Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: [RELEASED SUBMOD] WindsOfWinter Version 0.51 [Patched]

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] WindsOfWinter/301AL Version 0.5 [Major Spoilers]

Crashes aren't fixed for me. I followed these steps:

Extract archive
    Change to windowed mode
    Delete map.rwm and string.bin files

Anybody has an idea?

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

It seems this is the season for CTDs!

I have even had CTDs when starting KoraH campaigns...

It must be a plague on TWC

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Sorry i have no idea whatsoever at the moment. Some people report no crashes at all and some people experience constant crashes. However at first I thought it could have something to do with the campaign_script, however now I am completly lost...
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

For once I'm the person NOT getting CTDs!...

Just wanted to point out some things I've noticed about the mod so far. (I've only gotten around to playing the following two factions)

HOUSE TARGARYEN: Aegon Targaryen should be the Faction Leader of House Targaryen, he should also not have the trait "Dreaded Farther" as his farther was very noble, don't listen to Robert Baratheons drunken lies!. Jon Connington should simply have his own family tree away from Aegon not be the Faction Leader, he also needs more Command as he is a proven battle commander and his years in exile have only made him more dangerous. If Danny is going to be in the game make her arrive at some point. (Maybe if Aegon takes Kings Landing) Having her as a simple useless princess in Aegons family tree that you can marry off kinda kills the lore for me a little.

HOUSE MANDERLY/STARK: Rickon Starks return is a major point effecting the fate of The North, and yet from what i can tell he returns as a simple General with no "Of Stark Blood" and no way to rebuild House Stark without adopting him (That makes his name "Rickon Manderly Stark, The Lone Wolf") and killing off all the Manderlys. Maybe a script similar to how The Free Peoples turn into Arnor in Third Age is in order? (I've no clue how hard that would be...)

I've not had time to really enjoy this as-much as i would like, but overall i am liking it so far. (The points above is just me thinking out-load really) EDIT: Nice work so far by the way.

zburanuki's Avatar Ducenarius

so far the only CTDs i 've encountered were when i qiut a game and choose a new faction, but that doesn't seems to me like a disturbing bug. as for the factions, i have played as the targs and the martells and everything seems ok. as for the targ faction leadet that soul mentioned, i think that it's not that important have conington as a leader or as a simple general, but i do agree that the ''dreaded father'' trait should be removed.

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Wow. What a very special credit xD

I suggest hold off the release for a week or so, no need to rush things up. Check that no crashes are happening, try to balance the characters and cities a little (delete extra settlements who in my opinion are too much, like Dyre Den in FaB for example)

Give every faction at least two Night Fighting 5 stars generals, to balance the game a little more. Add Prophets skins, there are so many of them!

Add special AoR units like in FaB and Korah

I suggest you listen to Dux and ask for his advice, perhaps let him work on it a little to balance things out, and you will have a submod equal to Korah someday
    Or maybe you can give me a shot at balancing (not modding of course, as I suck at that) . Just give you a list of things that I can picture to make the game enjoyable and more like Korah. I say for example, the 1-3 5 star night fighter generals in Korah for each faction-

Storm: Durranion and Alesander
    Mudd: Tristifer and Tully
    Lann: Lancel and Kevan and Reyne
    Yronwood: Dayne and Anders
    Bolton: Domeric and the prince
    Stark: Beron and Brandon

You get me probably

Anyway, I'll download the game as soon as the crashes things stop occuring and when a stable version is released.

Good luck Korps!

Also, edit the OP and make it more Korah style- show pictures of special units for each faction, selection screen and such. Should create more entusiasm to the game
    Last edited by Uriyaca; March 16, 2013 at 04:42 PM.

irishviking5's Avatar Decanus

looks like a cool sub mod but crashes to much for me to play. hope you are able to sort everything out.

Quote Originally Posted by zburanuki View Post
    i think that it's not that important have conington as a leader or as a simple general
    Not so much about it being Important but i am a stickler for lore and Connington is not the leader of House Targaryen. I like Jon as a character and i don't like the idea of him having to die for Aegon to become my Faction Leader. That's why i think Conninton should simply have his own family tree showing his father Armond Connington and his cousin's (Ser Ronald) son Ser Ronnet both dead with his two siblings and bastard child alive as Raymund Connington, Ronald Storm and Alynne Connington. Jon Conninton should also have much better Command. He's a capable warrior and commander. His years spent in exile have made him more cautious, more seasoned, and according to Kevan Lannister more dangerous. EDIT: I highly recommend adding HouseMember Traits into the game at some point.

Ser Ronnet Connington, also known as Red Ronnet, is the Knight of Griffin's Roost. He swore he is Tommen's man and would prove it with his sword by bringing the Council the head of his cousin and this Targaryen pretender, the council decided to put him under guard until they march on the Golden Company where he will be given a chance to prove his loyalty. Raymund Connington is the younger brother of Ronnet and Alynne Connington is his younger sister while Ronald Storm is the bastard son of Ser Ronnet. All three are taken captive by Jon Conninton when he takes Griffin's Roost. (Jon has no intention of harming them, unless Ronnet forces his hand)

Shouldn't Last Hearth be under the control of Stannis? I believe that Mors Crowfood declared for Stannis.

zburanuki's Avatar Ducenarius

The Umbers are divided, so I think that Last Hearth is correctly a rebel settlement.

The new link don't let me download unless I download Google Chrome. Is there another link for the new version?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Viper View Post
    The new link don't let me download unless I download Google Chrome. Is there another link for the new version?
    Both the links at the opening post are the same version. I think the mediafire one works without crome!

I asked because I can't play at all, I thought you had a new version. I deleted all the string files, is there something else I can try?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Viper View Post
    I asked because I can't play at all, I thought you had a new version. I deleted all the string files, is there something else I can try?
    The version that are linked at the opening post is the newest version with less errors. Some persons report no CTD's and some people report a lot of CTD's. So far I have no clue of a solution Im afraid.

Crashes before I even get to the splash screen :s

I re-installed and it seems to work now. The mod looks great! I have two questions: Jaime Lannister is part of Tommen's faction which I really like, but he is the faction leader, why? And why is Jon Connington faction leader of the Targs?

Deska140's Avatar Tiro

Well, I played a while again and I've got no CTD's to report.
    I deleted string files before the first gameplay of the latest version

Well I downloaded the latest version, deleted the string files and still every time I click on play when selecting a faction it crashes...

Quote Originally Posted by Fürst Frederic View Post
    Well I downloaded the latest version, deleted the string files and still every time I click on play when selecting a faction it crashes...
    Did you launch with the batch file?

I've not had any problems with CTDs.

But i do have some issues game-play wise to report... (most of this i have easily corrected by editing the files myself) I've mainly been playing as Targaryen.

HOUSE TARGARYEN:
    *Aegon Targaryen not being the Faction Leader of House Targaryen, and having the Dreaded Farther trait. (I made him Faction Leader with the ChivalryLegacy Trait)
    *Jon Connington being the Faction Leader of House Targaryen, and not having the command level he should. (I made him a General with much better Command)
    *Daenerys Targaryen being in the game as nothing more than a non-player controlled princess. (I made her a Usable Princess)
    *Aegon Targaryen having no mention of his possible Blackfyre blood. (I made a Trait called Red or Black, "His men and the smallfolk alike whisper behind this mans back, is he a Red Dragon or a Black? A dangerous question, one best kept to yourself..."
    *House Targaryen being to weak. (I gave them a fair amount of units, in order to pay for the service of the Golden Company Aegon will need to take much of The Stormlands in order to keep his men happy)
    *House Targaryen is in almost all case's still called House Renly, and still has Renlys skins for Generals. (I changed some text files to make it into Targaryen rather than Renly. Skins could easily be used from the Fire&Blood/Blackfyre Sub-Mods if permission is gained)

HOUSE TOMMEN:
    *Jaime Lannister being Faction Leader of House Tommen. He has NO claim to The Iron Throne. (I made him Heir and gave him a dead Cersei as his Wife in order to stop him having Children)
    *Tommen not being the Faction Leader of House Tommen. (I made him Faction Leader)

HOUSE MANDERLY:
    *There appears to be no way to reform House Stark. (A script like the one in Third Age when The Free Peoples turn into Arnor would work, if it is at all possible)

Nothing major, (other than the House Stark Reforming) just small nuggets that i think need changing in future versions.