Page 9 of 60 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

Default Re: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

Still no luck on the Building selector issue I see. I have noticed that you get two options for each building type, one with less turns required but also less perks. The Cantonement for example, one takes 2 turns the other three, the two turns version only allows recruitement of militia?... the other is normal.

I don't mind too much so long as it does not hinder the game later on ect by "hiding" or eliminating building options. Anyone else had any long term issues with this bug?.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Cannot find an answer to this bug-just just select regular construction tab instead of the one with the pick axe hope it does not affect anything-just enjoy your campaign Report any issues please. or anything you really like

hello bran mac.
    1st very nice work, please keep doing this.
    i played several campaings for 45-60 turns and the BAI is now a real challenge and the CAI is more agresive( i love the new offensive-invasive GB; meaby denmark, spain ,and Sweden can use the same personality)
    i had the same issue with the building selector, until I delete events.lua and effects_tables.
    you will need star a new campaing to fix the bug.

2nd i notice a lot of army´s with one or two units, who going to one point to other to merge and later divided againg, this is a huge problem, especially for russia and the main powers.

sorry for my english, is not my mother tongue

Patrician

Hey thanks for finding the error. I will try to fix this.

I'm playing a campaign with Catalonia, 22 turns in, having a great time!. The Diplomacy is great, the Combat AI is very entertaining as well. I like the long fire fights.

Patrician

UPDATE: Fixed building selector bug.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; April 01, 2013 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    UPDATE: Fixed building selector bug.
    Great work, thank you so much. It really wasn't that big of a deal but still much appreciated.

I'v been trying to take portugal for a little while now and its proving difficult, they have smart campaign and battle AI, loving it.

Patrician

UPDATE: Added new triggers and CAI tweaks.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 21, 2014 at 09:46 PM.

Much better. Biggest issues with this version is the shuffling and AI goes for the center by giving up its flanks. I think this behavior comes from the shuffling at the start of the battle as the AI units in the center act like fish in an aquarium. When the AI finally wakes up it is too late.

Patrician

UPDATE:added new battle triggers for armies and units Test and report. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    UPDATE:added new battle triggers for armies and units Test and report. Thanks.

Just fought a battle against france with house of Savoy with mainly militia troops vs linesman and militia, they held a nice defensive line and we're quite intelligent, I didn't notice any shuffling problems, everything was rigid and defensive as I had greater numbers.

They were intent on shooting it out until I forced them into melee combat. Very Fun!.

I did some more battles vs france, one time their artillery did not unlimber, however is deployed inside a city and its view of my troops was completely covered by buildings so that may be why. Everything else has seemed pretty good so far.

Patrician

That is true-the arty needs to see your troops!

Ok 28 turns in as Ottomans.

Good -
    -Land battles are great now, I even lost a battle for the first time ever cavalry went for my arty and that was it starting crumbing after that
    - Nelson didn't sit on a trade node, started hanging around the channel patrolling
    - Britain landed troops in Russia, marched all the way down and attacked my city

Bad -
    I think money needs to be tweaked down. Not so much they won't build navies, roads, buildings but Austria has 5 full stack armies that I can see. And this is with 40 unit size. And no trade nodes, with me blocking their naval ports..
    - Naval AI is passive. Nelson could have attacked me and wiped out my fleet, but decided to raid the trading route literally right next to me.
    - Britain just makes one SUPER fleet. Would prefer if they broke down to have two large fleets and block trading, or attacking french and spainish fleets..
    - Britain sweden no one ever went down south to SPain to stop the trade nodes. We had control of the Ivory, tea uncontested!!

I didn't get a chance to do a single naval fight, but as far as I could see navies were repairing, also being super passive.
    PC specs:
    I-7 2600K overclocked to 4.4Ghz stable
    8 gigs of DDR3 RAM
    Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
    GTS450 Nvidia

i'm trying your latest update on my ntw i can only say it looks good because i had time to do just one battle and battle ai looked real good. my problem is that certain elite units can be produced more than once and it makes me feel awkward having six units of 42nd foot could be nice but i like my game historically accurate as much as possible is there a way to reduce the number of these elite units to the original dmn numbers?

Hi Mac, your modifications are really great, I was wondering if you could address the French Militia having a higher morale than most experienced line/elite infantry problem explained in this thread? http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...rale-reduction

Thanks!!

Bran in a 38 game turn as Portogal, and Britan still is sitting around not reparing. Sometimes they do, but it's rare..

thanks
    PC specs:
    I-7 2600K overclocked to 4.4Ghz stable
    8 gigs of DDR3 RAM
    Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
    GTS450 Nvidia

Patrician

UPDATE: Added new triggers for Navies, tweaked morale and reload and melee attack and defense for some units. Tried to fix ship repairs. Test and report.

Cheers, garrison militia seem unaffected by the morale changes, just had 2 french garrison militia with 0 experience rout my 6 units of 2 chevron line infantry XD

Patrician

UPDATE: Forgot to mod the garrison file Ok all good. I do not see how militia beat elites. Just charge them and they will break. Yes they will be destroyed. Hit them in the flank or rear and they will rout.