Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Music, Music, Music - what do you listen to? Share with us and relish in the knowledge you will always have a better taste in music than me!

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Music, Music, Music - what do you listen to? Share with us and relish in the knowledge you will always have a better taste in music then me!

"My son ask for thyself another
    Kingdom, for that which I leave
    is too small for thee"
    (King Philip of Macedonia - 339 B.C.)

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

Default Re: Music, Music, Music - what do you listen to? Share with us and relish in the knowledge you will always have a better taste in music then me!

At this point i am listening to Wardruna.

Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Have any of you guys heard of Passenger, or even better do any of you like him?
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

I am a passenger all the time.

They are not bad though.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

My favourite album of all times, and probably just generally one of the best rock albums of the past decade. Give it a listen, as well as some time if you don't like it at first. Songs like Citizen Erased, Megalomania and Newborn are just so ****ing massive.

Speaking of massive, check this one out as well if you're into prog/space rock

Also, few things as good as a band like RATM covering a song by Bob Dylan

EDIT : Why are these youtube tags not working ?
    Last edited by Killerbee; June 23, 2013 at 02:32 PM.

Omnipotent-Q's Avatar All Powerful Q
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Yahya View Post
    "My son ask for thyself another
    Kingdom, for that which I leave
    is too small for thee"
    (King Philip of Macedonia - 339 B.C.)
    You can't beat a bit of Iron Maiden! Managed to grab some tickets for the O2 Arena/Millennium Dome in London for the last dates on their tour this August. Went with standing of course - seated for Maiden just seemed wrong! Seen them live a couple of times before - only Metallica have come anywhere near been as good as them. Bruce Dickinson's vocals - legendary. If anyone reading hasn't really heard them before - there's a superb live version of their most famous track right here (he drops a curse in the first few seconds introducing the song - just to warn you!).

"We get so close near enough to fight
    When a Russian gets me in his sights
    He pulls the trigger and I feel the blow
    A burst of rounds take my horse below

And as I lay there gazing at the sky
    My body's numb and my throat is dry
    And as I lay forgotten and alone
    Without a tear I draw my parting groan "

Last edited by Omnipotent-Q; June 30, 2013 at 07:52 AM.

Under the patronage of the Legendary Urbanis Legio - Mr Necrobrit of the Great House of Wild Bill Kelso. Honoured to have sponsored these great warriors for Citizenship - Joffrey Baratheon, General Brittanicus, SonOfOdin, Hobbes., Lionheartx10, Mangerman, Gen. Chris and PikeStance.

Eat Meat Whale Meat
    Technical Staff Citizen Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

More Japanese pop from Hiromi Iwasaki, if you can call it that. The lyrics are something about youth being wasted on the young, but even if you don't understand Japanese (and I don't), the vocals, melody and arrangement are superb. The solo violin gets me every time.

Hiromi Iwasaki - Shishuuki

I'm obsessed with this right now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWB7_o6x6DA

and other Irish songs that unfortunately have a sort of IRA/Easter Uprising tone. Ignoring the politics they are awesome tunes, but the politics can rarely be ignored except by those far enough removed, like Americans I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent-Q View Post
    You can't beat a bit of Iron Maiden! Managed to grab some tickets for the O2 Arena/Millennium Dome in London for the last dates on their tour this August. Went with standing of course - seated for Maiden just seemed wrong! Seen them live a couple of times before - only Metallica have come anywhere near been as good as them. Bruce Dickinson's vocals - legendary. If anyone reading hasn't really heard them before - there's a superb live version of their most famous track right here (he drops a curse in the first few seconds introducing the song - just to warn you!).

"We get so close near enough to fight
    When a Russian gets me in his sights
    He pulls the trigger and I feel the blow
    A burst of rounds take my horse below

And as I lay there gazing at the sky
    My body's numb and my throat is dry
    And as I lay forgotten and alone
    Without a tear I draw my parting groan "

Long time ago (back in school) my band use The Trooper as band intro. Great times.

On the other hand Metallica is coming to Singapore in August. Maybe I can finally watch them live this time.

Ok. Forget Singapore. Metallica is finally coming to KL !

http://www.metallica.com/news/20130703-kuala-lumpur.asp

WooHoooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Omnipotent-Q's Avatar All Powerful Q
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

I hear that wooo man!

(Video below may have a curse in. Didn't hear any, but I'm assuming one's in there being Metallica!)

Under the patronage of the Legendary Urbanis Legio - Mr Necrobrit of the Great House of Wild Bill Kelso. Honoured to have sponsored these great warriors for Citizenship - Joffrey Baratheon, General Brittanicus, SonOfOdin, Hobbes., Lionheartx10, Mangerman, Gen. Chris and PikeStance.

Fade to black. First ever Metallica song that my old band back in school ever played, back in 89.... The second was Seek and Destroy. Those were the days... Then in the 90's GN'R took over...

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Foster the People... give them a listen.

THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Hobbes's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Yay, there are heavy metal fans in here!

Diamat's Avatar VELUTI SI DEUS DARETUR

One of my favorite modern composers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes. View Post
    Yay, there are heavy metal fans in here!
    Heavy Metal Is The Law !!!

Squeaks's Avatar More full of whinging

I'd forgotten I was allowed here...couldn't find it anyway Not unusual.

Here's a few odd ones...some look weird but are great...

DO look at them, even if you jump to just a couple of sections before deciding 'nope'. You'll be surprised by some....especially Kidney Thieves and Findlay.

KIDNEY THIEVES (fantastic female vocalist, fave band of ALL time; 4 albums).

WICKED GAME X2...brilliant song, covered by a few awesomely

Shins - Caring is Creepy (oddly cool one)

THE Heavy - How you like me now

Lastly....the Findlay

I'm going to just link to this, as it's an odd/strange video, but the song is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSt_GZuGxP0

Quote Originally Posted by Shankbot de Bodemloze View Post
    Foster the People... give them a listen.

That's all I heard on the radio here for about four months. Now all I hear is Imagine Dragons http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktvTqknDobU
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; July 20, 2013 at 09:33 AM.

Hobbes's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Audacia's Avatar Give Life Back to Music
    Content Emeritus

Three of my favorite bands right now:

LCD Soundsystem - Check out their album Sounds of Silver

Grizzly Bear - Check out their album Veckatimest

Daft Punk - Check out their latest album Random Access Memories and their second LP, ​Discovery

Under the patronage of Inkie Pie: Text Editor for The Great War
    Roma Surrectum II