Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: !!! 3.5 Open Beta - Released !!!

Default Re: !!! 3.5 Open Beta - Released !!!

I think we should use them as line infantry,because we all saw zouves in line formation. This can create antipathy to the mod. We may vote this. Of course,I confirm the majority's decision.

Edit: I am too late
    ------ An American Civil War Modification for Total War : Shogun 2 ------

I duplicated individual models for each weapon type, attached appropriate bayonet and gave it an individual skin, so units can have all miss rifles, or enfields and so on.

Correction to my last: Thus it may be worth reconsidering TO NOT have ALL the zouaves as skirmishers, and also ONLY having zouaves as skirmishers (aside from the sharpshooters).

In short, having all zouaves as small skirmishing units reflects does not reflect the use of zouaves in the US civil war.

My post on the previous page was a bit confusing to read, so I edited it so that it's a bit clearer.

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

Ah I see...well, the current formations are in now, and since I don't know if anyone will be working seriously on the mod in the near future, I can't say how and if anything is going to be changed. I know we did put some units that weren't formally zouave to skirmish function too, but not sure if we (we being Minas and I, when we were working on units) left any zouave unit as line infantry. Anyway...sent you the dev version, so you can have a look yourself how things function now. Unless someone gets into coding again seriously, then all our discussions are moot anyway and currently there's a heck of a lot more unfinished things in game, than just the zouave issue...

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

excuse me gents, but can one of you please give a ACW deprived person a hand. I started getting everything installed at 2 am last night so I could play 3.5. and I did. eventually. but anyways my problem is that I cant seem to get ZoR to work. I honestly think imight have deleted it from the check files tab. along with one other thing. ive re ran the setup many times. and now im all screwed up. because when that starts, the icons for the buttons are gone and there's no grainy cannon pic in the background. and I don't get ZoR in the Submod tab on the launcher. Isnt it supposed to be there? or in check files? im so confused. All of this is may sound messy and scattered but ive been going hard at this for 7 hours. I'd appreciate assistance...

Prolly better you remove everything and do a clean re-install if you only lost some files...

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    Prolly better you remove everything and do a clean re-install if you only lost some files...
    Alright if you insist. everything as in...what. All the ACW mods? 3.4, 3.4.1, and 3.5? or can I at least keep a couple so its not so pain staking?

I'd suggest you do all 3, maybe to be sure even ETW itself as some files tend to stay there too...

ok. hey thanks for getting at me on such short notice. your really on top of your game. That is very much appreciated. If I have any more questions I know where to go

Hey there. I just got everything situated. ZoR and everything else is up and running. except empire is failing on the screen with Mosby and the ZoR at his feet. im verifying game cache to see if that does it. I aint too worried anyhow. lets go whip dem rebs

ok. heres where I get tripped up. after I verified it I pulled up the launcher, with submod and patch and all. but it says I have files that don't belong in ACW or Vanilla. And to be honest the instructions on this in the tabs is a little confusing. im hoping you can assist me around this. when it initially fails after I click ok anyway to launch empire. it closes and reads "Empire has stopped working" so I just don't know for sure. im learning a lot about this stuff from my mistakes though. one day at a time lol

Do you have other mods installed that may interfere?
    Do you manually launch Steam and not have the launcher start it as you launch ACW?

My installation also tells me I have files that don't belong, but it's only a different smoke set in my case, so I get no crashes whatsoever.

P.S.
    We do have a "Technical Help" section of the forum too, you know, with a lot of these things already explained... so we don't have to write same things over and over again.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...Technical-Help

I know of this help section. but ive been searching for answers long enough. im a weary boy, I don't have any other mods. I open the ACW 3 launcher to launch it. I just don't know how to identify the problem. im gonna tweak with it til I get some satisfaction. maybe ill take a gander at that technical help. But I think there really is just a simple solution.

Also, I have bg_boot_zor.pack in the check files box. that's it. im pretty sure I removed it last time and it screwed me up worse. I just need to get empire able to start up... I hope

when I validated ETW in steam it says one file failed to validate and will be reacquired. so I have no idea if it did reacquire it. im looking and searching from answers to my problem with no luck

Ayo good news. I found a solution in the support forums. finally some kick ass civil war battles. One more thing, are the generic battle maps and Chattanooga and Antietam and stuff supposed to have no features or vegetation? just wondering.

Glad to hear you got it working.

Some maps are unfinished, yes. Still looking for volunteers to finalise them.

yep fully operational. and If I can suggest something it would be to add some stone walls to get your troops in defilade. would add a sense of realism to these maps. don't get me wrong. i'm totally satisfied with the work you guys have done. very impressive. very

yep fully operational. and If I can suggest something it would be to add some stone walls to get your troops in defilade. would add a sense of realism to these maps. don't get me wrong. i'm totally satisfied with the work you guys have done. very impressive. very
    Adding walls and fences is possible but very hard and time intense, because every pice needs to be placed by hand which makes it nearly impossible to finish up a long fence or wall especially on those large maps

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Quote Originally Posted by [NC]Master View Post
    Adding walls and fences is possible but very hard and time intense, because every pice needs to be placed by hand which makes it nearly impossible to finish up a long fence or wall especially on those large maps
    Excatly -placing those fences on some maps for North&South nearly made me cry