Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Legacy Mod Thread: Land of the Rising Sun Mod Version 1.1 is available 2013-07-23

Elianus's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Land of the Rising Sun Mod Version 0.7 Public Beta is available 2013-03-03

Hmmm. Actually I think both made changes to the Shinsengumi (SODK also made amazing changes to the shogitai btw). Apologies, if I am wrong.
    ''Πας μη Έλλην, βάρβαρος.''

Default Re: Land of the Rising Sun Mod Version 0.7 Public Beta is available 2013-03-03

I might be wrong aswell. Anyway, great mod Iutland!

Great mod mate looking forward to future releases
    "Nothing is True Everything is permitted"

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

A little artwork
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Great mate! +rep!

Quote Originally Posted by Elianus View Post
    Ok, some other things
    1.Why does the line infantry unit have longer range than Imperial infantry? Which rifle are they supposed to have?
    2. Could you include the saya mod? It does not seem to work together with the mod at the moment
    3. Would you consider making the Shogun guard units look like this?

4.Bayonets would be a good choice for many units.
    5. Why give canister instead of shrapnel?
    6.I noticed that US marines have the same range as the British ones. I think that the US marines
    were using the Spencer rifle. They should have a higher rate of fire but shorter range.
    7. weirdoascensor made a great mod that gave the Shinsengumi a historical look that doesn't change between the factions. The same applies to Imperial and Shogunate units. It would be great to include this.
    8. Would you consider getting rid of units like ''katana samurai'' and combining katana and yari cav?
    9. I think it would be better to increase the range of all units. Something like 150-->200, 175-->225, 200-->250 and just make sure that they are less lethal at the maximum range.
    I know that the mods I mentioned require permission and maybe you are simply not interested in having them in the mod but I think they would make great additions to this very promising mod.
    Keep up the good work!
    Good feedback, thanks

I will try to answer the questions as much as I can:
    1. Imperial infantry are equipped with Snider rifles and Line Inf. with Minié rifles. The range diff. is compensated by a much lower reload time
    2. Maybe, can you post a link, I'm not familiar with all the S2TW mods?
    3. Yes, do you have more images?
    4. I assume you mean instead of Katana as melee weapon?
    5. To give the cannons a close-in and self-defence fighting capability. Anyway I don't like the way Shrapnel grenades works in game. Animation, hit ratio etc.
    6. US Marines do have Spencer rifles. I assume you mean Rangers? they are equipped with Chassepot rifles for precision (range), as are all Western skirmishers/light inf.
    7. When you and Ygge agrees, could you post a link?
    8. Could you please elaborate on this one, I don't understand the request?
    9. It is something that will need to be tested for gameplay purposes

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigorukia View Post
    Great mod mate looking forward to future releases
    Quote Originally Posted by Ygge View Post
    Great mate! +rep!
    Thank you

Last edited by VENNONETES; March 06, 2013 at 06:58 AM.

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Elianus's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Iutland View Post
    Good feedback, thanks

I will try to answer the questions as much as I can:
    1. Imperial infantry are equipped with Snider rifles and Line Inf. with Minié rifles. The range diff. is compensated by a much lower reload time
    2. Maybe, can you post a link, I'm not familiar with all the S2TW mods?
    3. Yes, do you have more images?
    4. I assume you mean instead of Katana as melee weapon?
    5. To give the cannons a close-in and self-defence fighting capability. Anyway I don't like the way Shrapnel grenades works in game. Animation, hit ratio etc.
    6. US Marines do have Spencer rifles. I assume you mean Rangers? they are equipped with Chassepot rifles for precision (range), as are all Western skirmishers/light inf.
    7. When you and Ygge agrees, could you post a link?
    8. Could you please elaborate on this one, I don't understand the request?
    9. It is something that will need to be tested for gameplay purposes
    4.Yes
    7.http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Uniform-Tweaks
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...dated-25-01-13
    Both are very good. The first also shows a version of the guards like my suggestion.
    8. The katana has always been a side arm. The realistic thing to do would be to get rid of katana cavalry since what you would really have is cavalry armed with both a yari and a katana.
    ''Πας μη Έλλην, βάρβαρος.''

Last edited by VENNONETES; March 07, 2013 at 07:14 AM.

OLD SIG

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

I'm Interested in your Artillery Additions, I take some similar methods...

-Your Shipboard Gun Classification for FoTS is really interesting...
    Now, Sengoku Era Ships. I say, rather than Carracks, it should be Caravels (AKA Nanban Trade Ship) that should be enabled for commissioning...In Vanilla, there are only two guns for Ships: shogun_japanese_naval_cannon for Cannon Mekurabune and shogun_european_naval_cannon for European ships.
    Why don't you make Demi-Canon, Demi-Culebrina, Sacre, and Falconeta classification? The Black Ship should have older, heavier cannon with shorter range; Nanban Trade Ships carry Lighter, but Longer Ranged Cannons; Japanese Cannon Bune only bring Falconets or even just Verso. There is another ship that should have cannons, but the ship model dont have it: Red Seal Ship. Make them, as High-Tier Japanese Ships, at least carry a Sizeable complement of Wallgunners...

-I see both of Your La Hitte guns use similar 12pdr NTW Cannon Model...Why dont make the smaller one use at least the 6pdr Cannon Model? I tell you, S2TW model pack also contains all NTW artillery models...Yes, there is unicorns and mortars in it...
    Last edited by weirdoascensor; March 07, 2013 at 08:06 AM.

OLD SIG

Quote Originally Posted by weirdoascensor View Post
    I'm Interested in your Artillery Additions, I take some similar methods...

-Your Shipboard Gun Classification for FoTS is really interesting...
    Now, Sengoku Era Ships. I say, rather than Carracks, it should be Caravels (AKA Nanban Trade Ship) that should be enabled for commissioning...In Vanilla, there are only two guns for Ships: shogun_japanese_naval_cannon for Cannon Mekurabune and shogun_european_naval_cannon for European ships.
    Why don't you make Demi-Canon, Demi-Culebrina, Sacre, and Falconeta classification? The Black Ship should have older, heavier cannon with shorter range; Nanban Trade Ships carry Lighter, but Longer Ranged Cannons; Japanese Cannon Bune only bring Falconets or even just Verso. There is another ship that should have cannons, but the ship model dont have it: Red Seal Ship. Make them, as High-Tier Japanese Ships, at least carry a Sizeable complement of Wallgunners...

-I see both of Your La Hitte guns use similar 12pdr NTW Cannon Model...Why dont make the smaller one use at least the 6pdr Cannon Model? I tell you, S2TW model pack also contains all NTW artillery models...Yes, there is unicorns and mortars in it...
    Thank you for your feedback regarding the Sengoku period cannon types. I haven't really got around differentiating the different ships in that period yet, but the ideas you present are quite interesting and something I will keep in mind

To the best of my knowledge there are no specific 6 pdr textures for land guns. In NTW all land cannons share the same model no matter what cannon ball size they used and it's the same in S2TW

BTW. I like your Saya mod, it is a very well thought addition to S2TW+Rep.

Here you are the italian UPC, nothing special, but at least now italian users won't have to change language https://lh.rs/6wLVa5eVpqDq

Iutland, can I add it to my UPC collection on the workshop? http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/f.../?id=101595705

I'm going to make a page on the 1st italian TW forum for the mod

Done! http://twonline.forumfree.it/?t=65265852
    Last edited by VENNONETES; March 10, 2013 at 07:24 AM.

OLD SIG

Quote Originally Posted by VENNONETES View Post
    Here you are the italian UPC, nothing special, but at least now italian users won't have to change language https://lh.rs/6wLVa5eVpqDq

Iutland, can I add it to my UPC collection on the workshop? http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/f.../?id=101595705

I'm going to make a page on the 1st italian TW forum for the mod

Done! http://twonline.forumfree.it/?t=65265852
    Thank you Venno for posting in the Italian forum, very kind of you and please maintain as you like :-)

Of course you can add it to your UPC collection!! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have started work on adding scabbards to units much in the same way as weirdoacensor, but not as extensive as the Saya mod. Anyhow, since there is only one way to do it so the animations looks correct, I will have to credit weirdoacensor for the "invention". I plan to finish that part and the addition of bayonets, once I get home from my travel to Korea.

Quote Originally Posted by Iutland View Post
    I have started work on adding scabbards to units much in the same way as weirdoacensor, but not as extensive as the Saya mod. Anyhow, since there is only one way to do it so the animations looks correct, I will have to credit weirdoacensor for the "invention". I plan to finish that part and the addition of bayonets, once I get home from my travel to Korea.

Sounds great!. I don't know if this is just your mod, but is anyone else having winter attrition not working in their FOTS campaigns?
    Rome > Darthmod Med2:K > SS6.4, Rule_Brittania, Broken Crescent Empire > Empire Realism Napoleon > Darthmod Shogun 2 > True Samurai, [WIP] Mettle Blades and Skills

Tired of changing steam Launcher options for Med 2/Kingdoms mods? use Kingdoms App Launcher

Funniest Thread in Rome 2 history: The new "you got the sandals wrong" thread.

You mentioned there are changes to uniforms. Would there be any conflicts if I want to use ACC? And in the changes to the CAI, are there any changes to realm divide? I feel like it should more strongly represent it's own name, a situation where power and alliances shift to form two distinct factions, instead of every AI controlled clan coming to completely hate the player.

Two changes I'd really like to see are some system for historical ashigaru progression to show how they develop form simple peasants given spears to real professional soldiers and giving units (and even buildings too) Japanese names, just for some flavor and immersion.

Quote Originally Posted by tomFoolery View Post
    You mentioned there are changes to uniforms. Would there be any conflicts if I want to use ACC? And in the changes to the CAI, are there any changes to realm divide? I feel like it should more strongly represent it's own name, a situation where power and alliances shift to form two distinct factions, instead of every AI controlled clan coming to completely hate the player.

Two changes I'd really like to see are some system for historical ashigaru progression to show how they develop form simple peasants given spears to real professional soldiers and giving units (and even buildings too) Japanese names, just for some flavor and immersion.
    Hi tomFoolery

All good points you mention, thanks :-)

The Ashigaru progression is on my to do list, and the realm divide will be corrected in RSM 0.8.

Demokritos was so kind to give me permission to include ACC, and I've integrated v. 59h in my development version of RSM, that will be released as 0.8.

I will not make any promises regarding Japanese names, since it requires a lot of research and I will probably end up with funny translations ;-)

Cheers
    Iutland

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

Iutland,
    Do you interested in applying premature detonations/duds for smoothbore howitzer shells, which use timed fuses?