Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bellum Crucis 6.1 english manual - some cool ideas

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Default Bellum Crucis 6.1 english manual - some cool ideas

If you follow the link at this post

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...84#post8697484

you can download the Bellum Crucis 6.1 manual in English.

Once it has downloaded (as a .pdf file) save and have a good read.

Looks like they have actually implemented a lot of interesting ideas some of which have (at some stage) been talked about here and other twcentre mods, but they look as though they have them working.

Might be worth having a read through the manual to see which ideas could be usefully added to Stainless Steel (not suggesting lifting stuff from them, just looking for inspiration)

I liked a screen that gave voting of a Council of Nobles, there's some interesting ideas about technology and all sorts of other goodies.

If you see anything that looks interesting and want to see if we can implement something similar please post here.

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

Default Re: Bellum Crucis 6.1 english manual - some cool ideas

Most of their scripts, heroes, garrison_scripts and the interactive scripts.

Yes, they have implemented a system which simulate a nobles council you have to take controll of. By using yours agents, improving their skills, they could get an ancillary which simbolized that they are in charge of a guild, and you will earn their seat in the council. If you don't have the majority of the council and your prestige drops down....well...prepare yourself for insurrection. You will see rebels Barons of your house takin' controll of some city and civil war will begin...

SoulBlade's Avatar Vicarius

I read the different type of campaigns and some other stuff a while ago. Keep in mind that some stuff (scripts) might break the hotseat like DLV did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Roman View Post
    Satan works in cunning way to keep us away of god. Sciene is the religion of Satan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes. View Post
    TWC is ruining my abilty to have an erection
    Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Regarding the Irish, if its between them and the Timurids:
    Irish: ran around bogs and forests munching on potatoes
    Timurids: slaughtered millions and threw empires into terror
    OK I'm not sure the Irish had potatoes in medieval times but that still doesn't tip things in their favour
    When in doubt, say - Trve Norsk Blękk Mettal

a

// [Last.fm][/SPOILER]
    Play Supremacy 1914, the free real-time strategy online games and the Browsergame of the Year 2009!

[SPOILER]

Supremacy1914 - the best MMO

Spoiler for Dangerous stuff
    Code:
    Signature stock:  

Coronation script and converting into a new religion (and forming schism) is really interesting actually. Maybe I'll download the mod and try it.

gracul's Avatar 404 Not Found
    Artifex

I actually don't see many interesting scripts that aren't in SS already (or that BGR isn't taking care off).

SonofPeverel's Avatar GLORY TOTHE BROTHERHOOD
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by redinside View Post
    Yes, they have implemented a system which simulate a nobles council you have to take controll of. By using yours agents, improving their skills, they could get an ancillary which simbolized that they are in charge of a guild, and you will earn their seat in the council. If you don't have the majority of the council and your prestige drops down....well...prepare yourself for insurrection. You will see rebels Barons of your house takin' controll of some city and civil war will begin...
    This sounds interesting. Keep up the good work guys we appriciate it.

Its very nice how they have documented everything.
    Last edited by Point Blank; February 22, 2011 at 02:30 PM.

The guilds look very interesting.
    There was a discussion ages ago (and also just recently) in SS forums about technology advances, I even remember something about spy stealing them - or was that in another game all together?
    The agents also look interesting - I know priests can become bishops - but we've never really taken it any further than that with other agents.
    The religions are expanded - again there have been discussions (in mod workshop) on how to implement religions that don't have an active faction (no regions)
    The noble council is something which I like the sound of (and beyond that some form of parliament maybe where the % approval in settlements controls the way "MP"s will vote?)
    Having three noble families vying for control of a faction sounds interesting, no idea how that would pan out.
    They've also implemented a wide range of new buildings.
    There's the aspect of having a chance to acquire a faction's territory through marriage.

We shouldn't be afraid to examine other mods for inspiration - not simply copying other people's code etc - to see if we can improve SS.

(Meanwhile I'll wait for the English translation before downloading the game - though I expect the code is in English?)

Indeed. This mod looks very interesting. It looks really complete, many RP things and diversity. I'm not sold out to SS, I've played with other mods (BC, TATW, etc.) but I will continue to improve SS. Looking on other mods is what that helps me to find new unit models and idea for recruitment (like SV buildings and recruitment). We shouldn't be shy to check outside, there's many modders who have excellent idea and we could take the base of an idea and make our own for SS

Who needs Shogun 2?

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Who needs Shogun 2?
    Until it's actually moddable anyway CA's history ability concerning even western civilization is already bad enough, and memories of those epic geshia or dooooooom has me wary of S2TW
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

The dynastic marriages and more religions and councils of earls nazarines sound the most interesting. Of course to implement the latter have to give up on some other factions.

The schisms and no Crusade unless a Catholic faction is in schism is also awesome.

Some ideas look cool indeed, especially the new-king script which has also been discussed in the SSTAIP thread - perhaps someone (a rookie scripter, perhaps) could give it a try to implement that into SS... Anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by RollingWave View Post
    Until it's actually moddable anyway CA's history ability concerning even western civilization is already bad enough, and memories of those epic geshia or dooooooom has me wary of S2TW
    Erm... You mean TWS2, don't you?

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

i most like the recruitable whiches to spread heresy to your enemies. there also alot of nice buildings like foreigner-quaters that gain growth, special units and wealth - and off cause unarest.

Content Emeritus

Has any of this inspiration found a spot in the chip?

Haven't had time to do anything so far.
    But some ideas are already available in one form or another.
    --
    Looking for inspiration to replace assassins and thieves guilds with more historical ones.
    --
    If anyone can do it, monasteries for religious Orders might be doable.
    --
    If you find anything of particular interest suggest them in the CHIP thread.

Content Emeritus

OK, thanks. I will be freed up to do some work on these around mid March and will look into implementing some of the others in BC (without stealing ) Let ya know what I come up with.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

I just love the fact that you're able to re-create the Roman Empire, or atleast if you are the Holy Roman Empire of the Byzantines if you retake all the former Roman Territory you get a nice little ancillary XD.

Wish it was in English tho, I can't understand a word of whats goin on

I've done monasteries for the CHIP mod -6 catholic and 2 orthodox, complete with priests and other character traits.
    and there will be other new buildings, ancillaries etc.

nothing taken from the BC6.1 files, all done a fresh for CHIP mod.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast