Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: [RELEASED SUBMOD] WindsOfWinter Version 0.51 [Patched]

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] WindsOfWinter/301AL Version 0.5 [Major Spoilers]

@Korpskog - Re: CTDs

This is exactly the reaction I had with FaB 0.7 and 0.71 - it seemed to crash for half the people, and in odd circumstances.

Perhaps we can try and work out what we have both done that might cause it?

I highly doubt it is the twins thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Red Viper View Post
    Did you launch with the batch file?
    Yes

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

The heir/factionleader situation is aranged so that tommen/martyn/aegon/robert arryn can have heirs of their own in the future. All of the "regents" have unique epithet traits so it really does not make any difference. This is the best way if you dont want to see rolly duckfield as targaryen FL or Loras Tyrell as king on the ironthrone

yeah badger we have to get to the bottom of these CTD's
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Deska140's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    Skins could easily be used from the Fire&Blood/Blackfyre Sub-Mods if permission is gained
    As I said before - I did it for myself to increase my gameplay experience. If Korpskog has the permission, it would take a little amount of time to do it
    (about 20 mins for me as for my low and basic abilities, with figuring everything up).However there's still some problem with lack of all of Porphet's skins of House Manderly.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Interesting, zero crashes in the game in 250 turns, loved how slow some Manderly family members were, needless to say a few of the starting generals never left the north hahaha.

House Bolton was crushed easily. I think they may need more men? Perhaps in Dreadfort? My conquest just resulted in taking winterfell and the dread fort in 5-10 turns
    House Frey even easier. Their allies turned on them once i took the northern lands.
    Lannister was a tough cookie, they had several armies hitting me on all sides. Iron Islands were also taking by Lannisters. Greyjoy died quite early, nothing to do with me, Pyke became a rebel settlement, So I think the family were killed.
    Tyrell had Conquered most of Dorne and had defeated the Targareyens giving them most of the Stormlands by the time i reached them, Lucky for Stannis and whoever rules Dorne now that I am kind and gave them there respective lands back, when my armies arrived in Dorne house Martell only held Skyreach.

The lone wolf and his some 10000 men (10 armies, normal Troop sizes) are planning on returning home now after a successful Revenge story.

State of westeros in game atm.
    Stannis is at war with Tommen,
    Martell are at war with Tommen,
    Arryn are at war with Tommen,
    Manderly is at peace

Prophet1331's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Deska140 View Post
    As I said before - I did it for myself to increase my gameplay experience. If Korpskog has the permission, it would take a little amount of time to do it
    (about 20 mins for me as for my low and basic abilities, with figuring everything up).However there's still some problem with lack of all of Porphet's skins of House Manderly.

Which skins are missing from the submod ?
    Some battles are won with swords and spears, others with quills and ravens. Tywin Lannister

vozd's Avatar Vicarius

I have CTD every time I try to start new game with any of factions, but I continue Autosave which was in game folder and works fine with every faction. o.O

Deska140's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet1331 View Post
    Which skins are missing from the submod ?
    As for me, it's most of them for House Manderly. Can't import them, because this is "their" first submod ;p
    The only ones I have working is dismounted men at arms, dismounted knights of the reach, pike milita, yronwood swordsmen, archers (dornish and the byzantium style ones).
    Don't renember how on cavarly but I'm pretty sure that dornish kinghts are working, but the normal knights are not.

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

A lot of things need to be fixed

I know that if I was the submod leader I would not release the submod before I checked that the submod is working properly:
    1) checking that there are no frequent CTD's
    2) checking that all the new added units and skins and AoR units are all in the game, functioning and working properly
    3) checking for financial, military and power stability

I suggest you check all of those properly, and then when you have a working and functioning game release it to the public. no-body wants to wait as long as we are waiting for the 1.0 version, but I know that I would definetly not mind waiting even 2 months until a 1.0 version of this submod is released. I can give stabilizing tips btw if you want any

I would've even contacted some experienced modders ( as Dux ) and release the game to him before I release it to the public, to try and give tips and even stabilize the game himself

I would've loved it if this game was like Korah, but right now it is kinda unfinished

Good luck Korps, I can't wait to join the hotseat of this submod and rip you to pieces once you release a stabled version xD

eljay244's Avatar Laetus

I'm getting the same issue as others, the mod runs fine until the faction selection screen and then when selecting a faction and a new game it crashes. hope its fixed soon as the mods looks very interesting

I apreaciate the tips but it is kind of hard solveing a CTD that you dont experience yourself at any point.. What I could use is logs from the people who get the CTD's when launching a campaign since the crashes seem to be very frequent for some and non existing for others.

The campaign itself is not finnished and that is why I released this version to the public! All suggestions so far have been great and will be dealt with.

As for the skins.. I have not checked any of them except Manderly and Golden Company. I will have a look at this later since it is a low priority for me at the moment. The CTD's are number 1 problem. Im sure Prophet and Badger wont mind me or you using their work as long as it is credited properly!

To answer prophets question, I have used youngbloods as base so I presume most of your stuffs is missing :p

And nice campaign zaracassie! glad to see that someone is able to enjoy the gameplay!

can i got a link or description on which string or map files to dealte thank youu!!

zburanuki's Avatar Ducenarius

I got CTD in turn 85 everytime I click next turn with house Targaryen. In fact, i click next turn and immediately a tommen army attacks me and then i get the CTD.

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

I got those CTD's when starting as well but I fixed it. In descr_strat I changed all rebel generals (captains) to named characters and now it works. No idea why this fixed it but my trace log told me that the last thing that was loaded was the portrait of Gerold Dayne and these characters come right after him.

Oh that could be it, since it ended with portraits I allways figured the crash had something to do with the campaign_script that is at the bottom of descr_strat! Thanks a lot man, hopefully this does the trick for everybody else until I have time to clean the strat up myself and reupload!

I've tried the same thing and now it works!

It works aswell for me, I think that it may be because the next general after Gerold Dayne in the descr_stratBU has the same traits and things as Gerold Dayne, I have no idea about this things but it could be that

I have no idea how to do that. can someone explain please( i looked around the desc_strat file at the end but i just dont get it)

Quote Originally Posted by RayFinkle View Post
    I have no idea how to do that. can someone explain please( i looked around the descr_strat file at the end but i just dont get it)
    You have to search that descr_strat file, open it and look for Gerald Dayne, then you have to find the generals after him ( the Reeds and followings ) and you can either erase them (which worked for me) or type them as "named character", if you don't want to complicate it too much just erase them, and then I think you have to do the same in the other file called descr_stratBU file, find Gerold Dayne and erase or edit the characters after him, at least this worked for me. Good luck!