Page 63 of 72 FirstFirst ... 13385354555657585960616263646566676869707172 LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1433

Thread: Empire Realism - Feedback and General Discussion

Default Re: Empire Realism - Feedback and General Discussion

decided to change the General unit to Grenadiers, as they are more common, yet still special unit than Guards, which dont make much sense to be present in North America, while Grenadiers were always there with their parent regiments. Plus, if you have seen any paintings with General leading the charge, he is usually painted in front of Grenadiers..

Also, i managed to change the radar icons to something simpler and closer to symbols used with battle maps:

Infantry is ordinary square, Artillery square with a dot in it, and commanding unit is square with cross in it.
    Last edited by JaM; January 30, 2018 at 09:17 AM.

Is it possible to add a new diplomacy effect? After sealing an alliance with X faction, you are automaticaly pushed to war against X's enemies.

nope, all these things are hardcoded. One thing i did change with diplomacy is the weight of player's diplomacy proposal. Yet AI tends to underestimate your deals anyway.. Also with ER 5.0 i have also added number value to power and prestige values to help player better assess the diplomacy situation (to see what enemy rating is on scale vs your own) Its simple 0-5 number added, where 5 is highest and 0 lowest.

Empire engine is very limited, things that are possible in Napoleon or Rome 2 are completely missing in ETW.. Who knows, maybe in future CA makes a new Empire, or somebody else does..
    this in particular seems promising: http://www.grandtactician.com/
    Last edited by JaM; January 31, 2018 at 02:04 PM.

Okay. Just a quick question: can AI declare war on a trade partner?

in general or in mod? in vanilla it happens all the time.. in ER i tried to reduce it, by increasing the positive effect trading has on both sides, anyway if you play VH, then AI might do it anyway sometimes.. especially when you hold their victory region for example..

btw, planned release, this week most likely Thursday.

as promised, version 5.0 is up. please post your feedback, or any bugs, i will update the mod on regular basis.

Thank you very much!

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

download the mod now, will give feedback here.

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

The removal of economic growth due to buildings, of the latest release, is proving to offer quite the change of pace to the campaign. With this idea in mind, do you intend to bring this feature over to NER? I would think that slowing the economic growth would make sense in the small time span of NTW, or at least less than it is now. Though, considering that one would like to continue fielding large armies, one would probably have to increase the starting region wealths.

yes, its one of things i will also add to NER.

I played through the Road to Indenpendence Campaign, Chapter 1 and 2. I think I got the gist of the new system (instead of light cavalry I used the skirmishers to run down broken, fleeing enemy units). Next is Chapter 3...

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderGenda View Post
    I played through the Road to Indenpendence Campaign, Chapter 1 and 2. I think I got the gist of the new system (instead of light cavalry I used the skirmishers to run down broken, fleeing enemy units). Next is Chapter 3...
    I meant Episodes 1 and 2.

Playing as Sweden with 5.0 up until turn 6, and Morocco (Barbary States) still hasn't inherited the barbary states, while it should have happened already according to the changelog. A bug or a faulty install?

what scripting.lua file are you using? the one that is directly in the zip file has it (Dont use lua zip files form previous version)
    Last edited by JaM; February 12, 2018 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    what scripting.lua file are you using? the one that is directly in the zip file has it (Dont use lua zip files form previous version)
    That explains it, I extracted the Swedish scripting file into the main folder; my bad, I'll start a new game.

yeah, one of forgotten changes was to discontinue the scripting files with specifically blocked land trading.. Instead, even player i prevented to trade lands, therefore only single file is needed.

Goutlard's Avatar Janissary

Something I read among the changelog before downloading :

(For example as Ottomans, you need to convert population to own religion to occupy the province without major rebellion every turn. Only way how to do it, is by sabotaging enemy religion buildings in province, yet enemy will repair them constantly, therefore sending own light cavalry to raid these buildings is more effective, as enemy cannot repair a building with enemy unit in it.. this way they lose religion conversion bonuses these buildings provide and province is easier to convert by own clerics. Plus, if enemy attacks, light cavalry can retreat, and return next turn)
    That doesn't make all that much sense to me since there were hardly any religious revolts in the Ottoman Empire because of the millet system and the policy to lower taxes when a new territory was conquered - so that people would feel as though the ottomans were less economically demanding then the previous rulers.

The way you use religion may be an interesting gameplay mechanic, but isn't historically accurate.
    Wind from the East's Awards :

rebellions are not happening with mixed populations, only if you conquer province with very low (close to 0%) own religion. Overall, this is mostly AI blocker, to make sure AI wont go on and wipe out Ottomans while they struggle economically. same thing other way around. And that part you quoted, its actually what i did in my campaign as Ottomans, where i didn't take region unless its converted at least 50%. Unrest increases autogarisson cost, therefore taking a province where population hates you calls for more trouble than what its worth..

I got through Episode 3 from The Road to Independence Campaign. I noticed three things: The scale was four turns per year, and the line infantry, with which the British AI started, did only have 100 men. Their recruitment centers did not provide line infantry, so their armies consisted mostly of colonial militia (the brownshirts).
    But otherwise I am very pleased with battles and campaigns.