Page 66 of 72 FirstFirst ... 16415657585960616263646566676869707172 LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1433

Thread: Empire Realism - Feedback and General Discussion

Default Re: Empire Realism - Feedback and General Discussion

i'm sorry but that would be going against design of this mod - Austria did not have any significant naval tradition during 18.century.. therefore they would be completely unable to compete with Spain that was centuries well established naval power.. There is just no way for Austria to just somehow build these ships, as they did not have any naval infrastructure, any traditions or experience with building such ships.. Besides, if I did allowed it, then every faction in game would be just a carbon copy of themselves, there would be no custom element that makes certain factions unique... Austria has special position being country in the middle of Europe.. they face different kind of a struggles than naval factions.. War with Spain was not fought on sea, because they would not stand any chance against them.. instead, Austrians were allied with Britain who could take on Spanish navy at ease.. instead, Austria had strong army, and all their resources were focused on that area.. As Austrian player, you dont need to bother with Spanish colonies, they are way too far away.. instead, you can take rich Italian provinces from them with ease, and you can also take Belgium (with some diplomacy, so you can get army there of course)

This mod purpose is to simulate 18.century realities, its not blank sandbox where everybody can do whatever they please... no natives with artillery, no Central European naval powers, no Indians with bayonets or sailing high seas on ships of the line...

Thanks for reply. In my campaign as Austria I managed to sneak to north America after I made peace with spain and conquered some dutch colonies after france crushed them. I also conquered all of Italy I've pretty much won on short campaign it's only 1725 I have along way to go to 1750. It makes sense not to have Austria as naval power and I understand why you done it that way I just like to alter history sometimes.

you can still try to capture some larger ships... its perfectly possible to build up a fleet that way

I would try to capture some ships of the line but I suck big time in ship battles. Hit and miss for me win some lose some. The ones I win are on pure luck lol. So when is next update.?

Re: Dutch Rifles

Not sure if this has been raised before, or if this is the proper place.

I enjoy the mod, but it is so far still so easy. First campaign, Brit. Second, French. Both I was too dominate in 25 years to have fun.

Third campaign Dutch and I decided to for the first time build everything and try to use every unit in combat. I discovered that Dutch rifles do not have any skirmish abilities. Guard and square, only. Rifles should have skirmish abilities, yes?

Thanks for your efforts.

Same for Dutch light infantry.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriordude View Post
    I would try to capture some ships of the line but I suck big time in ship battles. Hit and miss for me win some lose some. The ones I win are on pure luck lol. So when is next update.?
    Try using chain shot to slow down and then immobilize your enemy. Then switch to ball. If they cannot run, they cannot rout.

Yeah that seems like a good tactic Zom. This is for JaM so is there anyway to put warpath map on grand campaign map in your mod. That way that would fill in all of the vacant map also make north America more fun. It's just an idea that sprung into my head.

If anyone is paying attention, Austrian Jaegers are said to be light troops, but lack the abilities of light troops.

I guess this is old news. Makes no sense to me.

thanks, ill fix it.

I have kindof a problem : the "Regions" diplomatic option seems to have disappeared from the Grand Campaign, but is still present in both Warpath and Road to Independence campaigns.
    That was to know, since this one is really practical and a good part of my Great Britain gameplay is based on it, if the option has actually been removed or else if it have disappeared because of a file conflict or whatever (I used to have Darthmod installed).

So, I wanted to know what could be my options to get this very one back ^^

Great mod, otherwise. Especially for the naval gameplay and the AI

trading regions was removed for main campaign via script. that script is not active in Road to Independence campaigns. I might add it there with an update.

OK thanks

Any advice on how to get the economy started as Poland. On hard difficulty they start with about -2000 each turn. (Very hard actually has a higher income for some reason).

everything is possible, and there are countries with much worse initial situation - for example Ottomans... but its possible to handle it in 10-20 turns.. just need to assign best people into government (or get rid of those most harmful) and remove any unnecessary units you might have (pikemen, heavy artillery).. set up some trade deals, even ask for money, and try to build up government buildings so you get higher tax percentages, but dont overspend (even though, i always overspend at the start, i'd rather have building in production and be broke, than postponing bankruptcy few turns.. oh, and public order, sometimes its better to have it under control, than having high taxation - angry province needs more police force to keep in check, which cost money...

Ok thanks I will try and give it a shot

Do you know why very hard difficulty actually is easier in many areas compared to normal and hard? Looking at the campaign_difficulty_handicap_effect there are things like morale and income that is more favourable on very hard. I know this also applies to vanilla, but is it to compensate for increased AI agressiveness or something like that?

hmm, must be an oversight.. will fix it in update

Hey JAM, do you know from which country tourists are most likely to go on holiday in the Osman Empire? - They are with the Marlborough tour. He visited me frequently on other campaigns (Hannover, Genoa, France, Spain, Russia, Maratha). This time he brought Guards and Scots with him.
    This happens every time I establish a trade agreement with the English...

AI English are well known tourists.. they always go visit human player, no matter what faction he plays as... (nothing can be done about it without making English too passive.)

Yes, but what a waste to lose their best commander that early...