Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Minor/unplayable factions - make your bets!

spartan_warrior's Avatar Combating the ignorant

Default Re: Minor/unplayable factions - make your bets!

Quote Originally Posted by Sherm View Post
    nice +1
    I have posted an updated map, in here: The campaign map(artistic representation) so far

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by spartan_warrior View Post
    I have posted an updated map, in here: The campaign map(artistic representation) so far
    Thanks, updated the op with it.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Check the op.

I have added a lot of new stuff, including this map:

Quote Originally Posted by nicolasete View Post

Check the op.

Paint in the Bactrian Kingdom.

torongill's Avatar Praepositus

I remember reading that there will be about 50 factions. In total, not 50 non-playable. Maybe I've been mistaken, but if that's the case, then some of the minor factions will be fused together. For example the Boii and Insubres in Cisalpine Gaul may be one faction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernicus II View Post
    What's EB?
    "I Eddard of the house Stark, Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North, sentence you to die."
    "Per Ballista ad astra!" - motto of the Roman Legionary Artillery.
    Republicans in all their glory...

In italy ther could be emerging rebel factions and ex roman allies like...

Samnites
    Bruttii
    Messapii
    Lucani
    Picenii
    Greek cities
    Celtic Boii
    Etruscans
    Sardinians
    Cenomani
    Insubri
    Veneti
    Liguri
    Senoni

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

I would add garamsntes in sahar desert , and in the boshphor the cimmerian bosphoran kingdom scito hellenistic.

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

Petroniu's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by torongill View Post
    I remember reading that there will be about 50 factions. In total, not 50 non-playable. Maybe I've been mistaken, but if that's the case, then some of the minor factions will be fused together. For example the Boii and Insubres in Cisalpine Gaul may be one faction.
    Actually, when they were asked for a total number of factions Russell answered that the number is in the top half between 1 and 100. So it is safe to assume 60 factions in total, including the playable ones. Anyways, this game will rock!
    RTWRM - back to basics

Who is the retard that name hispania Tacos? he think we are mexican or what?

Si lo has puesto tu OP, supongo que sera coña lo de "Tacos"

Hmm, quoting myself:
    Quote Originally Posted by Yayattasa View Post
    I've compiled all the 'factions' in RTW, as CA said the faction in R2 will mirror them. Here they are in no special order:
    - Gaetulians
    - Numidians
    - Cretans
    - Athenians
    - Carthaginians
    - Poeni
    - Lybians
    - Egyptians
    - Nabataeans
    - Seleucids
    - Palmyrans
    - Parthians
    - Mede
    - Armenians
    - Pontus
    - Galatians
    - Bithynians
    - Lycians
    - Greek City States
    - Scythians
    - Amazons
    - Gepids
    - Venedae
    - Saxons
    - Goths
    - Bosphorans
    - Dacians
    - Germanic tribes
    - Thracians
    - Sithone
    - Macedonians █
    - Epirots
    - Illyrians
    - Scordisci
    - Helvetii
    - Boii
    - Gaul
    - Britons
    - Aedui
    - Voconti
    - Spanish
    - Hibernians
    - SPQR
    - Julii
    - Scipii
    - Brutii

I'm pretty sure these factions will come back (but with Briton, Gaul, Greek, Spanish and German factions divided this time). Of course, we already know we will have only one Roman faction.
    Of course, I'm sure Amazons are out this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaykas View Post
    Creo que es una broma, porque en una otra tema el admitio, que es Español.

Pardon my spanish, it's a real shame I still don't know it as well as I should
    What's EB?
    "I Eddard of the house Stark, Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North, sentence you to die."

Petroniu's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Yayattasa View Post
    Hmm, quoting myself:

Of course, I'm sure Amazons are out this time.
    I am with you! That is the most logical assessment yet!
    RTWRM - back to basics

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bengalg3 View Post
    Paint in the Bactrian Kingdom.
    Bactrians are inside the map notes. I prefer to wait until i have an updated map with the official province shapes to add those factions.

Anyways, that map is from 200 B.C. I think the game starts around 290-260 B.C. so, for instance, Armenia would't be there, they would be part of the Seleucid Empire.

I think they also said they will limit themselves to 100, so i guess the number could be anywhere between 50 and say... 80.

Cisalpine Gaul was one of the fantasy confederations i thought of, thin is, i would only join together Boii and Insubres (the only actual celts there), but i think they will give Ariminium to the Etruscan League, so that would leave the cisalpine gauls with just 1 province.

The other option would be to give Cisalpine Gaul Patavium and Genua, but i seem to recall that the Ligurians and the (adriatic) Venetii were not indo-european, or at least, not celtic.

I have even read that the Ligurians were a non-indoeuropean tribe related to the Iberians. As for the Veneti... they are related o the Liburnians in the northern part of Illyria, so they could be doing something there too.

Anyways, the most probable thing they could do is to give the entire Cisalpine Gaul to a fantasy faction comprising Patavium, Mehdlan and Genua.

Btw, one of the main reasons why i have left them separated is because:

a) it would add some realism to the Roman Campaign, better emulating the begginings of the Roman conquests.
    b) Insubres and Venetii participated in the battle of Cannae separately, the Insubres as allies of Hannibal, and the Venetii as allies of Rome. I thought they might maintain the factions to permit reenacting that.

Quote Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS ts View Post
    In italy ther could be emerging rebel factions and ex roman allies like...

Samnites
    Bruttii
    Messapii
    Lucani
    Picenii
    Greek cities
    Celtic Boii
    Etruscans
    Sardinians
    Cenomani
    Insubri
    Veneti
    Liguri
    Senoni
    If they included the Picenii, the Boii, the Insubri, the Venetii, the Senoni or the Etruscans (confirmed, actually), they would not need to be emerging since they could be there at the starts (their lands had not yet been conquered by Rome when the game starts).

In any case, i doubt they make more than 1 coexisting faction per province (for instance, you could have Senoni, Boii and Piceni in Ariminium, and they could only give it to one of them. Funny part is that i thinkt hey will give it to the Etruscan League anyways).

Quote Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS ts View Post
    I would add garamsntes in sahar desert , and in the boshphor the cimmerian bosphoran kingdom scito hellenistic.

I honestly have no clue of what they will do in north Africa. Could be garamantes, could be gaetulians, could be lybians maybe they even expand numidians eastwards. There could even be a big berfer faction.

I honestly would not understand the point of making loads of fantasy factions (cisalpine gaul, iberians, etc) just to take provinces from carthage and be forced to add some extra unimportant tribes to north africa when i think we would be quite settled with Mauritanians, Numidians and Lybians. Or even just Numidians and Lybians, who knows.

As for Bosphorus, its in the map notes, i'd like to wait until i have an updated map with the official province shapes to add those factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaykas View Post
    Supones bien.
    Last edited by HigoChumbo; March 09, 2013 at 09:58 AM.

What I meant was that if there's a big Celtic faction to the north of the Etruscan league(yeah, I'm giving both regions north of Rome to the Etrusci), basically give both the Midhlan and Patavium to the Celtic faction and ally them to the Ligurians, will provide a firewall for northward Roman expansion, at least for a while. I'd also love to have a trigger event that sets up a war with Carthage, so that the Cisalpine regions have time to develop and be more of a challenge. The problem with multiple minifactions is that they may not stay allied to each other and instead exhaust themselves and give Rome an easy time. It took the Romans forty years at least to subdue Cisalpine Gaul and it should be reflected in the game
    What's EB?

Tadzreuli's Avatar Chevalier Blanche

very real and historical map !!!!! this should be used by CA !!!!

Citizen

Blog Entries

What I meant was that if there's a big Celtic faction to the north of the Etruscan league(yeah, I'm giving both regions north of Rome to the Etrusci), basically give both the Midhlan and Patavium to the Celtic faction and ally them to the Ligurians, will provide a firewall for northward Roman expansion, at least for a while. I'd also love to have a trigger event that sets up a war with Carthage, so that the Cisalpine regions have time to develop and be more of a challenge. The problem with multiple minifactions is that they may not stay allied to each other and instead exhaust themselves and give Rome an easy time. It took the Romans forty years at least to subdue Cisalpine Gaul and it should be reflected in the game
    Yup i got you. But again, i think that the Venetians were not celtic either (they were indo-europeans, but not celtic, if i am correct). I read the Liburnians (northern Illyria) and the Vindelici (in the alps) were related to them.

Wikpedia says they obliterated a Spartan fleet that tryed to sack Patavium, that should be enough reason to include them, we all know the Spartans are hardasses.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadzreuli View Post
    very real and historical map !!!!! this should be used by CA !!!!
    Haha, I'm sure CA has better sources than me xD They probably have hired proffesional historians who would banish from the planet anyone who abuses Wikipedia as much as i do.

* Btw, i added the .psd file of the map to the op in case any of you want to play with it.
    Last edited by HigoChumbo; March 09, 2013 at 12:12 PM.

spartan_warrior's Avatar Combating the ignorant

Nice work on speculating on the minor factions nicolasete. If you haven't seen it yet, I have updated my map to include the provinces shown on the Parthian faction reveal, if you wanted to add in the minor factions in the east, http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/1066/romemap.jpg
    Last edited by spartan_warrior; March 09, 2013 at 12:15 PM.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Quote Originally Posted by nicolasete View Post

Check the op.

Nice map mate... but you should update it and then most it with Spartan Warriors maps so people find it quicker.

Oh and I bet the blank spot in Germany will be the Suevi or Cherusci, but the Suevi are more likely.
    Last edited by MathiasOfAthens; March 09, 2013 at 02:30 PM.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by spartan_warrior View Post
    Nice work on speculating on the minor factions nicolasete. If you haven't seen it yet, I have updated my map to include the provinces shown on the Parthian faction reveal, if you wanted to add in the minor factions in the east, http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/1066/romemap.jpg
    Thanks!

Updated the op to include it and updated my map with your new version. Added:

• Maurya Empire
    • Greco-Bactrian Kingdom
    • Dahae
    • Chorasmians (Khwarezmians)
    • Cimmeran Bosphorus
    • Chatti

* Fixed the borders of Caucasian Iberia, Athropatene and the Seleucid Empire to fit inside the official borders.
    * Currently researching what to do with Crete. Gave it to Egypt based on a quote about Cyprus so i'ts probably wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MathiasOfAthens View Post
    Nice map mate... but you should update it and then most it with Spartan Warriors maps so people find it quicker..
    Done

Quote Originally Posted by MathiasOfAthens View Post
    Oh and I bet the blank spot in Germany will be the Suevi or Cherusci, but the Suevi are more likely.
    The Suevi (Suebi, Suabians Schweboz, whatever) migrated to that zone a several centuries later, and anyways we already know they are playable and they are in their original homeland to the north, so it has to be another thing.

The Cheruschi were more to the north too. I have included them in the province of Tulifurdum (around modern day Hannover). Maybe they give it to the Chatti, who as far as i know were settled more to the south.

I'm not entirelly sure that there were germanic peoples in that particular region (the in game province of Uburzis-Würzburg) around the time the game starts at.

Anyways, they might give it as a second province for the Cherusci, just to make them more relevant (because of Teutoburg etc).

*Btw, right now there are around 75 factions with only the Steppe Factions, the north african tribes and the Panonians missing. well withing their 100 max. even with a few fantasy confederations, it looks like the map could actually end up looking pretty much historically correct
    Last edited by HigoChumbo; March 09, 2013 at 06:14 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast