Thread: INVASIO BARBARORVM : VLTRA GLORIAM ROMAE for steam.

Icon4 INVASIO BARBARORVM : VLTRA GLORIAM ROMAE for steam.

To run INVASIO BARBARORVM : VLTRA GLORIAM ROMAE in steam just put
    "RomeTW-BI.exe -nm -show_err -mod:rio" in lauch options and you would be able to play this mod in steam.

Mamertine's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: INVASIO BARBARORVM : VLTRA GLORIAM ROMAE for steam.

I know this is an old thread, but wanted to clarify how to install it. Almost all of the credit goes to BrokiDerpmen and Riothamus. Follow the download instructions and download the 4 parts and an the patch. Extract it to: Steam/steamapps/common/RomeTotalWarGold/ (note: I did not extract it to the BI folder, just as far as RTW Gold/ and it worked just fine). Then extract the patch to desktop. Inside the extracted patch file is a folder named "Rio". Drag and drop that into where the current Rio folder is. mine was here: Steam/steamapps/common/RomeTotalWarGold/ (it will be where extracted the mod). Replace all old files with current new ones.

Now, open Steam and Right click on RTW Gold and go to properties. Click on "Set Launch Options" under the General tab. Copy and paste the info in the above post verbatim (minus the quotation marks), Like this: RomeTW-BI.exe -nm -show_err -mod:rio

Now click "Okay". Now right click on RTW again (in Steam to play the game) and and select "Launch Rome Total War Barbarian Invasion" and VGR started up for me as default.

It did take about 2 minutes+ for the game to actually start up, so don't think it is frozen, just give it time.

Btw, Rio, the music is amazing! Special thanks to: Riothamus, BroskiDerpman, and Patxistein.
    When Hiero returned to besiege their base (Messana) in 265 BC the Mamertines called for help from a nearby fleet from Carthage, which occupied the harbor of Messana. Seeing this, the Syracuse forces retired, not wishing to confront Carthaginian forces. Uncomfortable under the Cathaginian "protection," the Mamertines now appealed to Rome to be allowed into the protection of the Roman people. At first, the Romans did not wish to come to the aid of soldiers who had unjustly stolen a city from its rightful possessors. However, unwilling to see Carthaginian power spread further over Sicily and get too close to Italy, Rome responded by entering into an alliance with the Mamertines. In response, Syracuse allied itself with Carthage, imploring their protection. With Rome and Carthage brought into conflict, the Syracuse/Mamertine conflict escalated into the First Punic War.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamertine View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but wanted to clarify how to install it. Almost all of the credit goes to BrokiDerpmen and Riothamus. Follow the download instructions and download the 4 parts and an the patch. Extract it to: Steam/steamapps/common/RomeTotalWarGold/ (note: I did not extract it to the BI folder, just as far as RTW Gold/ and it worked just fine). Then extract the patch to desktop. Inside the extracted patch file is a folder named "Rio". Drag and drop that into where the current Rio folder is. mine was here: Steam/steamapps/common/RomeTotalWarGold/ (it will be where extracted the mod). Replace all old files with current new ones.

Now, open Steam and Right click on RTW Gold and go to properties. Click on "Set Launch Options" under the General tab. Copy and paste the info in the above post verbatim (minus the quotation marks), Like this: RomeTW-BI.exe -nm -show_err -mod:rio

Now click "Okay". Now right click on RTW again (in Steam to play the game) and and select "Launch Rome Total War Barbarian Invasion" and VGR started up for me as default.

It did take about 2 minutes+ for the game to actually start up, so don't think it is frozen, just give it time.

Btw, Rio, the music is amazing! Special thanks to: Riothamus, BroskiDerpman, and Patxistein.
    The Key is to waiting for I to load for I believe it's regenerating the map files..so yes very important because it des take time to do this. The music I love but unfortunately there is an issue wen invading Roman or defending Roman lands. The mod may cd prior to the in game battle. I'm trying to fix this for the new upload. The new upload is done but I have this issue to fix and I have an extra mod(3rd) ne besides 463AD and 434AD. It I Dux Britannia 450AD. Only Britain and Ireland are on the map. It is done except for the completion of the provinces and the games balancing.Thnk u You Mamertine

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Glad to have helped Mamertine, I still remember you from EB2 subforums.
    炸鸡

Mamertine's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by BroskiDerpman View Post
    Glad to have helped Mamertine, I still remember you from EB2 subforums.
    Lol, hopefully you remember me on a positive note, I can be polarizing. Although I do not post as much as I did, I still read TWC frequently. If only RTW2 wasn't such an abortion. I personally think it is more of a Warscape issue than anything. But I also remember you as well. Keep doing what you do, you are a good contributor to TWC. Now I am just waiting for EBII and Tsardoms.
    When Hiero returned to besiege their base (Messana) in 265 BC the Mamertines called for help from a nearby fleet from Carthage, which occupied the harbor of Messana. Seeing this, the Syracuse forces retired, not wishing to confront Carthaginian forces. Uncomfortable under the Cathaginian "protection," the Mamertines now appealed to Rome to be allowed into the protection of the Roman people. At first, the Romans did not wish to come to the aid of soldiers who had unjustly stolen a city from its rightful possessors. However, unwilling to see Carthaginian power spread further over Sicily and get too close to Italy, Rome responded by entering into an alliance with the Mamertines. In response, Syracuse allied itself with Carthage, imploring their protection. With Rome and Carthage brought into conflict, the Syracuse/Mamertine conflict escalated into the First Punic War.

Yeah I can't wait till EB2, they managed to add in new vegetation!
    炸鸡