Page 49 of 60 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

Dear Bran, is there a way to tone down the sound when units are in melee? this is a major drawback in darthnapoleon and can you make your final release version with cannister shot more devastating in close rages, more powerfull ship cannons and maybe more blood??

bran mac bron, i have installed your music mod with the bands, but the different faction bands play the wrong songs, for ex: a french band playing a scottish song etc, its weird, if u know what i might have done wrong can u let me know please haha, thanks mate

born*

Trying to jump back into this game with DME and Bran's edits... But the same thing that bothered me about this game 3-4 years ago is still the issue. Every battle I play just ends up with a couple of sloppy volleys and then the AI just charges my line.

Anyone know if any of Bran's files cut back on this, or if there's another mod altogether that has some proper shooting, instead of the kamikaze line rush? I should mention too, this has all been in custom battles, if I remember correctly, the issue doesn't seem quite as bad in campaigns for some reason. Anyone else notice that?

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

The custom battles are different-Play Campaign Battles. The mod is made for campaigns.

Thanks for the reply Bran! I'll give it a go with 40 unit saves, but not the x2 unit sizes, I wonder sometimes if the 400-500 man units cause weird behaviour.

Patrician

Indeed too large units do not work well. I use 1.4-1.6 unit scale size not 2x-causes too many problems with pathfinding and blobbing.

Hi Bran,

I enjoy your sub-mod very much and I have one "small" request: can you please modify the stats for the volley-fire ? I am a noob in this aspect and i didn't manage to do this with the PFM.

Thanks in advance !

Patrician

Kogan you have to go into the unit add_on packs and change it yourself. I am working on NTW 3 right now.

Hi Bran, thanks for all that you do.

I have a major request, but one I think a lot in here would enjoy a lot and could help expand Darthmod to the more "serious" fan base instead of them constantly talking down about it. The reason they talk down on it is because they call it a cheat mod, meaning you make so much money and boats travel huge distances that it is not even a challenge. Even with your VERY HARD economy add, I was still bringing in 22K in the very first 10 turns annually.

I recently played another great mode called "Minor Factions Revenge". I loved their economy as I usually only got 8K per turn after setting up my trade deals and working on economy by turn 10. But the best part is, the AI was also hampered by it so that meant you did not see stacks and stacks of armies running rampant. For the first 50 turns you really grow a connection with each of your rag tag militia/line infantry armies with outdated cannons because that is all you can afford.

So my request, please bring the MFR mod economy to Darthmod. Even better bring all of Darthmod's mechanics to MFR.

MFR gave me the best campaign I have ever had, but Darthmod...you just can't ignore how polished and nice looking it is (especially with NTW effects). Blend the best of two mods I recommend.

Patrician

Switz-Here is your Hard Economy even Harder
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi bran, are you going to make a version of AUM Napoleon with your tweaks like you did for empire? Thanks.

Patrician

Updated HARD ECONOMY version with even harder economy. Post#6
    Hardest Economy-Tough Going.108.3kb
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; June 12, 2017 at 06:31 PM.

Patrician

UPDATED:SPECIAL LET'S PLAY VERSION FOR LIONHEARTX10
    Better Regional Defense, Better AI Military Building Upgrades, Better AI Tech, Better AI Building Upgrades, Better AI expansion, Small bonus for fort cannons, Better allied help from AI.Better AI Invasion Armies-no more suicide single armies- Ai will attack in force.
    NOTE: Changed Region Group Defense settings so armies do not mass so much together on campaign map. SAVE GAME COMPATIBLE. 06/12/18
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; June 12, 2018 at 01:26 PM.

--
    Last edited by BlackFire Forge; September 03, 2019 at 06:37 PM.

Patrician

Use Mozilla Firefox. There is nothing malicious about it.

^
    that, but I wonder why this is happening nowadays, it used to be ok, Im afraid its gonna set people back from downloading mods here on twc

Patrician

Update: MORE DEFENSIVE CAMPAIGN. Better Regional Defense, Better AI Regional Development and Upgraded Buildings.
    See Post #9

Patrician

Any feedback is most welcome.

--
    Last edited by BlackFire Forge; September 03, 2019 at 06:38 PM.