Thread: Cannot Trade

LordUhtred's Avatar Civis

Default Cannot Trade

I am playing a campaign on normal as Chosokabe, and for some reason (this is infuriating me beyond reason I dont want to have to buy a new keyboard) NO ONE will trade with me. Ever since the first turn literally not a single faction will even consider trading with me. I'm now at the point where I have superior stone, superior wood and superior horses PLUS I have 2 full stack trade fleets at 2 of the trade points. Still, not a single faction will even consider (not even for 20,000 gold) trading with me. Not even factions who I've been allied with since the beginning. Just what the hell is going on?
    Rome 2 Rome 2 Rome 2 Rome 2 Rome 2 Rome 2 Rome 2 Rome 2, that is all.

kostas84's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Cannot Trade

The AI also considers how much money you will make off the trade.

If you get too much money from the trade they wont trade with you.

Its part of the game.

LordUhtred's Avatar Civis

yeah thats all good and well, but NO ONE? At all? Not even at the start of the campaign? This did not happen any other time I've played Chosokabe and now it won't stop happening. Is this another awful probably gamebreaking update from CA?
    Rome 2 Rome 2 Rome 2 Rome 2 Rome 2 Rome 2 Rome 2 Rome 2, that is all.

kostas84's Avatar Campidoctor

If you get too much money, no one except for your Vassals.

If you get a normal amount like 80 or 100 without too many superior resources they will trade with you, so make as many trade partners as you can when u dont have anything, then build up your trade ships for the trade nodes and conquer superior resource provinces and see the money flow. :3

I don't understand the new trade mechanics at all after latest patches. Check out Mori campaign guide for more info but the new trade agreement thresholds are out of whack. For some reason AI seems only keen to accept trade once you control Warhorses resource. You will get maybe one trade agreement initially (and you will have to grease the cogs too) but once you take Suo, or any other province which has Warhorses, AI will not only accept trade offers but will pay thousands for the privilege.

I'm playing a Takeda campaign now and it's been a doddle because Kai has the horsies; AI clans with moderate wealth are happy to fork out 10k every time to trade with me. Bonkers.

Without that resource I've struggled to clinch any trade at all.

It's got to be a bug, having the same issues

Is anyone else seeing resources not showing up on the Diplomacy Resources that should? AI clans that have resources don't have it in Diplomacy, and as the player I've got access to more resources than I show on the Diplo page

This happens to me too, just wait until they reconsider and change mind.

Nothing can do when everyone refused.
    Its easy to make war with others, its never been easy when we need a peace.

My holy damn simple tactic; Strike First, Strike HARD and SHOW NO MERCY.

Rijul.J.Ballal's Avatar Domesticus

This can be good concentrate on your farms and stuff, cause when realm divide happens you are more secure...

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Move your fleet out of your trade nodes before asking for trade. Make sure your fleet is not on your enemy trade routes which may also be trading with your potiential trade partners.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    Move your fleet out of your trade nodes before asking for trade. Make sure your fleet is not on your enemy trade routes which may also be trading with your potiential trade partners.
    That used to work before the last patch, now it doesn't seem to make any difference...

Yup, I occupy all west 4 trade node, still no one interested my offer lol

BTW, as Mori, I don't a trade! just rob them all on the sea muwahahahahaha, you got like 5000+ from pirating.

Note: Very Hard campaign
    Its easy to make war with others, its never been easy when we need a peace.

My holy damn simple tactic; Strike First, Strike HARD and SHOW NO MERCY.

AI seems to REALLY want Horses.. If you have that resource, AI almost always trades with you.
    Note - almost always. At least you'll be getting trade offers that don't demand a deposit money on first turn and then the trade deals being broken on the very next turn.