Page 65 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1540555657585960616263646566676869707172 LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1433

Thread: Empire Realism - Feedback and General Discussion

Default Re: Empire Realism - Feedback and General Discussion

no idea, as empire.pack is movie type, therefore it will always load.. if you convert that sound mod pack to movie, you dont have to tinker with user script at all..

The file type can be changed using the Pack File Manager, right? And this method works for all mods, there will not be any conflicts or something?

yes, in PFM you can just simply change pack type. In ER5 i dont adjust any sound files, therefore there should be no conflicts

Icon5 Re: Empire Realism - Feedback and General Discussion

I took the DME_BSM_ON.pack file from DarthMod Empire and would like to use it as a submod to the ER. I want only graphics effects taken from DarthMod. The problem is that this file also contains statistics of units and I absolutely do not want them to interfere with those of the ER. Which items should I delete to leave only graphics effects?

you cannot use anything in db tables. anyway some of those files are already in ER

So basically:
    db tables - statistics of units, missiles and so on.
    effects tables - graphic effects
    sfx tables - ingame sounds

is this correct?

correct

Thank you for answer.

One more important thing --- I have not yet finished my campaign with a other mod so I can not check it myself now. Can you tell if these mods suggested by Alwyn in this post: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15536086 are compatible or are they needed for the ER?

Probably the most important are:
    Removed Gabionades - Besides, things that should also be removed are: "trenches" because AI hardly knows how to use them and stakes because cavalrymen are so stupid that they ride straight into stakes and die.
    Removed Bomb Ketches, Rocket Ships and Steamships
    Weather - Removed Torrential Rain which blocks visibility
    Pikemen Animation Mod

Gabionages are not part of ER for quite some time, while steam ships bomb ketches and rocket ships are removed too as well. Weather was adjusted in ER5, probability for torrential rain is 0. Im not sure about pike animation, pikemen while still present dont really play big role in ER5, and most of the time are better just to be disbanded.

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Hey Jam et All,

Loving the battle mechanics! Very dynamic with immersive ebbs and flows.

Do you have any other mods that you're rocking with 5.0? I'v been looking for unit-re-textures like Regalia of Nation or even Ancien Regime, but I might as well be looking for the Holy Grail. I'd really like to jump all the way into ER
    5.0, but at the same don't I don't want these bland vanilla uniforms. Have any suggestions. The forums for ETW have a LOT of dead links for mods and most of my research into the mods I mentioned above are dead ends. Any feedback would be appreciated. It seems like all the accessible re-textures belong to other overhaul mods or only effect a faction or two.

There is one mod that alters vanilla uniforms, which works fine with ER5

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...opean-Nations-!

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Thank you, sir!

Liking this mod Jam I was wondering is there anyway that by building fort it would make the fort meaningful, Especially in north America or in Europe I know forts were very important during this time period. Maybe if enemy captures one of your forts or you capture one of there forts the income in that region disappears or something just to make taking a fort mean something love to have a lot of fort battles for control of regions I think that would be pretty cool thanks Jam

problem with forts lies in their size and battlements space, which doesnt work well with most of units as they end up being either stuck or blobbed. thats main reason why i only use the wooden fort, yet even that one has its issues.. Another level of issues is in AI, which doesnt know how to utilize them on campaign map, which means only forts in the open are those that were there since game start.. AI will never build a fort in the open..

Thanks for the reply I'm not a modder I figured it had something to do with A.I.

Hey Jam it's me again, was wondering if you could make natives in north America playable and add warpath units to main campaign. One more thing is there anyway to have musket armed natives switch to tomahawks when they charge and highlanders switch to broad swords I think that would add more realism that's if it's possible that is thanks great mod by the way

its something i could do in next update

Thanks JaM when is next update ? can't wait. I might be wrong in thinking this but I think natives should have a lot more melee attack and charge bonus in real life they were deadly especially to Europeans. Highlanders or scots would be awesome in melee once they draw there broad swords. Thanks again

Oldgamer's Avatar My President ...
    Illinois, and I DID obtain my concealed carry permit! I'm packin'!

Good Day, all ...

I haven't been at the TWC for years, now, but I downloaded what was arguably my favorite game, in the Total War series of games, and immediately started looking for a modification for it (since there's not a workshop at Steam for this game). You've done excellent work on Empire, the download of the mod was smooth, installation was flawless, and I've been playing the game most of this day ...

Congratulations on the mod. I sincerely appreciate your work. If I see any bugs or anything that detracts from the realism you are trying to achieve, I'll let you know.

Once again, thanks!

Hey JaM. I know you have it where some factions can't have larger ships I know they didn't have larger ships in history. I like to change history. One of my favorite faction to play is Austria, anyway can you have them recruit at least 4th or 5th rate ship of the line since I'm at war with spain right off the bat. I'd like to change history and send some troops to new world and still some colonies from spain. I can do that if I sneak around there fleets but I feel that's kinda cheating lol. If you not it was just a thought no biggy still love the mod.