Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223

Thread: [RELEASED SUBMOD] WindsOfWinter Version 0.51 [Patched]

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] WindsOfWinter Version 0.51 [Patched]

Not yet. Have to say that I'm not a 3D-artist at all, so those models are not made by me. Since my project is one-man mod about 6 years in work I have to do every aspect myself, and making good quality unit models requires many time to learn and a talent to that. So I spent my time to learn the rest parts of modding, and all 6 years I was searching for open sources which I'd like to include into my mod. Best style units are from TWoW by Lord Hamilton, he is a genious! But as you understand - all those resources are for medieval Europe, so I had to edit them somehow for Westeros. I had about 10 people during those 6 years who did that job for me and I still haven't constant modeller to finish that job.
    All models I place here are avaliable on twc in different open sources or released mods that I was given permission. Here are some examples
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Ironborn (the best I ever saw - those are from older version of german project, I had permission from them and I have permission from CoW team which original model they're are based on)

Iron Captains

Merman Guard
    Northern noble lords
    Trident knights
    Stark household
    Minor northern lords

Yronwood bannermen (shields to be redone)
    Liddle champions (outstanding sword model from Mtyh TW)
    Northern bannermen
    Thenn BG
    Northern mountain clans chieftans

Once again - all models are taken from modern mods, so they have good quality, but my only PC where I can work has integrated videocard, that's why screens are so poor.

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

Main menu gives main mood.
    Last edited by bitterhowl; December 20, 2021 at 06:12 AM.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by bitterhowl View Post
    I had about 10 people during those 6 years who did that job for me and I still haven't constant modeller to finish that job.
    LOL
    Thats the story of my life as well . Had really lot of people on Unofficial patch to make models, bot none regularly..

Anyways, great work.

Though, doesnt WTW 1.0 have many great models? And then there is of course lot of great models in FaB and AoPK? I would have thought those 3 mods combined would cover your needs...

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Btw, what are the goals of your submod anyways, a list of features perhaps? I dont see any info on that anywhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    LOL
    Thats the story of my life as well . Had really lot of people on Unofficial patch to make models, bot none regularly..

Anyways, great work.

Though, doesnt WTW 1.0 have many great models? And then there is of course lot of great models in FaB and AoPK? I would have thought those 3 mods combined would cover your needs...
    You're right, I got permission from Westeros 1.0 now, the best models for my goals and my vision of this universe.

At present moment I'm working on KoRaH reboot, first release in Russian will come very soon (with vanilla based models dedicated to great original stuff) and then there will be KoRaH version with modern looking models (already got necessary amount) but they belong to another epoch and a little bit different visual. So editing needed too.

And then I'll return to Winds of Winter, with scripts and mechanics and BAI/CAI polished on previous releases to give ultimate performance.