Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Veni Vidi Vici Total War(VVVTW)

Default Re: Veni Vidi Vici Total War(VVVTW)

This may sound rude, but why are you making new mod for Rome Total War 1?! Rome 2 TW is coming, and shogun 2 TW and what we heard from CA has shown modding abilities will be increased.
    Tough i understand many people still play Rome 1 TW, it feels weard to start a NEW mod for it...
    Read the preview. The mod is two years in development. This isn't a new mod. This mod was not called VVVTW. The only new things is that it is now public.

Two years have taken because we had a lot of fights and problems. After I have taken the mod over it was excellent because I gathered up some really nice people with who I love to work. But the problem was that 95 % of us were amateurs, so this is why it was so slow. Many of us needed to start form the beginning. But my friends sticked here with me, especially Dictator, Ek, WC who were here from the start.

I plan to finish the work I started, and I will not give up. RTW is still 8 or more months till release, so we will finish this mod till then for sure. As I said I planned finishing it till July.

I dn't care how much mods(better or worse have been alreday made) , this was my wish to do it and I am glad that I met the right people who would help me.

If you don't like it, simply don't play it or track it. Sorry....

I've been seeing Veni Vidi Vici sigs on forums, but when I tried to find this mod I was unsuccessful.

And then, one day, PUFFF!!! In my face on front page, and when I checked the preview, I was blown away. Good job guys
    Great preview, I will follow closely at this mod.

+ rep
    Stay tuned guys.

Thank you for the nice comments and I hope that you will like the rest of the factions.

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by TheRomanRuler View Post
    This may sound rude, but why are you making new mod for Rome Total War 1?! Rome 2 TW is coming, and shogun 2 TW and what we heard from CA has shown modding abilities will be increased.
    Tough i understand many people still play Rome 1 TW, it feels weard to start a NEW mod for it...
    all you have to do is look below this thread and see about another 15 other mods being made plus the currently developed ones in the hosted mod section.

-easy to mod for the specific time-frame
    -shogun 2 is already out
    -who knows how long it may take to learn how to mod R2TW (regardless of what CA say the ease of it will be from tools)
    -no one knows if R2TW will be any good
    -as clearly stated in the OP we are around 80% complete, so its not being made from scratch.
    -we started about a year ago not knowing R2TW would be out, (even if we did we still would have continued with it)

what we heard from CA has shown modding abilities will be increased.
    if they were that easy there would be more mods for it, but I don't see any more than 4 mods for S2TW which has been out since March 2011,

Quote Originally Posted by Dictator Of The Roman Republic View Post
    I can't see how a mod could even attempt to replace your desire to play R2TW, a game that's still in pre-alpha and has not shown its full potential yet.
    personally i think R2TW is going to be a huge pile of merconium stained excrement, but that is my opinion, i think CA is ruining the franchise by focusing on flash graphics and not on playablility and what the players want hence the need for so many mods to "Improve" CAI and BAI of almost every total war game buuuuut i still feel this mod will fill my need for Roman conquest and i cant wait for it to be finished

Quote Originally Posted by TheRomanRuler View Post
    Well, some people don`t like S2TW, some don`t like ETW, NTW, and most of latest released TW titles from CA\Sega... it is all about different opinions...

I played S2TW just one campaign til the end and never touched it again, NTW and ETW didn`t even buy, and RTW and M2TW are my favourite games ( with their respective mods), and engines for modding.

Who knows, maybe no one will play our mod when we make it... but we will stil make it.
    Last edited by ElvenKind; March 14, 2013 at 01:59 PM. Reason: adding a word which sounded better...
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Citizen Content Emeritus

personally i think R2TW is going to be a huge pile of merconium stained excrement, but that is my opinion, i think CA is ruining the franchise by focusing on flash graphics and not on playablility and what the players want hence the need for so many mods to "Improve" CAI and BAI of almost every total war game
    To be honest, CA haven't really done alot to Graphics, they have only improved particle systems to allow people to get the best visual experiance for the price of your gaming rig, yet kindly they have limited it to the same low settings as S2TW.

If you compared the visual improvement from NTW - S2TW you would see a vast amount, but if you look at S2TW - R2TW, it's not alot.

I mean if you think about it, nearly everything you see is originated from a form of texture, and I think the texturing is great, none of that shiny blinding texture you would see on metal in S2TW.

Also you have to give credit to them for adding new features to each total war game, for instance R2TW, which I don't think I need to list as it can easily be found.

Anyway lets not get into that side,

Thanks for the support!!.

Thanks for support Sigmar !

Sir Mano's Avatar Civis

Can't wait for the preview!

I f you haven't clicked on one of these images, there is something wrong with you

Can't wait for the preview!
    Haha, ok Sir Mano.

It will somewhere today, maybe late at night, maybe sooner.

I am having some problems with the modfolder, and we are having some problems in general.

Also, the intro video won't be presented today. It will be later on in the following days, but you will al be informed of it.

I think that you will like our next faction.

Soon now...

Cheers.

Sir Mano's Avatar Civis

It will somewhere today, maybe late at night, maybe sooner.
    Yeah I tought that
    I am having some problems with the modfolder, and we are having some problems in general.
    goodluck solving the problem
    Also, the intro video won't be presented today. It will be later on in the following days, but you will al be informed of it.
    I can live with that but don't make it to long!

I think that you will like our next faction.
    Probably

I f you haven't clicked on one of these images, there is something wrong with you

Just to point this out, African Bush Elephants weren't tamable

Citizen Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by tomogawa View Post
    Just to point this out, African Bush Elephants weren't tamable
    where's this stated...

bear in mind, what we stated here

African Bush Elephants(in vanilla game probably war elephants)

Everything is tamable lol especially when rome is involved also as a side not R2TW better allow the customization of unit names in campaign like in Empires i mean com-on shogun 2

Quote Originally Posted by Dictator Of The Roman Republic View Post
    where's this stated...

bear in mind, what we stated here
    nah he's right. Here's a link explaining all you need to know: http://www.itsnature.org/rip/north-african-elephant/

Most definitely not African Bush Elephants. "Currently it is thought that the North African Elephant was more like the African Forest Elephant in size rather the the larger African Bush Elephant, and just like the African Forest Elephant the North African Elephant was a better size for military operations compared to the untamable African Bush Elephant. The exact method that the Carthaginians used to tame the North African Elephants is unknown."

Also, the elephants that the Seleucid Empire used were from India (so the article says, I'd be more comfortable saying Syria) and far superior to the Carthaginian African elephants if you didn't know that already. As far as your answer in already answered.... the Carthaginians didn't really use Indian/Syrian w.e elephants. They used very little and if you wanted to still incorporate them then make them available through mercenary means. The African nations may have acquired some through trade but mainly used North African elephants
    Last edited by Imperator753; March 15, 2013 at 03:07 PM.

New faction added.

New intro video of it will be made in time as it takes time.

You will be informed when the intro video is made.

I hope you will enjoy the preview of the faction.

Cheers.

They used very little and if you wanted to still incorporate them then make them available through mercenary means.
    The are highlighted in gree. Check what the highlighted in green means on the first page and you will know.

Again, this is not Roma Surrectum nor EB,. Our main goal isn't historical accuracy although it will be on a highest level possible.

Also check back the last few pages for my answers for the elephants. Also check on the first page the Frequently asked questions and answers before stating something that has already been debated over.
    Last edited by Asgaroth; March 15, 2013 at 03:59 PM.

Sir Mano's Avatar Civis

OMFG
    macedon FTW

I read that. I think you may have interpreted it wrong. True the bush elephants were larger than the Indian, however, they were untamable. The elephants the Carthaginians used were the forest elephants which were smaller. I do agree that they used some Indian elephants, however, these numbers are unlikely to be high. Of course Hannibal himself would make sure he rode in with the best, but they would not be able to outfit the entire unit with Indian elephants and would mostly use African elephants.

It's not really a debate. Carthage was in North Africa and used what resources it had in it's possession. If they could get their hands on some Indian elephants great, but they overwhelmingly used the forest elephants. My point is 1.) they didn't use bush elephants and 2.) they number of Indian elephants used is so few that they shouldn't have a unit in the build tree and only obtainable through mercenary means (for historical accuracy). If this aspect is ignoring historical accuracy, then suit yourself. However, at least make the elephants not bush elephants as those weren't used by anyone.

OMFG
    macedon FTW
    As we already said. All factions are treated with same detail. All 20 of them.

I do agree that they used some Indian elephants, however, these numbers are unlikely to be high. Of course Hannibal himself would make sure he rode in with the best, but they would not be able to outfit the entire unit with Indian elephants and would mostly use African elephants.
    Especially this. I commented this on the first page also.

I said that I know that there were not some much of them , but I put them anyways.

It's not really a debate. Carthage was in North Africa and used what resources it had in it's possession. If they could get their hands on some Indian elephants great, but they overwhelmingly used the forest elephants. My point is 1.) they didn't use bush elephants and 2.) they number of Indian elephants used is so few that they shouldn't have a unit in the build tree and only obtainable through mercenary means (for historical accuracy). If this aspect is ignoring historical accuracy, then suit yourself. However, at least make the elephants not bush elephants as those weren't used by anyone.
    1) I already told you to read the first page. You obviously didn't.

- The Indian elephants are highlited in green. If you can't see open the roster and see that their name is written in green, then check what green means.

2) The elephants will stay as they are and the will not be changed at all. The game isn't 100 % historically accurate as stated.

I really did read it. Sorry, I'm colorblind that blue/green is basically the same to me.

Citizen Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator753 View Post
    I really did read it. Sorry, I'm colorblind that blue/green is basically the same to me.
    ahh that sucks, I range from Protanopia-Deuteranopia type colour blindness. Some times I just can't tell what the colour is...

anyway, check the new faction preview.

I am really sorry !

The Inidan elephnats will be recruited from the mercenary barracks for sure for Carthage. Some other factions have them to. You will see later.

I hope that you can at least enjoy the new Antigonid Macedon preview.

I am really sorry again, I didn't know that you are color blind.