what files represent each unit.
    I could easly port entire faction skins but for one unit I haven't done that before.
    I believe I could do It with a trial and error method but I don't have that much time today.

I think the world will not end tomorrow so easy ;p

I could do It with a trial and error method but I don't have that much time today.
    The Trial and Error tactic has yet to fail me. In all seriousness my experience with skins is laughable, i am far better at the easy stuff like editing text files...

I've replaced the Horse Skins from Renly to Targaryen for every unit and the riders for the cavalry are also Targaryen skinned. (Not the Outrider unit for some reason) The Generals and Captains are Targaryen but the Generals bodyguards are Un-Skinned, whereas the Captains bodyguards ARE skinned. Otherwise all the Targaryen units are skinned. House Manderly on the other-hand refused to take the Stark Skins and i quickly gave up because i just don't have the time or know-how to find whats wrong. (Just need somebody that knows what they are doing to 1: Give Manderly some Stark Skins, or 2: Make some Manderly Skins... somebody call Prophet!)