Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Legacy Mod Thread: Land of the Rising Sun Mod Version 1.1 is available 2013-07-23

Elianus's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Land of the Rising Sun Mod Version 1.0 is available 2013-05-27

You are the man. You gave me the best total war experience I have ever had with LME and now you are doing an excellent job with Shogun 2.
    I am talking about the headwear of the shogun guard. They should have the same as the lancers.
    A few other things:
    1. You could make the shinsengumi even better at melee. I mean, there were many very capable swordsmen in their ranks
    2. Regarding the guard units, I think they should be just as good or even better at melee than any marines. These were ex-samurai. Giving them back their swords may even be historical (I am not sure on this one)
    3.It may be a good idea to allow all ranks to fire in all firearm units. I find it silly seeing line infantry where only the first lines fires at the start of the game. Kneel fire would still have a use since it makes them fire much better.
    Also, this allows both rows to fire while on the walls
    4. I am curious about the rifle that the shogun infantry have. Which one is it? Why is their range so short?
    ''Πας μη Έλλην, βάρβαρος.''

Quote Originally Posted by Elianus View Post
    You are the man. You gave me the best total war experience I have ever had with LME and now you are doing an excellent job with Shogun 2.
    I am talking about the headwear of the shogun guard. They should have the same as the lancers.
    A few other things:
    1. You could make the shinsengumi even better at melee. I mean, there were many very capable swordsmen in their ranks
    2. Regarding the guard units, I think they should be just as good or even better at melee than any marines. These were ex-samurai. Giving them back their swords may even be historical (I am not sure on this one)
    3.It may be a good idea to allow all ranks to fire in all firearm units. I find it silly seeing line infantry where only the first lines fires at the start of the game. Kneel fire would still have a use since it makes them fire much better.
    Also, this allows both rows to fire while on the walls
    4. I am curious about the rifle that the shogun infantry have. Which one is it? Why is their range so short?
    Thank you Elianus, makes it all worthwhile I'm glad you like both LME and this one

I will check the headgear before next update, agree on that one. You're other feedback and suggestions are very good. I will keep them in mind when working on next update (1.1)

The Shogun infantry are equipped with Dreyse Needle guns that were shorter ranged (effective) than Tabatiere, Chassepots or Snider rifles.

Cheers
    iutland

I think it was Noif ( actually others too)that made guard units have the same colors (imperial or shogunate) in every clan. That would be good too. I haven't checked anything other than FotS yet but when I do I will make sure to let you know (and take away more of your free time). Btw are the imperial infantry units armed with snider rifles?

Quote Originally Posted by Elianus View Post
    I think it was Noif ( actually others too)that made guard units have the same colors (imperial or shogunate) in every clan. That would be good too. I haven't checked anything other than FotS yet but when I do I will make sure to let you know (and take away more of your free time). Btw are the imperial infantry units armed with snider rifles?
    Very funny Yes Imperial infantry and Imperial Guard infantry are equipped with Snider rifles whereas other line infantry types of the imperial clans are equipped with Minie rifles.

It took me a while to notice but.......HOW can this mod not have its own section?!?
    EDIT: It seems that certain rifles are perhaps too accurate. I played a battle where I had one imperial infantry unit vs one shogun infantry unit.
    My guys killed almost half of the unit in the first volley. Maximum range. Basically the first one that opens fire wins in seconds. I am not certain but I think I have read some accounts where
    troops in this era armed with modern rifles would fire at each other for several (as many as 20) minutes (again I am talking about long range,not 100 meters).
    Was this your intention?
    Last edited by Elianus; May 29, 2013 at 04:27 PM.

I would never have downloaded this if it wasnt for the screenshots, and oh my they saved me, Best mod so far for Shogun2! give this thing its own forum! maybe give the game a lighter version of smoke tho, when everyone fires and there is smoke all over the screen my game slows down abit and get a little laggy
    Last edited by Fedual; May 29, 2013 at 05:51 PM.

Vioras's Avatar Civis

This mod looks good, but I want a very slow realistic game with high upkeeps high garrison, big battles need to be very decisive and I don't want clans to steamroll over other clans.
    Is this mod suitable for me or should I stay with true samurai mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Fedual View Post
    I would never have downloaded this if it wasnt for the screenshots, and oh my they saved me, Best mod so far for Shogun2! give this thing its own forum! maybe give the game a lighter version of smoke tho, when everyone fires and there is smoke all over the screen my game slows down abit and get a little laggy
    Thank you Fedual The smoke should be as in vanilla since I didn't want to hamper players with lower spec. PCs

Mod forum requested yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Vioras View Post
    This mod looks good, but I want a very slow realistic game with high upkeeps high garrison, big battles need to be very decisive and I don't want clans to steamroll over other clans.
    Is this mod suitable for me or should I stay with true samurai mod?
    Thanks Vioras
    It is not a steamrolling mod and progresses slower than vanilla You could compare the campaign play with what you experience with NTW mod LME but I can't tell you how it works compared to True Samurai, since I haven't tried that mod?

Give it a try and let me know what you think?

The Bold Burgundian's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Land of the Rising Sun Mod Version 0.7 Public Beta is available 2013-03-03

I love you Iutland please don't ever stop making make glorious mods and never retire out of butthurt from not being invited to the CA Modding Summit!

Well this is kind of strange, i have the game installed on an SSD, and my graphics cards are 2x Nvidia 670´s and i still lag when there is a large amount of smoke on the screen :/ is there any way of reducing it myself in the data files?

The Bold Burgundian's Avatar Ducenarius

Iutland please help, I'm still getting the bows sounding like cannons bug even after I install senfonia semplice!

Libertus
    Skullcrusher Mountain, New Hampshire, USA, North America

I can't believe I didn't notice this mod before! It's incredible! Thank you very much for creating it, it's pretty much the ideal Shogun 2 experience from what I have played so far.

A few suggestions for the Sengoku Jidai campaign:
    1.More realistic clan bonuses like better and more firearm units for clans like the Shimazu, Date, Tokugawa.
    2.Get rid of katana samurai. Completely unrealistic. You could give them bows and have them as the generic samurai unit (not completely ahistorical for the starting date). They could have normal bows and you could change the archer unit into an elite, long-range bow (daikyuu) unit with even better melee stats.
    3. Better melee stats for teppo samurai. These were elite units
    4.Add ashigaru sharpshooters, with light infantry behaviour and the ability to deploy anywhere
    5.Make the yari cav better at melee and turn the katana cav into some elite and rare unit. Only way I can think of that could justify their existence
    6. Better melee stats for yumi cav. And make them rare too. These guys were elite but they were beginning to fade away.
    7. I understand why this would not take the top of your list but adding named units at some point would really make the game more atmospheric.

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

This looks like a reason to play shogun 2 again!

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

Hmmh...I'm do not have any time to even play the game for the time being, so I better inquire further...but there are some things I can comment on for now:

1. Imperial Inf having extra range compared to Shogunate Inf don't feel fair...they should be quite balanced, as Shogunate Inf should not had used Dreyse as their main issue rifle, but Tabattiere since France was Shogunate main backing. The Guards are even fully equipped with brand-new Chassepot 1866.

The Shogunate itself have a fully equipped modernized army thanks to French Military Mission, but the supporting clans are mostly not modernizing fast enough. On the contrary, The Imperial Army are comprised from Clan, Daimyo Armies that Modernizes themselves very well.

Dreyse Zundnadelgewehr mostly bought Privately, not by The French-Equipped Shogunate itself, and so I suggest that Dreyse should be given to Clan Unique Troops that can be trained before Shogunate/Imperial Inf can be trained. This should represent Local clans having initiative to modernize their own armies. I prefer Nagaoka, however they do not have any Unique Units, so Bear Infantries and Vermillion Birds should be the next choice.

Here's an good Illustrated book about Bakumatsu and Early Imperial Japanese Armies:
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/74873120/J...orms-1841-1929
    A Goldmine, I tell ya....

And oh, perhaps adding 1 turn for each ship commisioning in FoTS can help reduce AI raids.
    Last edited by weirdoascensor; May 30, 2013 at 01:11 PM.

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

That book is amazing (I found it in february 2012 and I immediatly linked it to Noif when he started his nowb!)!

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

I don't post much but I would just like to say great job for making a great mod. I've always played With Darth but this is a nice change.

Ther doesn't seem to be many comments of user experience turn by turn so here's my little input.

I started a sengoku campaign. I started as Tokugawa on H/H and a long campaign. As you stated the mod starts of with peace with Oda. After a few turns increasing farming and my army, Oda declared war on turn 3. I immediately went to battle with the stray army on my borders. After an easy victory I found the Oda province with only one unit and the general. I easily took control on the same turn wiping them out. A few turns on I then conquered the province opposite Oda controlled my Saito. I then continued onto Kiso for that glorious stone. This was a hard battle which cost me 80% of my army. About two turns on Imagawa declared war taking my home provience with a full stack then Oda which I previously conquered. The following turn Hojo declared war, followed by Amako, Chosokabe. It's now around turn 13 and I'm re-building my army as I see a full stack of Hojo near Kiso. As I only had my two generals and a few stacks I bottled it headed back to the Saito province. With only half an army I was screwed. Hojo continued on to where I ran too with Imagawa coming from the opposite turn. The following turn I had around 6 units of normal ashigaru, two bow units and my two generals. I went to battle with a full stack of Hojo and a full stack of Imagawa as support. The battle lasted about half hour but was one of the best I've had. I lost but not without a fight. It was game over for me after turn 16.

I play the game for gameplay and when it comes to historical accuracy I'm actually not to worried, as long as it plays well I'm happy. I will attempt the same campaign tomorrow but with the exception of taking my time and covering other provinces.

All in all, a top notch mod!

This Mod sounds great and I would love to try it, but I'm having trouble installing it. I've followed the instructions, extracted the Mod pack type file into the data folder but it doesn't work.

Whenever I try start Shogun 2, I select RSM_1_0.pack through the mod manager but all I get is the loading screen for a few seconds then it crashes to desktop. I've checked for any other mods that might be causing a problem but I can't seem to find anything that shouldn't be there.

I've got:

boot.pack
    bp_orig.pack
    data.pack
    data_fots.pack
    local_en.pack
    local_en_patch.pack
    model.pack (1+2)
    movies.pack (1+2)
    movies_fots.pack
    patch.pack (1-23)
    patch_bp.pack
    patch_fots.pack (1-5)
    patch_movies.pack (1-5)
    patch_movies_fots.pack (1+2)
    shaders.pack (1-14)
    sound.pack
    terrain.pack

and of course RSM_1_0.pack

Can you help a novice out? Thanks.

Hi, just wanted to come by and say that I'm really loving this mod! Some of my favourite features so far (I've only played a short while) are the new units which feel very much like they actually belong in the game, the way you made garrisons work with dojos contributing to them (was this in vanilla?), and that it feels like I'm playing vanilla but with some of the annoying stuff either changed or removed (and I mean that in an entirely good way).

Like I said, I haven't been playing for very long and tbh, I'm not sure how different the AI's behaviour is to vanilla 'cause I'm quite new to S2, but I notice that quite a few "great clan destroyed" messages where coming up in the first 5-10 turns and actually on one turn about 5 clans apparently got steamrolled lol. Oh, and I'm playing the defualt S2 campaign (sengoku jidai?).

I do have a few requests which you can feel free to ignore too:
    1. If you can be bothered maybe make a more performance friendly version which removes things like those little flags soldiers have attached to their backs and other excessive particle effects you think people might be able to live without. (Basically something along the lines of this.)
    2. Again, if possible/you can be bothered, make the land clearance building destructible or maybe have it on a timer or something 'cause it can be rather annoying for anyone who isn't playing as Otomo.
    And lastly, more of a personal gripe and potentially something others are perfectly happy with is if it might be possible to address the slightly annoying tendancy the AI to build up their castles to a really high level very early on (first 10-15 turns) even if they don't need/use the building slots.

Thanks again!
    Gonk

Have you looked into making encyclopedia entries for this mod?