Page 54 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4294445464748495051525354555657585960 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1188

Thread: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

Civis

Default Re: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

Bran Mac Born

Thank you for the new settings and continuing to give back to us. It means the world. Thank you.

Respectfully Blake.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Hey thanks. Please give some feedback on the new settings-how your campaign is going and how the battles play out.

Civis

Campaign AI works like it should, but as our previous conversations suggest their is no way to get the BAI to form proper musket lines in battle and stop going for melee constantly. I also notice that the BAI will still continuously criss-cross their lines when being fired upon and when defending they shift from one side of the field to the other, overall as you said their is nothing that can be done about that since it is hard codded.

I always wondered since the game AI responds much better to 20 unit battles instead of 40, would it be feasible to increase unit numbers 500-600 men per unit, while altering the Formation Spacing Verticle/Horizontal so that the units will be in longer line. Just a thought, because it really is frustrating when the BAI can not attack in normal lines and fire back than rather going to a blob melee.

PS. AI on campaign works great and it seems much more intelligent!!!!!!!

Patrician

Use the larger deployment zones and sirlions battle map enlargement mod. Are you using the new volley fire version? What battle difficulty are you using? Sorry but in my tests the enemy form lines and shoot-If the Ai thinks it will do better with a bayonet charge it will. PLAY ON NORMAL BATTLE DIFFICULTY- TEST with smaller unit multipliers - reduce units overlaping-that is a pathfinding error. If you are the attacker the the ai is defending THEN attack-the enemy ai WILL respond to your movements. That will stop shuffling. I will test some things with Darth formation bin file and see if I can reduce the shuffle.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 09, 2018 at 04:28 AM.

Civis

Bran Mac Born

Greetings, Yes I use the larger deployment zones, and sirlions battle map mods. Yes I also use the new volly fire version, but I have multiple other unit mod packs included also. I use the normal difficult hoping that would help. What is unit multipliers if I may ask? Yes most of the times when I do attack the enemy army will continue to shuffle in front of me and continue to get shot without attacking. Thanks Bran for the help

Res. BL.

Could you make a mix of
    Hard Economy Version see post #6
    Defensive Campaign version see post #9

VOLLEY FIRE/LESS ACCURACY see post #15
    ?
    please
    Last edited by Ikeis93; March 11, 2018 at 06:11 PM.

Patrician

NEW: VOLLEY FIRE/LESS ACCURACY/DEFENSIVE CAMPAIGN/HARD ECONOMYBY REQUEST
    Ai factions are more Defensive and less aggressive and money will be in short supply. So be careful in what you spend it on. Less armies on the map so battles will be very important.
    POST #16

Patrician

bcl1212: campaign unit multiplier-you can change in the custom user script in the DarthMod launcher. Lower it to below 1.5-it is a 2 originally-Also you need to change it in your preferences file also. I have not seen that shuffle behavior IF you attack-If you stay back the AI will move around their units-this is a programming error of the game. SO just you attack the AI just send a Cav unit to harrass their line and draw them out-while you move up your troops. If you defend the Ai always will attack. Are you using 40 unit battles? In any case move your army!

Civis

Sounds good Bran Mac Born, I will give it a try. Did anyone find out if we could manually change the fire by rank to fire_volley with PFM? I wanted to change it for some Unit packs that are not included with DarthMod.
    Thanks.

Patrician

Of course you can.

Patrician

SPECIAL: LIONHEART X10 LET'S PLAY VERSION Updated with mass Volley Fire. Better BAI response. Campaign AI tweaks, morale and fatigue, building effects tweaks, new trigger events, new effects for light infantry units so they can be useful in battle. save game compatible.

UNIT ADD ON PACKS:
    DOWNLOAD:http://www.mediafire.com/file/40yo5n..._ADD_ON_VF.rar
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 13, 2018 at 03:25 PM.

Patrician

NEW: VOLLEY FIRE/FOG OF WAR/LESS ACCURACYBY REQUEST. Units use mass Volley Fire and all have hide abilities on the Battlefield so you must scout the battle field to get into spotting range to discover them. All units have campaign map stealth ability so ambush attacks are more of a possible- so use your spies. see POST #18
    Remember you need to download the new Unit Add On files modded for Fog of War. Feedback is requested
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 22, 2018 at 03:01 AM.

Patrician

FIX: Recruitment bug for all Volley fire versions fixed.

Is this the one I was having issues with. For the FIX, where do I download it?

Sorry for the repost: I don't know how to edit posts with this forum design.

In reference to thread I posted my problem earlier.

I used VOLLEY FIRE/LESS ACCURACY see post #15

I installed all the updated unit packs, and the re-upload of the files posted. Still having the issue. Is it save game compatible?

Patrician

I looked at the uploads from last night and I saw that the changes I made were not in the files? WTF? I opened the fixed files and the pack file manager DID NOT save the corrections!!!!!! I just uploaded the new fixes and dowloaded the file and opened them up and they are correct now.No need to download all the unit add ons again just the update on the original post. I always just replace it with the new file. Install the updated file-save game compatible. I would go back to an earlier save game BEFORE you made the army staff college and playthrough and rebuild it and then see if you can recruit Also build one in another city and see if it works there. please post a picture of the pronlem from the campaign map. I had this problem before playing NTW3 mod. It has to do with the recruitment points and such in the building effect tables.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 25, 2018 at 03:56 PM.

Patrician

UPDATE: Reuploaded the volley fire version fixes as the PFM did not save the changes. Crazy.

Bran, what the different between your submod in post 1, and x10 Lionheart versions?

Patrician

The Lionheart version has special tweaks- higher regional defense,different diplomatic settings, expansion settings,economic settings,ai bonuses and player difficulties,some unit stat changes etc. These are for things that he likes when he plays and for a a better Let's play to make it more entertaining to watch. It is not so difficult that he would give up on the campaign-like some other you tuber's have using Bran settings. For the most part You Tuber's DO NOT want the game to beat them down as it makes them look bad and they loose viewership as they get frustrated-so they resort in using game exploits and cheats to win-Legend of Total War comes to mind.

if I want a more realistic version with more realism of diplomacy and battles not in 10-15 minutes? which one to choose?