Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

Default Re: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

Starting this newest build now.
    This seems to be quite a racist comment. The Guals did a lot more than "wonder around pillaging";
    It's not as if they were a bunch of dirty, stinking, fatherless Huns.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

CANISTER SHOT FIXED! Cav stop fixed.

Patrician

deleted
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 21, 2014 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    UPDATE CANNISTER SHOT FIX and CAV Stop fixed.
    Bran, I played some battles last night. I am assuming the cav stop fix is for what I witnessed. The Ai cav charged my musket line only to stop right in front of them and get slaughtered. I did witness something that I definitely liked and I don't know if it has to do with your changes,but when defending the ai no longer just unleashes its forces haphazardly allowing you to just defend a great position and pummel them with artillery instead of having take their position. The ai sat in a good spot until I brought artillery within range. I suspect if I did not have artillery they would have just held their position, like they should when faced by a superior enemy force that's attacking. The ai has been behaving as it should when it's defending making you take their ground and opening yourself up to their artillery first

Played through August 1805, using the latest build posted today. Major powers; England, Prussia, Austria seem quite passive. I had done a quick test campaign with one of the previous builds, and England had invaded france in May.

What is interesting is the small powers are much more aggressive, and they are aiding their allies. The few battles I've fought have been as reinforcements for some of the small german states against Austria. I just helpled Italy capture Venice. So the small powers seem to be much more aggressive, but the majors aren't.
    This seems to be quite a racist comment. The Guals did a lot more than "wonder around pillaging";

Quote Originally Posted by A_B View Post
    Played through August 1805, using the latest build posted today. Major powers; England, Prussia, Austria seem quite passive. I had done a quick test campaign with one of the previous builds, and England had invaded france in May.

What is interesting is the small powers are much more aggressive, and they are aiding their allies. The few battles I've fought have been as reinforcements for some of the small german states against Austria. I just helpled Italy capture Venice. So the small powers seem to be much more aggressive, but the majors aren't.
    What faction and campaign difficulty in your preferences? Using France I was being attacked by Prussia and Austria by June. You seem to be correct about the Brits, they took Corsica from me but not until late 1805.

France, 40 Unit. I believe it is hard by default, and I haven't changed it.

Quote Originally Posted by A_B View Post
    France, 40 Unit. I believe it is hard by default, and I haven't changed it.
    Try changing your difficulty settings in the preferences, it may help. Although you may have to start over, not sure.
    C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts

I have my campaign difficulty set to very hard in preferences.

Its on very hard strat, hard battles.

Update; Late Dec. 1805. British have a full stack in Nelsons fleet, but haven't landed it in four turns. They went as far south as Gibralter, but then came to the Brittany coast. I've been allied with the Danish since the second turn, perhaps that has had an effect?

I did finally go to war with the Prussians last turn. They attacked Kessel-Hessian, and I came in on my allies side. The same turn, Austria started a major push. Took Bavaria with a full stack, and have two more coming right up behind that one.

I can't really tell yet if the large powers are being aggressive enough. England will get slaughtered if they land in N France, so its smart of them not to. Austrians have been passive until this last turn. Perhaps they needed someone else in the game against France before they would commit to a major offensive.
    Last edited by A_B; February 23, 2013 at 09:56 PM.

If you have everything well defended the Brits aren't going to chance getting a 40 unit stack annihilated. If this is just a test campaign try weakening your defences and see what happens. Although it might take them a few turns to figure out you are weak somewhere and attack.

Patrician

NEW UPDATE: Better Regional Economic Development, Adjusted Defense Priorities, and Canister Fix and Cav Stop fix(as far as I am capable of-some Seems that Heavy Cav is most affected-Lancers and Light Cav work OK. I do not know what causes this weird behavior). Previous file was not correct!- this one is! Have so many files that I am testing. Human error sorry
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 21, 2014 at 09:12 PM.

Patrician

Pics of the Invasion of France August 1806. The Brits have 3 regions the Prussians one and the Austrians just attacked. I destroyed the Danes after they captured one region.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Austrians Invade France.jpg   Austrians take Northern Italy.jpg   The Danes Attack from Naval Invasion.jpg  

Patrician

A_B the AI needs time to build armies-you will see major action in 1806. New update has better building settings. New Cav settings test.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; February 24, 2013 at 06:49 AM.

Patrician

Campaign ok. I will be working on the Battle AI again to get better Cav behavior.

Patrician

LATEST UPDATE: New Battle AI settings. Please test on Expert settings.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 21, 2014 at 09:13 PM.

will give it a go.

Update, very next turn Brits land in the the province France has in Germany (Hamburg? whatever it's name is) and siege the town. Prussian full stack also waiting to assult. Epic battle if they attack. I just completed a small star fort. If I have to break the siege, another epic battle. i win either way!

I've only played on big battle, against the Austrians. I can't tell too much of a change. They were more conservative, drawing me in, and unleashing their cavalry to some effect. I did notice that their artillery didn't unlimber for some time. They could have been pounding my lines while I advanced, and they didn't.

These 40 unit battle are hard to track...so much going on. It'll take me a little time to draw conclusions.
    Last edited by A_B; February 24, 2013 at 02:45 PM.

Patrician

For 40 unit battle use default_camera_type 2 in your preferences folder. I have not seen that behavior of not unlimbering before. Will test it out. In all my battles the Austrians just unleash a bombardment on me as soon as I am in range.

Patrician

UPDATE; Battle AI and projectile tweaks.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 21, 2014 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    UPDATE; Battle AI and projectile tweaks.
    Bran, does it fix the AI heavy cav from stopping now?