Thread: What do you do when a person contacts you privately in facebook but you can't remember him?

Default What do you do when a person contacts you privately in facebook but you can't remember him?

Does sometimes any person contact you by private message in facebook ( or in another social media ) but you honestly don't remember who he is but that person says he knows you because he met you a long time ago? Despite you can't remember him but however all the information he provides turn out to be all verifiable at the end ( such as by confirmation from eyewitnesses ( from your relatives or some people you know ), even by photos he has, etc. Do you believe him in that case?

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What do you do when a person contacts you privately in facebook but you can't remember him?

I suppose it would depend on why he was contacting you, wouldn't it? If the guy is reaching out just to say "hey whats up" then the chances of it being real are much higher than if he's reaching out to ask to borrow money. Humans can be forgetful and I'm sure I've completely forgotten a couple people before that haven't forgotten me.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: What do you do when a person contacts you privately in facebook but you can't remember him?

I suppose it would depend on why he was contacting you, wouldn't it?
    99,00 % Sex Dating Sites.

On a more serious note: As Akar said, it depends, why he is contacting you.

If he has super business ideas from the Cayman Islands or sexy pics. Blocking.

If he has some RL infos, i would be curious, who he is. But normally there is a reason, why you have completely forget him. Maybe because of diverging interests, maybe he was a notorius small talk all day long talker.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

There’s a 90% chance in my experience they are either:

A. Trying to recruit you for some pyramid scheme Bull
    B. Trying to hit you up for money using some vague relationship
    C. A bot going to extreme lengths to appear real before trying to get you to sign up for some sort of sex service
    D. A phishing scheme
    E. A mentally ill stranger just randomly hitting people up
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

It could even be a couple of those .

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Campidoctor

@topic: At first I would feel very sorry for owning and using FB in the first place.
    Then, when having decided to still use it despite all the facts that speak against it, I would ask this person the question that matters: 'Who the are you?'

I suppose it would depend on why he was contacting you, wouldn't it? If the guy is reaching out just to say "hey whats up" then the chances of it being real are much higher than if he's reaching out to ask to borrow money. Humans can be forgetful and I'm sure I've completely forgotten a couple people before that haven't forgotten me.
    Exactly. Depends on whether or not that person inspires confidence. Like you say, a person who contacts you to ask you for money or material things, then he's someone not worthy of trust.

In my case I got to contact a guy who was an ex-classmate of mine in an English Language Center ( I hadn't seen him for about 10 years before contacting him). At first he told me that he wasn't very sure who I was ( Because according to him, he didn't remember much of that period of time in the past ). But as I gave him more detailed information, he got to remember me at last ( Because every detail I gave to him could be verified by him ). He struggled a lot to refresh his memory lol.
    Last edited by twgamer20197; January 14, 2022 at 05:37 AM.

Do I know you? lol

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

I don't make a thread about it on TWC.

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

But do you complain to Frasier about it?
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR