Thread: Can I play as Spartacus

Default Can I play as Spartacus

Hello there
    This is one incredibly well made mod. Big thanks to the mod (dev) team.
    I have a simple question,though. Is it possible to play somehow with Spartacus
    I know it is a rebel faction, but still ...

Regards !
    Oleg

Default Re: Can I play as Spartacus

I necroed again.

whoops.
    炸鸡

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg Videnov View Post
    Hello there
    This is one incredibly well made mod. Big thanks to the mod (dev) team.
    I have a simple question,though. Is it possible to play somehow with Spartacus
    I know it is a rebel faction, but still ...

Regards !
    Oleg
    Thanks for your feedback (on behalf of the current Mod team).

It's not possible to play as Spartacus, but you could try the Crassus campaign - watch out for the nasty horse archers!

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

There was around one minimod which allows the player to play as Spartacus in 77BC mod but I am not sure wether there is still working link availbale.

Quote Originally Posted by demagogos nicator View Post
    There was around one minimod which allows the player to play as Spartacus in 77BC mod but I am not sure wether there is still working link availbale.
    Found it: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tacus-mini-mod
    It was made by Salvor so it probably rocks. I haven't tried it myself.

Sorry about the messy forums - I need to do some spring cleaning

neodio's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by King Philip II View Post
    Found it: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tacus-mini-mod
    It was made by Salvor so it probably rocks. I haven't tried it myself.

Sorry about the messy forums - I need to do some spring cleaning
    Ahoy!

It seems the Spartacus mod has been lost in time, reading about it seemed great though.

I've tried making my own campaign with TiME Campaign Editor v0.5, but I could only make an innacurate and unplayable map since I am still not familiar with RTW modding.

However, if you really want to play as Spartacus, on 77 B.C. Twilight of the Republic v2.1, there's a 'new_faction' that is actually Spartacus' Rebel faction. (not the 'slave')

On your 77 BC folder, in '\data\world\maps\campaign\barbarian_invasion' edit the 'descr_strat' file with notepad and change the 'new_faction' into playable.
    You can use my descr_strat if you wish:
    Attachment 279590
    If you use this file or if you edit your own, make sure you backup the original 'descr_strat' first or just rename it to 'descr_strat original'

When you start the game and select the Rebel faction, the FREE Dev Team gives an ingame warning that this campaign is not supposed to be played and that it might not be able to be finished. You start with Spartacus and Catilina, their respective armies, at the top right corner of the map, which is the only 'not so good' situation, other than that, it's great, you can either conquer everything in your way or make your way into Italy. I personally travelled back to Italy and took out both Roman factions leaving Rome for last, it was quite interesting killing Crassus, Caesar and Pompey with Spartacus and his own army :]

I would advise this thread to download all the FREE Dev Team mods, the link is up.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ingle-download!

neodio's Avatar Laetus

(Apologies for double posting, I'm new to these forums, and I cannot find the edit button for my previous post...)

I forgot to say something important, if anyone uses the above method - editing the descr_strat of the 77BC mod to enable the Spartacus/Roman Rebels' faction - at the start, your units might be stuck, even if you end the turn, they can still remain stuck, I have no idea what causes this. However, to solve this, just hire 1 mercenary for Spartacus (or other General/Family member), and this new mercenary will be able to move. Then remove him from your army and move him back in to "activate" the rest of the units, also move activated units to the other armies to enable them as well. After that everything should work just fine

As a final note, I tried to change the spawn location, managed to position Spartacus and the other 2 armies near Brundisium but whenever I finished the turn the game would crash, so if no one experienced enough can fix this, I guess whoever wants to be Spartacus needs to start near Terra Incognita, but it's well worth it.

The attachement above seems to have failed, so I will just upload my descr_strat to sendspace:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/seppo5 - It only has the "new_faction" aka Roman Rebels set as playable.

While I'm at it, to the FREE Dev Team, thank you very much for this mod, the whole FREE mods collection is really amazing and recreates my favorite moment of Roman History, downfall of the Republic and rise of the Empire.

Thanks for posting this neodio! Good work. +rep

My apologies for all the broken links to downloads. If we can't locate the Installer for Salvor Hardin's Spartacus mini-mod, then I see no problem in posting your mod as an unofficial submod here. Provided of course that it's polished and playtested by others.

While I'm at it, to the FREE Dev Team, thank you very much for this mod, the whole FREE mods collection is really amazing and recreates my favorite moment of Roman History, downfall of the Republic and rise of the Empire.
    On behalf of the FRRE Team: Thanks for the kind words. Much appreciated.

Edit: I don't have much technical insight in 77BC, so I'm afraid that I can't help you with the specific questions you have. Did you remember to delete map.rwm?

Edit2: just remembered that I included Spartacus in the TFT2 project as a potential campaign. If we can't recover Salvor's Spartacus Mod then you could work on this as part of the TFT2 (M2TW) project if you are interested? Please PM me if you are and/or see our recruitment adverts in post #3 of the below thread.
    More info in item #5) here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post12847200

neodio's Avatar Laetus

Apologies, I don't mean to bend the rules, but for some reason I kept getting that error of the top of that screenshot, I removed all the links and I have absolutely no idea what forbidden words I might be using, to be honest I don't think I'm using any censurable words.

I hope this post gets through...I'll also leave here a Sendspace link with my last descr_strat since I cannot be sure if the attachment worked:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/7q57p2

Regards and thanks one more time!

Quote Originally Posted by neodio View Post

Apologies, I don't mean to bend the rules, but for some reason I kept getting that error of the top of that screenshot, I removed all the links and I have absolutely no idea what forbidden words I might be using, to be honest I don't think I'm using any censurable words.

I hope this post gets through...I'll also leave here a Sendspace link with my last descr_strat since I cannot be sure if the attachment worked:

I'm not sure what caused that forum error. It's probably because you have very few posts and there are some restrictions for attachments, links etc. for new members. See Forums FAQ for more and/or just post a few "Good post + " in Thema Davies here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...?6-Thema-Devia to get your post count up.

We are in a subforum (FRRE) so I don't think the Moderators are that vigilant about it.

neodio's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by King Philip II View Post
    I'm not sure what caused that forum error. It's probably because you have very few posts and there are some restrictions for attachments, links etc. for new members. See Forums FAQ for more and/or just post a few "Good post + " in Thema Davies here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...?6-Thema-Devia to get your post count up.

We are in a subforum (FRRE) so I don't think the Moderators are that vigilant about it.
    Thank you, it's still odd though, I actually removed all links and 1 emote before attaching the file and had the same error, it can only be some "forbidden word" that is activating the posting filter...I think it might be a VBulletin anti-spam plug-in bug to be honest, I can't really find any censurable word.

Moving on, I finally have M2TW installed, first thing I did was unlock the Portuguese faction so I could play a bit with it, the modding seems almost the same, I will be glad to contribute to your project if possible.

I'm not sure why you couldn't post that. Please contact a moderator (after reading the FAQ) if it happens again.

Moving on, I finally have M2TW installed, first thing I did was unlock the Portuguese faction so I could play a bit with it, the modding seems almost the same, I will be glad to contribute to your project if possible.
    Yeah, the text editing/scripting is not that different between RTW and M2TW. In fact I'm currently coding a new feature for M2TW, but using RTW as my Sandbox. It's good news that you are interested in TFT2 - let's continue this conversation via PM.

Quote Originally Posted by neodio View Post

Hi NeoDio,

I have been attempting to acquire your descr_strat as I am unable to do the modifying to it myself unfortunately, I would preferably ask if you are able to reupload your modded version which seems to have been removed by sendspace, for unknown reason.

Thanks,
    Ben

How to download mod spartak?

[CITAÇÃO = Vit2013; 15283277] Como baixar mod spartak? [/ CITAÇÕES]

I also ask the same question: if the mod was lost forever. I saw these forums for years but without a TW Center account, I just created one and basically before playing these three mods, 58BC, 77BC and The First Triumvirate, I read a lot to get used to the Roman world before playing, and now I see that this great mod is lost ...:anjo triste: