Page 10 of 60 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

Default Re: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

great work dude, I'll report any misbehaving but I think the morale changes are one step closer to a more balanced and realistic campaign

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

UPDATE:Added more event triggers for artillery,cavalry, battles,experience,naval behavior
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; February 15, 2015 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    UPDATE:Added more event triggers for artillery,cavalry, battles,experience,naval behavior
    I noticed today that up close enemy artillery couldnt hit my troops fighting one of their units of men. The canister was shooting above them and the cannon balls were hitting the ground infront of them.

Not sure if this just just a game engine bug or a freak occurance but thought I would mention it.

Patrician

UPDATE: Changed back to earlier version of event triggers cause new lines from last update messed with the arty
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; February 15, 2015 at 07:36 PM.

Patrician

UPDATE: New event triggers for naval repairs, ai campaign behavior for naval repairs and port protection, and tweaked naval morale to see if ship surrenders-Please test if this gets the AI to repair its ships and in battle if ship surrenders
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; February 15, 2015 at 07:36 PM.

will test in a couple hours and let ya know!
    PC specs:
    I-7 2600K overclocked to 4.4Ghz stable
    8 gigs of DDR3 RAM
    Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
    GTS450 Nvidia

What do I need to do to add these submods? Edit user script? Or simply copy and paste them into the data folder? Also...which of these files are "updated" and which are outdated?

Just gave a try with a 45 unit battle and here are the cons:

- AI goes for the center every time
    - No flanking
    - AI does not react to my own flanking. Inf does not form square when being charged by cav and I wiped out half of AI line with 3 cav units. However AI will form square when my cav is not around...
    - Cav less in synch with inf
    - Arty is a non factor. I am not sure if it is because of the targeting but AI arty will fire at one of my units and then move to another target which turns out to be useless.

pros:

- Still good cohesion for inf
    - Arty fires right away
    - Melees very cinematic

Conclusion it would be great if AI would attack weaker units in particular with the help of arty. To me the AI is predictable so it is easy to prepare for the attack to the center and flank with cav. Maybe using HK's group formations would help and it would also give less repetitive battles. Another suggestion I have is regarding cav which I think should see its bonus charge substantially increased. To me if an inf unit is being charged ( and not in square formation) by heavy cav or lanciers in particular it should be wiped out or at least rout if it is not an elite unit. Cav should then be more vulnerable in melees except heavy cav or at least less vulnerable.

Hope this helps

PS: Forgot to add that AI does not know how to use its skirmishers as they are left behind AI lines and do not move during the battle. I see that behavior with skirmishers and light inf. However I am starting to wonder if it is not because I play with 45 units as it is usually 4 or 5 units left behind. Is AI only set to handle 40 unit max? Just brainstorming here...
    Last edited by Centaure; April 05, 2013 at 04:29 PM.

Centaure about sums it up I think.

Patrician

Are you just overwriting the old file or are your deleting it and pasting the new update into your data folder-cause sometime the over write do not work correctly and results in strange behavior. Auburn the Updates are the total file do use that. Make a back up copy of your DMN_Darth_Mod_Napoleon file then delete it and paste my mod file into your napoleon total war data folder. that is it. Will test out what you see about going for the center- I will try to fix that

I always move the old file to my archive folder and then place the new one in the data folder. I keep all the files

Patrician

UPDATE: Changed back to older trigger events file=Good BAI behavior Killer diller Cav attacks with infantry. Enemy does not attack the center will attack one side of your line move to you left or right-still good line cohesion. Test and see.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; February 12, 2016 at 08:30 PM.

Patrician

New test campaign with latest build. Picture-BRITAIN naval invaded Spain and took it over in August 1805
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Britain takes Spain 1805.jpg  

Cav behavior is broken in this version. First of all when it attacks or wants to attack it stops and then go sideways before making contact which results in massive losses. Secondly AI only sent 3 cav units to support inf attack and it left 7 cav to protect its arty throughout the entire battle. Once I defeated the enemy inf AI sent its cav to attack my arty one unit after the other... first time I see this behavior. Regarding the 3 cav units that attacked at the beginning 1 went for my center and the other 2 attacked my flanks without inf support and following the pattern I described above needless to says they got wiped out. By the way it attacked my inf that was forming square a while ago. I did not get to see if cav bonus charge was increased as it did not make contact with inf (not forming square). I also saw quite a bit of shuffling as well and AI left its skirmishers and some light inf idled at the back of his line as usual (5 units total).

As for the positive the AI inf when it attacked did not go for the center only. The attacks were concentrated on 3 or 4 points of my line so it divided its efforts more wisely.

By the way I definitely spotted where the arty not unlimbering issue comes from. For the AI arty to unlimber you need to unlimber all your own arty units if not it will not unlimber.
    I have tried it in 2 battles and it worked every time. It would be good to change that behavior so that AI would unlimber when it is in range and not just react to the player moves.

PS: The best cav behavior you had was in version post 145 or 146.
    Last edited by Centaure; April 06, 2013 at 10:57 AM.

Patrician

Thanks for the report Sir,Will investigate and improve

You are most welcome and thanks for your efforts my good man

Patrician

UPDATE:Change KV rules for Cav,added back new events lua. file, ( does not bug the construction tab) re wrote trigger events table. Better Cav behavior flanking. Ai attacks whole line not only center at least in my tests. Try it and report.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ok cav behavior is still an issue. It stops and attacks sideways and now it is not just the AI but also my own cav acting up. My cav makes strange trajectories to attack and it stops at some point during attacks so I have to order them to attack again. It looks like a pathfinding issue. AI still does not react to my flanking and AI inf does not form square when being charged by my cav. As for AI flanking 2 cav units tried but their behavior (stop and go) makes them easy targets for inf fire. AI still leaves behind its skirmishers and a few light inf unit (5 units total).

Quote Originally Posted by Centaure View Post
    Ok cav behavior is still an issue. It stops and attacks sideways and now it is not just the AI but also my own cav acting up. My cav makes strange trajectories to attack and it stops at some point during attacks so I have to order them to attack again. It looks like a pathfinding issue. AI still does not react to my flanking and AI inf does not form square when being charged by my cav. As for AI flanking 2 cav units tried but their behavior (stop and go) makes them easy targets for inf fire. AI still leaves behind its skirmishers and a few light inf unit (5 units total).
    I have noticed similar issues with my cavalry, they don't respond very well. I have also noticed enemy infantry failing to form squares in defense of cavalry attacks, they will just form a line and fire on them or get into melee.

The artillery seems to be working well now, they also still continue to unlimber and fire quickly so thats good.

Patrician

Will be uploading newer version soon after testing to correct this behavior.