Page 7 of 60 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast

Thread: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

Default Re: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

Napoleon9009,

It looks like you have a very nice rig too bad you don't have a decent graphic card to go with it...I am selling a GTX560 TI if you are interested...

"Bad:
    When I tell my art to hit their art, it triggers something in the AI and they send in 1 cav unit to attack. Almost like to stop my art. But they get destroyed. Then i'll pull my art of the advancing cav and attack their artillery and boom triggers it and another cav unit comes."

This just happened to me as well. One cav at a time, towards my art. battery on a hill. Infantry in square in front of them. It was a turkey shoot.
    This seems to be quite a racist comment. The Guals did a lot more than "wonder around pillaging";
    It's not as if they were a bunch of dirty, stinking, fatherless Huns.

Quote Originally Posted by Centaure View Post
    Another battle with latest update same battle as before so here are the pros:
    -Cav is not as overpowered so that is good
    -I saw more firing at the beginning of the battle that is good

cons:
    -Arty same issue as it took a while to unlimber. Arty kept moving before finally unlimbering which came when I sent my inf up the AI line
    -Suicidal cav at the beginning of the battle is still there
    -AI was confused at times and I saw a lot of shuffling while the AI was under arty fire. I have a screen of it but I cannot post it for some reason
    -AI kept backing up avoiding contact up until it was cornered and then it went for full melee attack (positive side is cohesion between inf and cav looks even better than in the previous version)

There you go I feel you are getting closer to make this AI really great. Arty firing from the start would be a great help. The only concern I have is the shuffling compared to the previous version which reacted in a more calm and orderly manner.
    In the "suicidal" cav did you tell your artillety to attack theirs? That's what triggers it for me 99% of the time.

Also, some battles it was a nice cohesion line, one battle the entire russian army all blobbed ontop of each other. I had to move to make them spread out. Darn close buddy

Also, artillety canister shot does damage now, you did a fine job on the artillery
    PC specs:
    I-7 2600K overclocked to 4.4Ghz stable
    8 gigs of DDR3 RAM
    Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
    GTS450 Nvidia

Ok playing as great britain only 6 turns in I notice some bad things. Like someone mentioned earlier, I have 2-3 choices for docks, and trading posts. All difference prices, and some build a entire turn quicker. One of the French 122 guns, after I captured it says it's a 52 gun ship.

And the AI for naval ships needs a nerf. I had 6 ships of the line vs the french who had 2 with 3 frigits and lost 3 of my ships of the line... ridic
    PC specs:
    8 gigs of DDR3 RAM
    GTS450 Nvidia

mennelik's Avatar Civis

when you say more feat. do you mean more tech. to research because at first notice, i don't realy notice any difference at the tech tree ( 1 unit cav. stood still tough within well range of my arty) also the Prussians seperate a lot of units singular instead of forming big stacks, not that they don't do it at all, but around Berlin it seems they have a hell of a BBQ

32 turns in on my 2nd campaign. Great Britain.. Fought a huge naval battle and lost :-( Spanish didn't repair any of their ships 5 turns later. And lost the Trinidad..
    Britain is a mess to be honest. like 8 docks can be build, doubles of everything. When you choose the cheaper version they can't be upgraded further, and in britain I can fully upgrade mines without needing the required tech. Land battles arent prefect still do silly things. Naval battles are good, but not repairing navies, and I don't see them building much other then frigates.
    PC specs:
    8 gigs of DDR3 RAM
    GTS450 Nvidia

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

UPDATE: CAI tweaks- better tech research,construction,diplomacy,expansion,war,merging armies. I looked into weird construction double building and different prices and could not find why it is doing this- I did not mod any thing that would cause this behavior. Maybe Darth would know? I tested new Cav behavior and it wreaked the infantry behavior or caused Cav to be too defensive and stay out of the battle until the very endArty fires when there is movement. Move your army a bit and enemy will open fire. Shuffling lines when arty fires on enemy is an Ai bug that is part of this game that I do not know what triggers it. Maybe it is the Ai trying not to make itself a target?. In old Medieval Total War the Ai would move out of range if it was attacked by arty.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 21, 2014 at 09:37 PM.

Bran, I replied to your pm. Can you try to make navies repair?

Also if you don't want cav who commit suicide just hit their troops and not their artillery.
    If you could tweak navies, bai, and some Cai this would be perfect Imo. Your close bran. I'll continue to leave feedback.

Maybe ill try next as Spanish. See what Britain does
    PC specs:
    8 gigs of DDR3 RAM
    GTS450 Nvidia

Bran, I replied to your pm. Can you try to make navies repair?

Also if you don't want cav who commit suicide just hit their troops and not their artillery.
    If you could tweak navies, bai, and some Cai this would be perfect Imo. Your close bran. I'll continue to leave feedback.

Maybe ill try next as Spanish. See what Britain does
    PC specs:
    8 gigs of DDR3 RAM
    GTS450 Nvidia

Patrician

UPDATE: better navy repair,recruitment and spending, better spotting behavior of units on battlefield (MiKill )
    Test and see and report.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 21, 2014 at 09:37 PM.

I tried the last version which is to me the worst one unfortunately. The only bright spot is the cav behavior as I didn't see suicidal attacks. As for the rest arty did not fire a single shot. Overall there was nearly no firefights but the gamebreaker is the shuffling which was the worst I have seen. I sent my inf up to AI line which kept shuffling while my inf was firing at it. I destroyed its arty just shooting. Then all of the sudden the AI finally decided it had enough and just went for a full charge with everything it had. It was too little too late. I don't know what triggers the Arty to fire but there is definitely something wrong here. AI was just confused and didn't know what to do from start to finish.

in his last update ( not the newest) Artillery would set up, but they were using 6lbs and not in range. I had 9-12 and mine were in range. After a few minutes of getting pounded they would move their artillery up. Havent tried this last one
    PC specs:
    8 gigs of DDR3 RAM
    GTS450 Nvidia

played the 3-27 (last update) Two battles. Artillery acted pretty well. Cav. was better, still some early stupidity, but not as much. Infantry also did well. One of the battles was 13,000 (me) vs. 8,000 (austrian). So pretty easy to crush them. Second battle was 12,000 (brits) against 6,000 french (mostly militia) at Caen. Very fun battle, with brits pushing hard against the dug in french. Eventually won that one as well, but not easy.

Infantry definately seem to fire a few more volleys now.
    This seems to be quite a racist comment. The Guals did a lot more than "wonder around pillaging";
    It's not as if they were a bunch of dirty, stinking, fatherless Huns.

Patrician

Centuare I will look into that arty problem. Glad there is less suicidal Cav Shuffling bug. Tried to stop it with better spooting behavior-will have to play test more. What terrain was it on and was it a campaign battle or a custom battle?

bran sent you the latest from my finding (old patch) not your newest one. If you can tweak it I will test this weekend or tomorrow if it's done in time!
    PC specs:
    8 gigs of DDR3 RAM
    GTS450 Nvidia

While back, while I've still played DMN with Bran's stats, I've noticed that Darth's arty is having better behavior then Bran's, they unlimber as soon as they get in range, start firing, and not repositioning arty during battles. It was great in 80% of battles. The rest 20% of battles on hilly terrain is tricky, because AI would unlimber their guns even if he do not have clear line of sight, so his cannon balls would hit at slope in front of cannons. But anyway, this is much better then to have arty moving around during battle.
    I've used to keep Darth's projectile_calibration_target_area while using Bran's stats.

BTW, while I was doing some tests, I've saw that THE BEST battles were when I've fought battles with ONLY fussiliers vs ONLY foot.
    Beautiful line cohesion, gunfights, when my line got thin, AI charged with bayonets. Beautiful!!!
    As soon as I use mix of inf, AI problems starts.
    I think that problem is that AI is trying to hit your weakest parts of your line and by that I mean he tries to press your light inf with his line inf and your line inf with his grenadiers.
    That leads to confusion within AI line so he starts to do famous angled attacks and to reforming in front of your lines while getting shoot at.

Patrician

UPDATE: Changed projectile calibration for Arty, Better recruitment for CAV and Arty, Better chance of Ottoman and British to build Cannons. Changed Tech Research priorities for more military.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 21, 2014 at 09:40 PM.

You are really tireless these past months
    +rep for all of your efforts to improve this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    UPDATE: Changed projectile calibration for Arty, Better recruitment for CAV and Arty, Better chance of Ottoman and British to build Cannons. Changed Tech Research priorities for more military.
    Changed chance of British and ottomans only? In my campaign I was playing them. Russia and spain slammed cavalry.never had any artillery in their armies..

Also, I had a complete naval blockade vs Spain for a lot of turns. They still had seven or eight full stack armies. I couldnt starve them.. can you lower the income without making it so they dont stop building navies and cities?
    PC specs:
    8 gigs of DDR3 RAM
    GTS450 Nvidia

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    Centuare I will look into that arty problem. Glad there is less suicidal Cav Shuffling bug. Tried to stop it with better spooting behavior-will have to play test more. What terrain was it on and was it a campaign battle or a custom battle?
    Campaign battle, 45 units on hilly terrain (but not so much I have attached 2 pics of the full melee I got) which is the same battle I have been testing all along. French against Brits (I am playing French). AI has regular arty units, howitzers and experimental howitzers. AI also has overall more arty units. From my side I have regular arty and mounted howitzers.

I did test this morning the same battle with Darth's AI ( Beta 11 which was the last one, I did not download the 2.65). AI gave me a beautiful battle and AI arty returned fire as soon as I unlimbered. I nearly lost that battle along with 65% of my army.

Pics of the full melee:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 25-03-2013 00-04-39.jpg   25-03-2013 00-16-40.jpg