Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 83348495051525354555657585960 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1188

Thread: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

Make sure you set up Darthmod first-set all the settings you want in the Darthmod Launcher-start Darthmod-let it load when you are in the game exit -then install the Bran settings mod.

Libertus

I'm using volley fire post 31 and I realised that certain units can't volley fire such as the irish brigade for portugal and saxony's regiment of foot, incrdibly obsure I know but i feel like playing minor factions which for some reason have some pretty sweet unique units
    edit: this was meant to be a question for DME but I accidentally posted it here and I don't know how to delete posts
    Last edited by lordgeorgr141; July 03, 2019 at 08:23 AM.

Hey Bran. Is there a version with units in tight formations available?

Hi, great sub mod! I've got a couple of questions:

For the volley fire versions, how can I make it so only the first two ranks fire?

I wanted to adjust some projectile accuracies, but Pack File Manager (ver 5.2.0) throws a NullReferenceException when I try to open the Projectiles Table. How can I edit this table?

Also, how would one go about restoring the vanilla mechanic for the light infantry behavior ability, so your line infantry can shoot through loose skirmisher formations without all the collateral damage?

So I was able to get a 2-rank fire by reducing the close formation spacing. NTW uses 0.65, but 0.7 seems to achieve the desired results without unit models clipping through eachother so much. I was able to open the projectiles table by using an older version of pack file manager (3.5.2).

Does anybody know if this works with Napoleon's Campaigns, or is it just the 'grand' campaign? I'm wondering specifically about the BAI. As far as I can tell from one battle it seems to be a bit better, but that was against an army that had already been decimated having lost at least half the men per unit and only having 11 units. I can't bring myself to play a vanilla TW game anymore, and I want to make sure I'm not just imagining things only to be let down after I really get going. I'm damaged goods now, thanks to Rome 2...

Patrician

Aedarin it works for all campaigns.

Hi Bran
    I play with realism version, could you make the unit formation more thight like you did in DME Edit ?

Thanks you for the quick reply, THOUGHT I had answered you for your help,
    but alas somthing went wrong at my end! AGAIN THANKS

Hi Bran, I have installed your submod for first time, but I see there is not anymore the fire by ranks, why did you disable that of darthmod?

I think I have understood, you did it just to improve BAI, but I'm not sure if I have installed correctly your submod (realism version), soldiers seem to be firing like in vanilla, only the first fire it's a volley, then they fire randomly, not simultaneously (pic in this post).

Excuse me if this is a dumb question, I'm a newbie, I have just bought napoleon total war.

Hey Mac, I just wanted to drop this comment commending you on your work with this sub-mod. From my experience it is the best version of Napoleon hands down. I recently got back into Napoleon and I was looking for the best mod experience....I played Darthmod for Empire, but I figured there was an alternative for Napoleon...maybe something more up to date...Nevertheless, I tried LME 4 with Realism core v5...and I was severely disappointed by the BAI...I could literally win battles of 5,000 vs 10,000 without taking a single casualty... With Darthmod and your edits (realism version) the battles feel genuinely authentic...So thanks and kudos

Hey Bran, you recommend using 1.5-1.8 unit sizes in the description for better pathfinding...But how do I apply that to the 40 unit saves? I was able to use esf editor to make my own 40 unit save with 1.8x multiplier, but my problem is that this means I'm missing the UI mod that allows for smaller unit icons. And the script changes I made for 1.8 multiplier wont show up in the pre-fab 40 unit saves.... :/

Patrician

revanvonbrant-You can change it in the preferences script in all versions of the darthmod you use for campaigns-look in the campaigns folder. Been years since I have modded this so that is what I remember.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; August 03, 2020 at 04:24 PM.

hi first of all i must say this mod is one of the best but theres one thing that i hate is the buildings and fort health is too high, is there a way for me to change the buildings health to vanilla levels? if there is how?

Quote Originally Posted by Proviewpt View Post
    hi first of all i must say this mod is one of the best but theres one thing that i hate is the buildings and fort health is too high, is there a way for me to change the buildings health to vanilla levels? if there is how?
    ok im attempting to use the packfile manager and i opened the dmn_darthmod_napoleon.pack where do i go from here to edit the buildings and fort health levels?

alright ive managed to find the buildings and fort health levels, um do you know more or less what the vanilla hitpoints were before?

alright i found it! i went to the data.pack and i checked what the vannila levels were, WOW darthmod increased the buildings health to a really crazed level!! :O

Has anyone tried this from post #1 ? Unzipped to data but they don't show when picking a battle, thank you kindly for any thoughts ...

NEW: Battleterrian mod by Sirlion and Maximum Battlefields by Live2sculpt combined. Battleterrian mod changes the terrian and deployment zones on the battlefield maps and Maximum Battlefields enlarges the battle maps to 4x4 size for huge battlefields. There is now 30 different battlefields that the game engine can choose from-so no more of the same thing everytime. This mod is in movie format so just unpack it into your Napoleon Total War data folder.