Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: !!! 3.5 Open Beta - Released !!!

Default Re: !!! 3.5 Open Beta - Released !!!

Can anyone explain to me why this game runs my GPU/CPU so hot? (GTX 690/i5-3570k ivy bridge OC'd to 4.2) my GPU temps are getting up to about 80-83 degrees in battles where I barely have 1,000 men vs 1,000 men I can run shogun 2 darthmod 40v40 armies (about 25k total before lagging) and I'm reading 65-77ish in temps on the GPU)

Also it seems like whenever I'm playing the AI creates mass 1 unit armies marching all around the map reaking havoc on my farms (not sure if this is intentional) bit annoying and then whenever I'm in a battle the maps are just too damn BIG. It takes me atleast 5-10 minutes to march my infantry within shooting range of the enemy AI's infantry

Also cavalry sucks when charging (flanking) a full stack of infantry. They like immediately die within the first rank crashing into them and rout within 20 seconds or less?

I have ACW 3.5 beta installed with ZoR and Warpath enabled. Need a few questions answered please and thank you.
    [CONTENTBOX][/CONTENTBOX]

Troll Face

Intel i5 3570K (4.2Ghz @ 1.215v); ASUS Z87 Gryphon; 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro; GTX 780; Corsair AX760i; Noctua NH-U12S; Samsung 840 Pro 256GB; WD Black 1TB; Windows 7

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Raikou View Post
    Can anyone explain to me why this game runs my GPU/CPU so hot? (GTX 690/i5-3570k ivy bridge OC'd to 4.2) my GPU temps are getting up to about 80-83 degrees in battles where I barely have 1,000 men vs 1,000 men I can run shogun 2 darthmod 40v40 armies (about 25k total before lagging) and I'm reading 65-77ish in temps on the GPU)

Also it seems like whenever I'm playing the AI creates mass 1 unit armies marching all around the map reaking havoc on my farms (not sure if this is intentional) bit annoying and then whenever I'm in a battle the maps are just too damn BIG. It takes me atleast 5-10 minutes to march my infantry within shooting range of the enemy AI's infantry

Also cavalry sucks when charging (flanking) a full stack of infantry. They like immediately die within the first rank crashing into them and rout within 20 seconds or less?

I have ACW 3.5 beta installed with ZoR and Warpath enabled. Need a few questions answered please and thank you.
    So basically, everything is wrong, yea? It seems you just need to play some other game...

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

Biarchus

Actually, Raikou I thought something similar concerning the artillery in this mod. I now realize that its ME and YOU who are wrong. My problem was I played too much NTW3, the tactics you use with Napoleonic or Shogunate WILL NOT WORK with this mod. It is an extremely well made mod, mimicking American Civil War tactics. So I suggest you do some studying up, as I am, on tactics and proper uses of your cavalry and other units so you can enjoy this game more. Then please join the steam group and at least me, you and Wheat Tigers can enjoy this great mod in a mp, because mostly everyone else in that group seems disinterested in even trying a mp game. As far as your computer heating up, I can't help you, I'm a moron when it comes to computer stuff. Good luck

Chieftain John K.'s Avatar Tiro

Icon1 Re: !!! 3.5 Open Beta - Released !!!

• For me it is not so. My Requirements are: Intel Core i7-3770 CPU 3,40 GHz, 16,0 GB RAM, 64-Bit, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2048MB GDDR5

• I never experienced such a realistic and enjoying battles in a Total War game, bigger battlefield and much more smarter AI. The same goes for realistic morale, movement and stamina. Tactic and correct use of artillery in support now is the most important thing. Good combination of arms (artillery and infantry) will have great effects. The accuracy has now turned towards more "realistic way". Guns especially. We have taken great care in making guns so they represent historical relations when compared to other units.

• You have to care about your men if you want to win the battle, you have to plan the route you will take to close with the enemy. This effectively means that often you will see a terrain which has many hills, forest, a brush, a strip of grassy land, some cornfield etc... Important thing to know in such a case is that an unit would have hard marching through forest, and brush especially and maintain some good fighting order after it. Also, soldiers would be increasingly tired from the fact they have to go through such a terrain and still maintain good order.

• Cavalry men were armed with sabres, and carbines, and were trained for scouting, mounted shock tactics, covered flanks, supply lines, and provided a mobile striking force when needed. The direction we decided to take is a more realistic and less arcade. Point of this and versions that will follow will be for player to actually care about his units. If you order your cavalry under these facts (terrain, tired, exhausted) to charging a full stack of infantry (maybe with good moral and experience) what can you expect?
    Last edited by Chieftain John K.; June 29, 2013 at 11:23 AM.

agree i reall like this type of play too and as chief said it is not the normal etw or mod experience provided by most other mods its more a tactical one. If you can figgure out a way for your army to operate together and without loosing to much stamina on the way towards the enemy you allready have done half the job.

This Mod Crashes on huge battles
    Just telling so you could improve
    The campiagn is good
    Also add technology
    so later you could get iron clads and such

Download 3.5 impossible any of the links.
    Last edited by General Gordon; July 02, 2013 at 07:03 PM.

So if I just have the normal ETW I wont be able to play the 3.5 Campaign?

I have played this game for a while now with relatively few problems. It would crash on the longer/bigger battles occasionally, but now I can't even open a campaign on either the beta or the other version. The mod crashes as soon as I try to load/start a campaign. Has this happened to anyone else? I have tried reinstalling. Do I need to just delete everything and start over?

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire0416 View Post
    I have played this game for a while now with relatively few problems. It would crash on the longer/bigger battles occasionally, but now I can't even open a campaign on either the beta or the other version. The mod crashes as soon as I try to load/start a campaign. Has this happened to anyone else? I have tried reinstalling. Do I need to just delete everything and start over?
    Hi Spitfire,

i have the same problems....so for now i gave up playing because its really frustrating. i hope the best for the future.

Regards

So if I just have the normal ETW I wont be able to play the 3.5 Campaign?
    Wrong you can play with normal etw installed just make sure you check the RTI campaign option in the luncher before starting the game. Otherwise you need the warpath dlc to play warpath campaign(obviously) i would recommend to get it because its bigger and better!

Found a fix on my own in case you want to give it a go. It appears to be working for me as I was able to load up my campaign and play a long battle. Can't promise it will fix it permanently or will work for you as I have just tried it a little bit, but it is much better than crashing every time it even loads up.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...uot-workaround

Thanks Spitfire i will give it a try

Do I need to download the Music Files too? It wasn't listed, but it seems like I do. Also what is this Warpath I keep hearing about and does it really matter if I get it? Lastly I got DMUC and do not know if installing this will mess it up. When I exited out of DMUC Launcher I clicked on "Vinilla Ready" but is this enough to prevent any conflicts with ACW? Appreciate yall taking your time in making these mods, I played an older version of this mod and really enjoyed it, so look forward to playing this new version!

Where can I find the
    ACW Broters vs. Brothers 3.4.1 version and
    husserlTW's Subs Power installation files
    ?

when is the finished product coming out??? I have tried to install and reinstall this several times and its not working always the same error and since you seem to think low of us non modders and cant answer any questions without a smart ass response I would like to know when you will be coming out with the final product so i can actually play the mod instead of going through all the steps to get no place

roughasher;

Mods are rarely completely "finished products", there's always something still left unfinished, some feature missing, etc. So usually best players can hope fore are updated versions.
    That is why modders hate the question "when will it be released?" most. And always answer with "When it's done." Not to be smartasses (though one could argue that people asking "when will it be released?" for the millionth time, ignoring the previous 999,999 aswers "when it's done" are the smartasses, but anyway...), but because WE DON'T KNOW!!! Because mods are usually works of love offered to people for free by dedicated enthusiasts, therefore not paid jobs by game companies, we rarely have enough or any people at all working on the mod, there are pauses that last for months when nothing gets done, because there's noone available to do it, etc. Best way to speed things up, is to learn modding and help out. And being that some of us are grumpy old feckers, means we can't be all that clever, and if we could learn it, I'm certain so could you...

You'd also be wise to realise modders don't owe you anything. Unlike a game you paid money for and have a right to expect it to work, not crash, be fun, etc, mods offer you NO guarantees. Play at your own risk and if your computer explodes we're not responsible. A mod that just changes a few graphics is likely to install and work smoothly as nothing much else was changed. A total conversion like ACW changes pretty much everything in the game, and is therefore a hundred times more likely to generate bugs, crashes, installation trouble, etc. Even software developed by professionals, like Windows or Photoshop often has bugs, hiccups, operating trouble. So you can't expect the work of amateur modders, who are doing this in their free time, for fun, and to bring YOU a possibly fun gaming experience, to be all perfect? It's not. And if we can't fix all the bugs, they'll just stay in. Not like it's going to disrupt our sales, is it?

Also, if you think modders are supposed to be all professional and offer you top-notch tech support within the hour of you asking, when 99% of the players usually don't even read the installation instructions we provided? No, buddy, we don't. We can if we're in a good mood or very patient, but we don't have to. Not because we'd think low of non-modders, which is a hostile observation from you, as, after all, we're making mods for non-modders to enjoy, but because we do this for fun in our free time. There's no money, fame or glory in it for us, only fun and if it stops being fun we just quit and leave a half-finished mod. It stops being fun very quick if for endless sleepless nights spent modding, all you get is disgruntled gamers. Sometimes we just say, ah feck it, it's not worth it, maybe we just don't have what it takes, we better go do something else, something more fun, like now in the summer, go to the beach, yea?

Rant over. Now, what was your question again?

when is the finished product coming out??? I have tried to install and reinstall this several times and its not working always the same error and since you seem to think low of us non modders and cant answer any questions without a smart ass response I would like to know when you will be coming out with the final product so i can actually play the mod instead of going through all the steps to get no place
    This was really rude i am surprised that trig answerd to you at all. You should think about what you are writing before you post it. The provided install instructions are very good and detaild so that even non modders like me have no problem to install everything they want correctly even if this takes time because .. guess what you need to read the install instructions.

So i hope you can think about it again and maybe try to give a more detailed and less provocate question. And i am sure people will help you but with your provided info (which is nothing at all) noone will be able to help you (and probably don't even want to )

Gents,
    I really like a lot of the changes you are working on. Especially the weapons variations. If it's of any interest I made skins (but no unique models yet) for several units representing cadets of the Confederate States. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ets&highlight=

I've also worked on re-texturing the vanilla musket models to better represent weapons used in game, which could be a less CPU intensive alternative to unique models for each weapon.

You guys might want to research the use of Zouave's a bit more. As I understand it, yes French Zouaves and Chasseurs used creative light infantry tactics, but the adoption of the zouave style in the US was more about the flashy uniforms, pomp and drill than it was the tactics. Several small Zouave cadet organizations existed outside of the army in US before the outbreak of the war, many of which were well drilled, but these were very small in size and have no correlation to the larger civil war zouave regiments. During the war these local zouave organizations formed part of the local militia force (for example, Charleston Zouave Cadets, which are in game) and many of their members went on to enlist in the army, loosing their zouave status. Regiments that formed in the civil war as zouaves, or were given zouave status received no specialized training due to the nature of the armies organization structure, simply, it was all about the flashy uniforms. Skirmishing was widely used increasingly as the war progressed, however this was across the infantry, and not solely to any specific, or specialized units. Thus it may be worth reconsidering to not have ALL the zouaves as skirmishers, and also not have ONLY zouaves as skirmishers (aside from the sharpshooters).

Battle Tactics of the Civil War by Paddy Griffith is useful on this.
    http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=N...zouave&f=false
    Last edited by pappagoat; July 21, 2013 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pappagoat View Post
    Gents,
    I really like a lot of the changes you are working on. Especially the weapons variations. If it's of any interest I made skins (but no unique models yet) for several units representing cadets of the Confederate States. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ets&highlight=

I've also worked on re-texturing the vanilla musket models to better represent weapons used in game, which could be a less CPU intensive alternative to unique models for each weapon.

You guys might want dig into the use of Zouave's a bit more. As I understand it, yes French Zouaves used creative light infantry tactics, but the adoption of the zouave style in the US was more about the flashy uniforms and the pomp, than it was the drill. Several small Zouave organizations existed throughout the US before the outbreak of the war, many of which were well drilled, but these were very small in size and have no correlation to the larger civil war zouave regiments. During the war these local zouave organization either posed as local militias (Charleston Zouave Cadets, which are in game) or their members enlisted. Skirmishing was widely used increasingly as the war progressed, however this was across the infantry, and not solely to any specific, or specialized units. Thus it may be worth reconsidering have ALL the zouaves as skirmishers, and also ONLY having zouaves as skirmishers (aside from the sharpshooters).
    Hi pappagoat.

Your units look nice and we could well find use for them, it the mod's development picks up again (it seems currently to be on a bit of a stand-by).

What you suggest reg. the Zouaves is exactly what we have already implemented in the last dev version. There are now a bunch of custom zouave units available for both sides and they are the only ones with skirmish ability, but have also been reduced in size to company size. So, good for holding a position under sustained fire, but overwhelmed if charged...

As mentioned in this update: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post12739551

The muskets are also retextured in the last version, to look like a generic mix between a Springfield and an Enfield.

See PM.
    Last edited by Trig; July 21, 2013 at 05:57 PM.