Page 96 of 98 FirstFirst ... 467186878889909192939495969798 LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 1942

Thread: Vikings (Season 5 Trailer)

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Default Re: Vikings (Season 5 Trailer)

Sure I suppose it is possible. Would rather focus on the evidence if there is any. But it is not far-fetched.

Didn't know that about the Beowulf stories. The Norse aren't really my thing and I wouldn't know where to start. However the Ragnar story isn't too helpful in establishing details or historicity. For example it doesn't mention Paris which ought to be significant. Many of the events are not clear in the story. Kind of hard to piece together what actually happened. All we really have to go on is raids in England and a King Aella, maybe Paris.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

A shame we won't get to see the Byzantine Empire at all

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

The Most Terrible Thing.

The Floki scenes, which wouldn't be much of a show on their own, were the better scenes this episode. At least something finally happens.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Not sure of the logic of killing half the people on the island and also wondering where the extra dudes came from, because they weren't there before....

In Wessex.

Another Viking army is coming, got to admire the tenacity. Especially of a force that apparently sailed from Ireland to Cornwall then up the coast to wales before attacking the south of England. GPS must be on the blink.

Hvitserk: Heading off on a diplomatic mission. Leaves his missus behind but warns her 'be careful of my brother.' Maybe take her with you.

The Kings mother kills the kings brother, admits it, the king throws a bit of furniture around. Echbert would have cut off her other ear, and maybe had her eyes poked out. Alfred is a disappointment.

Bjorn goes soppy and sheds a tear. Probably thinking about how his pops had such great screen presence and dialogue and story lines.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Watched the final battle of the season.

Can't even do battles right any more on this show. Bored to tears. But at least I didn't have to sit through ten episodes of crap to get to it.

The teaser for season 6 nevertheless looks interesting, location wise.

Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Patrician

Stop torturing us.
    By the way was that Russia at about 4 seconds? At first I thought it was China, I almost flipped my desk.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Blog Entries

Varangians are confirmed for season 6 so yeah.

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Blog Entries

The battle was a bit of a letdown. Pretty sure they could have found a bigger log for the ram and the ladders/ramps were a bit meagre. You’d think by now they’d come up with a better plan, especially against Ivar.. Meh...

Blog Entries

Yeah compared to the Paris siege battle this was just kind of boring.

Shame too cause Alex/Bjorn turned in a great performance when he was yelling at the men and women supporting Ivar.

I still don't see why Harald is supporting Bjorn when he wants the throne himself but...I guess we shall see next season.

20 episodes remaining.

Also a comparison between two season endings...

Really feels like they are just repeating story beats but with substantially less quality between them.

Blog Entries

Bjorn could have saved this show if they stuck with him. All the chopping to boring characters made a mess of it.

I think Harald realised he can never rule while Bjorn is alive and then realised Bjorn is meant to be king. Though I half expected him to give it to Hvitserk.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Bjorn is stupid and much easier to trick out of a throne.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Blog Entries

Final ten episodes. Amazon gets a first crack at it this time for some reason.

Looks like they will for sure resolve the Civil War arc and also portray Edington, which is a suitable stopping point I think for the English arc as well.

It's a damn shame this show fell so far. I stopped watching consistently after season 4 and have only watched the battles since because the writing just let down the talent of the actors so much. I fully believe that the rest of the cast did have the talent to carry on the show after Ragnar but the writing could not make up for it. And even the battles have been a disappointment. I just wanted the exploration and fighting new enemies from the earlier seasons but...nope...Gotta have that civil war for 40 episodes.

Anyway, back into quarantine and resting (really, been exposed because of the idiocy of others), just wanted to share with this thread and reminisce about a once quality show.

Obvious theory but still spoilered.

Bjorn definitely will die in the final battle of the civil war. I can't think of a more obvious sign than him barely being able to hold his sword
    Last edited by TheDarkKnight; December 03, 2020 at 09:49 PM.

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

No Byzantine Empire?
    Cheap.
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

I loved this show more than Game of Thrones. But completely lost track of this.
    Wound was healed by the last kingdom.

Blog Entries

Just wished they ended with Ragnar's death... We'd be talking about a show (almost) on a par with HBO's Rome.

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    Just wished they ended with Ragnar's death... We'd be talking about a show (almost) on a par with HBO's Rome.
    So true. My favourite was actually Rollo. And I bet people would've been demanding an expansion on the whole Norman evolution kinda way.
    Vikings Season 1 was epic.

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

I never really liked the show, but at least I managed to watch s1, while already giving up (and watching just some eps) in s2.
    After that, iirc, it became garbage.
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

I lost track of this show long time ago. I think i stopped watching it shortly after Ragnar death.

Patrician

Don't think I will bother with this season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    So true. My favourite was actually Rollo. And I bet people would've been demanding an expansion on the whole Norman evolution kinda way.
    Vikings Season 1 was epic.
    After Ragnar's death, the only time they caught the vibe of the early season's was Lagertha's burial. The Valkyries surrounding her as she sank into the lake, her appearance changing to when she was a farmer and her last words to Ragnar. But, had to wade through two seasons of mud for that one scene.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

The last episode was so bad. It ends with a barely audible whimper, like a fart in the wind.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!