Thread: Food for thought...

Icon3 Food for thought...

As CA has so frequently said, Rome 2 will start with 8 playable factions...
    And with 6 already announced, and so many various factions so far missing out, DLC will be inevitable.
    So if a popular faction is missed out, do you think that it was planned as a way for as many people as possible to buy that faction as DLC...? Because there is little point bringing out a little, weak faction as Dlc as few will be interested in buying it!?

A bit of a side note but personally, I quite like the look of the starting line up, ESPECIALLY the Iceni and Suebi ... (Tin hat now on, ready for barrage of hate )
    Food for thought...

Default Re: Food for thought...

Here's my food for thought. Egypt and Parthia are the next 2 announced playable factions. Seleucids is a pre-order faction. Scythia, Iberia, and an unknown "NEVER BEFORE SEEN" (all dramatic like) eastern faction will be DLC.

And for future reference, if I'm wrong.. it's because Parthia and Seleucids were switched.

But seriously? Who the has ever heard of Scythia and Iberia except those who played the original Rome? now I'm questioning myself..

Of course. They cannot fit in all of the popular factions anyway. Only two spots remain, and factions like the Greek City States, Pontus, Armenia, the Seleucid Empire, Parthia, Ptolemaic Empire/Egypt and many others "fight" for the places. All of these have their own fanbases. Personally I believe that only Ptolemaic Empire (as Egypt) and either Armenia or Parthia will make it. The others will be unplayable factions or made into DLC.

I too think Iceni was a sound choice. It wasn't just a marketing choice as many would have you believe. CA plans to spread the playable factions, and Britain is large enough for one playable faction. Besides the tribe is extremely famous thanks to Boudica, the eager attitude Celts had for war and the ferocious Fianna-warriors.

The Dutch Devil's Avatar Krakiszki the Hunter
    Content Emeritus

There are already several threads on what factions will be next which is why I am closing this.

Patronized by the glorious all knowing Legio.