Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Change/Edit traits, ancillary, attributes, and abilities of faction leaders and generals

Default Re: Change/Edit traits, ancillary, attributes, and abilities of faction leaders and generals

Quote Originally Posted by Live2sculpt View Post
    Now that it is possible via modding to include multiple armies on a campaign battle-map
    Huh? For real? How would you do that? I never heard of such sorcery before. Wasnt it possible in MTW2 only?

Live2sculpt's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Change/Edit traits, ancillary, attributes, and abilities of faction leaders and generals

Quote Originally Posted by Sirlion View Post
    Huh? For real? How would you do that? I never heard of such sorcery before. Wasnt it possible in MTW2 only?
    Bran Mac Born found that if you ported a certain settings line from M2TW to NTW preferences.txt "unlimited_men_on_battlefield true; # unlimited_men_on_battlefield <true|false>, Allow unlimited men on battlefield #"

that you can get any Enemy or Allied reinforcing armies to arrive on the field en masse. With one rotten exception, the players own reinforcements are still hard-coded to only trickle-in when under 20 units. But any Allied reinforcement DOES arrive en masse.

I suggest swapping the preferences.txt as needed to allow for such battles if/when Allied armies can be called upon.

But with so many new possibilities for additional armies, it becomes even more critical to try to diminish 'retarded' behavior.

So the question comes back to whether tweaking the settings (stars, attributes, ancillaries) of the Generals for every faction could help improve the tactical behavior of additional forces as they arrive.

This is interesting... to know.

TuranianGhazi's Avatar Biarchus

Interesting! Based on AmirTimur's excellent mod here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?771863

I was able to retrace the steps and add Religion Mosques and Imams to this old-forgotten but more vanilla-closer mod here by md1453 in an unofficial version 6.0 update: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...hlight=ottoman

So, I got those working. Yay! I was about to post this version 6.0 to md1453's thread by adding this last missing agent to his mod, but alas, I did run into one annoying visual snag.

The only issue that I WASN'T able to replicate from AmirTimur's mod was what I believe is portrait allocation for mideast missionary done at the ESF stage. Basically, there are UI/Portraits/ for mideast missionary, but when they pop out, as AGENT UNITS on the campaign map, they have no portrait. Basically, some linkage is missing between the UI folder in the PACK file and agent unit.

In reverse-engineering Amir Timur's mod, I looked at his ESF and definitely under PORTRAIT ALLOCATION, unlike the vanilla Napoleon Total War experience of missionaries having 0s, his mod had some numbers, 9 for the 9 portraits, I believe, but there was also a weird string, which I have no idea what it points to or does. Anyways, with AmirTimur's ESF, all works, but not with the NTF Europe-All Playable, that I'm most using and trying to edit.

First of all, my problem is that NO Esf Editor that I've tried seems to actually ENACT or SAVE the change. ALL of them crash!

So which ESF Editor STILL works well with Napoleon Total War, and Empire Total War? Is it because of the Definitive Edition change?

I tried the following EditSF version: 1.0.7, 1.1.1, and the latest 1.2.4.
    They all crash!

Now, I tried the outdated EsfEditor 1.4.5 (which had the best layout: I mean it spelled out the country names under Faction Array so I didn't have to manually check each one to find the ottomans or crimean_khanate for example)

Scouring the web, I found that there is EsfEditor 1.4.8 out there which did work at least for some time with both NTW and ETW. Problem is I can't find a download link anywhere. Most are broken, leading nowhere.

So please, may you guys help me out with a working EsfEditor and how AmirTimur was able to add/handle Portraits for essentially custom agents? If I figure this out, I may even try the same technique for my custom Crimean culture group which is likewise missing custom Generals portraits, but otherwise works just fine.

Thank you very much in advance! Much appreciated!
    Last edited by TuranianGhazi; March 04, 2020 at 06:08 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12