Thread: [Consumable Products] Mountain Dew

Default [Consumable Products] Mountain Dew

Thought I was joking?

Name:
    Mountain Dew
    Company: PepsiCo Inc.
    Price: Varies (usually under 5$ at most locations dependent on size)

I found out about Mountain Dew many years ago, I doubt I can remember exactly when. I know all my friends drank it and I drank it with them. From what I understood, at the time, this was the soda of the "cool kids". I have liked it since. Having lots of different flavors especially around the release of new games. Making this an all around great soda even if you don't personally like the base flavor. Drinking some of this while playing video games or having snack foods completely compliments the flavor. Very sweet. Mountain Dew tastes great cold or in a cup with ice, however if drank without ice or if the soda itself is a bit lukewarm the sweet flavor can really overwhelm. This in turn also, through experience, gives a heavy aftertaste that really just needs to be washed down with water as soon as possible, especially since it makes my mouth very sticky when consumed that way. Well, Mountain Dew is just generally sticky, if you spill it you will seriously regret it.

Mountain Dew Flavors

The soda is usually packaged in a green (depending on flavor) with some semi-elaborate designs of mountains with a nice, intense logo. The packaging itself can vary depending on the current promotion. Hell, if I remember correctly I remember seeing Master Chief on one of mine awhile back. The base soda has rather cloudy green coloration and smells very sweet, fairly strong. Depending on the flavor Mountain Dew can even be colored the other classic red ("Code Red"), orange, blue, purple, and even white! All having the very sweet and fairly strong smell and flavor. I can say from personal experience though, some of the different flavors like the white ("White Out") and the Orange one's ("LiveWire") flavors were hugely overwhelming for me, even while cold. They were way too sweet, even more so than the base flavor.

Overall, Mountain Dew is a great soda to have from time to time and an amazing snack. Just make sure you have it cold! I would, and will, certainly buy this soda again and again. I would recommend it to any soda drinker, and gamer at any time. Though, gaming is just something it is associated with, a gamer can drink tea too? Sodaism.

Do you Do the Dew? What a question!

Default Re: [Consumable Products] Mountain Dew

All I can say is enjoy while you are young and burning off all that sugar heh..

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Thanks for the review, although personally I have never been a fan.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

mrmouth's Avatar flaxen haired argonaut

Yeah this stuff makes my teeth feel gritty and sticky after drinking it. Never been a huge fan.
    The fascists of the future will be called anti-fascists
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity

necronox's Avatar ▬▬ι═══════- -═══════ιι▬

Same, however, here in aus, it's dirt cheap (usually around $2 mark for 2l), a lot of people have it, however, in terms of taste and all, well, taste is fine, but then the sugar gets in, you get sticky mouth and all, well. overall, i'm not a fan

Arbitrary Crusader's Avatar Praefectus

Ack, never did full like it, way much sugar for me.

Also, your Mountain Dew flavors are not showing, at least to me.

But nice review, I, at least, can get an idea on what the other Dew taste like without drinking them

♪ Now it's over, I'm dead and I haven't done anything that I want, or I'm still alive and there's nothing I want to do

Voodo chile's Avatar Campidoctor

You might have to note that different countries, although marketed under the Pepsico brand, have slight variations of ingredients. I've personally never experienced mountain dew to have a more sugary taste than any other drink. I buy it and pepsi because of the cheaper price at a particular supermarket - Average at $1 per can in a 6 pack or as low as 60c on sale
    New Zealand Coke a Cola is apparently different than the parallel imported Vietnamese Coke, under the same name.
    Last edited by Voodo chile; March 18, 2013 at 04:09 AM.

mrmouth's Avatar flaxen haired argonaut

Your sodas might very well be made with cane sugar instead of corn syrup, so you wouldn't notice the difference.
    The fascists of the future will be called anti-fascists
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity