Page 1 of 98 12345678910112651 ... LastLast

Thread: Vikings (Season 5 Trailer)

Default Vikings (Season 5 Trailer)

Since the last thread disappread in to the underworld of this forum and was never found again, even by the mighty Moderators, i create this new Thread.

Today 3.3.2013 starts a new History Series on the History, which is more known for documentations. The Story is about Ragnar Lodbrok and his raid to England and France. The most actors are known from other Series, the most people would know Gabriel Byrne i would guess. The Producer is Micheal Hirst who is known for The Tudors, The Borgias and Camelot. He got also an Oscar for Elizabeth.

But enough writting, here are some Trailers:

Trailer:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOlHc...layer_embedded

Behind the Scenes:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/historyc...?feature=watch

And here my favourite Trailer in case of the Music

http://www.history.com/shows/vikings...5125180f7e3b1#

The Intro:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8UZrJFIlpU

also nice :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilNvQ...layer_embedded

Have Fun.

edit: sorry embedding doesn't work with the current forum status. just click on the links.
    Last edited by Marcus Aemilius Lepidus; March 03, 2013 at 04:51 PM.

Proud to be a real Prussian.

Ixor_Drakar's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Vikings - New History Series

Watching it right now. Seems along the same lines as Hatfields and McCoys and that's a good thing.
    I survived the Mayan Apocalypse 12/21/12

EireEmerald's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

It is very good.
    Last edited by EireEmerald; March 03, 2013 at 10:52 PM.

Comes Domesticorum

This was very good, I was pleasantly surprised. Probably will be my favorite series until Game of Thrones comes back on.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

I'm surprised on the accuracy, the thing, the haircuts, the law procedures, everything really.

Very good so far.

Comes Domesticorum

I doubt Scandinavian women were as hot back then. Just sayin', because hot shieldmaidens kicking the shite out of guys is kinda my thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    I'm surprised on the accuracy, the thing, the haircuts, the law procedures, everything really.

Very good so far.
    After looking it today, it would be my first question. I am really interested in Norse Culture ect. but i have not really expertise in this field. How accurate is it? It is made for an history channel but Micheal Hirst the Producer was not really known to be to accurate in the past. Just to mention the costumes from Tudors which were recycled from Elizabeth and gave the Characters a Style which was in reality from the time of Henrys daughters reign.

Lord of the Drunk Penguin's Avatar Tribunus

Way better than Spartacus. The accuracy of the details, the costumes, the weapons, everything.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Well now that we have a thread again (I tried to restart it but it's good you brought it back) I'd like to say I loved it. On Saturday I was convinced that I would be the only one watching it but I showed the trailer to my girlfriend and two of her roommates and now I have people to watch it with lol
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Yes.

Really looking good. The detailing is fantastic, the sets, the costumes all looked great. The dialogue is simple and to the point, no over acting, flamboyant pontificating or obviously structured gags. It all seemed very natural. It's hard to find a single fault...

We may have a winner here..
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; March 04, 2013 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    Well now that we have a thread again (I tried to restart it but it's good you brought it back) I'd like to say I loved it. On Saturday I was convinced that I would be the only one watching it but I showed the trailer to my girlfriend and two of her roommates and now I have people to watch it with lol
    Yeah sorry that i didn't saw yours two days ago. My mistake. The original thread disappeared a while ago. Some technical error as it could happend.

And i also had the feeling that the historical work was really good. Offcourse there were raid before 793 in England and Norse Merchants traveled all the time to England, France ect. but that must be seen as writers freedome. The set was really nice.

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

I liked it and will watch the rest of the series for sure.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aemilius Lepidus View Post
    After looking it today, it would be my first question. I am really interested in Norse Culture ect. but i have not really expertise in this field. How accurate is it? It is made for an history channel but Micheal Hirst the Producer was not really known to be to accurate in the past. Just to mention the costumes from Tudors which were recycled from Elizabeth and gave the Characters a Style which was in reality from the time of Henrys daughters reign.
    Well apart from a few nitpicking points like mentioning of "Russia" and not knowing anything about England, it was pretty damn impressive historical-wise. The Thing sequence in particular was interesting with the man convicted and executed for murder because he did not admit the murder before passing three households - a tradition in Norwegian law with old Norse roots that lasted well into the 18th century.

If he had admitted the murder he could have saved his life by compensation to the family of the slain unless the murder was done in dishonorable manner like backstabbing ect. (Killing people in drunken brawls was considered "accidents" if they went by the procedure of admitting the murder by the first household and later compensating the family of the slain)

Judging from the terrain and the northern lights they are somewhere around Trondheim in Norway currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Haçli Sultan View Post
    I doubt Scandinavian women were as hot back then. Just sayin', because hot shieldmaidens kicking the shite out of guys is kinda my thing.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lathgertha
    Last edited by Påsan; March 04, 2013 at 09:08 PM.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    Well apart from a few nitpicking points like mentioning of "Russia" and not knowing anything about England, it was pretty damn impressive historical-wise. The Thing sequence in particular was interesting with the man convicted and executed for murder because he did not admit the murder before passing three households - a tradition in Norwegian law with old Norse roots that lasted well into the 18th century.

I'm glad we have someone like you that can let us know when they do something right.

Even if is not completely accurate towards everthing, the fact that the History Channel did something like this makes me happy. If it gets even close to the popularity of Hatfield's and McCoy's I hope the network will consider doing another. If we keep getting these quality miniseries I will almost be able to forgive the channel for the pasr several years.

Almost...
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Habelo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Man this series would have been so much better if they made all the vikings out to have the same honor (not all, there was a loki in valhalla even). I was really disapointed when i saw all these lannister intrigues instead of them acting like starks. Would have been more truthful to history then too. They wanted to attract younger men yet in all polls it clearly shows that we like men like Ned stark and not Littlefinger or jaime.
    You have a certain mentality, a "you vs them" and i know it is hard to see, but it is only your imagination which makes up enemies everywhere. I haven't professed anything but being neutral so why Do you feel the need to defend yourself from me?. Truly What are you defending? when there is nobody attacking?

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

One episode and you've concluded it's a drama not a documentary and you're not happy.

Citizen

Man this series would have been so much better if they made all the vikings out to have the same honor (not all, there was a loki in valhalla even). I was really disapointed when i saw all these lannister intrigues instead of them acting like starks. Would have been more truthful to history then too. They wanted to attract younger men yet in all polls it clearly shows that we like men like Ned stark and not Littlefinger or jaime.

What on earth are you talking about?

Like most of your posts:
    Last edited by Påsan; March 05, 2013 at 01:01 PM.

Habelo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The vikings held honor and comradeship very high. Yet in the series they are portrayed (for the sake of drama) as backstabbing bastards. I say that it is stupid in two ways, both in the way of popularity and in the way of history.
    You have a certain mentality, a "you vs them" and i know it is hard to see, but it is only your imagination which makes up enemies everywhere. I haven't professed anything but being neutral so why Do you feel the need to defend yourself from me?. Truly What are you defending? when there is nobody attacking?

I just want to mention that the two first episodes can be seen on the official webside on History. But I believe it could be possible that you have to be in North Amercia to watch it.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Habelo View Post
    The vikings held honor and comradeship very high. Yet in the series they are portrayed (for the sake of drama) as backstabbing bastards. I say that it is stupid in two ways, both in the way of popularity and in the way of history.
    There is no backstabbing in the first episode. The two brothers are free men, and can do whatever they damn well want. However the standing within the local jarldom will suffer if they go against the local Jarl.

Also there are plenty of backstabbing in Norse history, more often than not between brothers over inheritance. Much like the Turks actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aemilius Lepidus View Post
    I just want to mention that the two first episodes can be seen on the official webside on History. But I believe it could be possible that you have to be in North Amercia to watch it.
    "Only in america".. Heh, watch me..
    Last edited by Påsan; March 05, 2013 at 04:18 PM.

Page 1 of 98 12345678910112651 ... LastLast